Bigrosco

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

After three years with CBS in the late 2000's, which I didn't care for, we're going into our 11th season with OnRoto. The site may not be flashy, but it's more than solid. Custom categories galore and great customer service. Highly recommend.

Edited by ssmarsh
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 12:36 PM, sngehl01 said:

No customer service would be better than what ESPN has. Scripted responses with zero desire to actually be helpful. 

Trash fantasy platform IMO. 

Their new design is trash.Buggy on phones. I think their intent is to force you to the app.

• Like 3

Yahoo dynasty and keeper leagues are closed from viewing now on the computer website.  Guess they are ready to implement changes and updates and add more prospects.  That's a good sign.   The ap is still open though but they probably just update the ap when the changes there are ready.

That's also why I take screen caps of all my leagues' rosters at the end of the season so I can remember who is on what team before fantasy baseball's re-opening and trades begin again on Yahoo because no ap is as crystal clear to read as a full laptop screen.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yahoo dynasty and keeper leagues are closed from viewing now on the computer website.  Guess they are ready to implement changes and updates and add more prospects.  That's a good sign.   The ap is still open though but they probably just update the ap when the changes there are ready.

That's also why I take screen caps of all my leagues' rosters at the end of the season so I can remember who is on what team before fantasy baseball's re-opening and trades begin again on Yahoo because no ap is as crystal clear to read as a full laptop screen.

Damn, I was just about to take the screen shot of my team in my keeper....Shouldn't have waited until the weekend

Looks like Rotowire released a portion of their draft kit.  

Anyone seeing any of the magazines in store yet?

Thanks to all who posted to my question!!!

In looking at all of the responses, it appears that sticking with CBS is probably the best option.  Though I HATE their lack of response to scoring errors (Ohtani) and perpetually incorrect pitching totals, it sounds like other platforms are less user-friendly.   I do like theCBS chat feature and it sounds like that isn't as good or not available on other sites.    Thanks again!!!

I was just wondering if any of the sites can do Auction redraft as a silent auction?  

Im in one redraft league where I finished 2nd 1st and 1st the last 3 years.  Don’t mean to toot my own horn.. just saying some players target me. If i start bidding.. 3 other people join in.

Kind of sucks.

3 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

I was just wondering if any of the sites can do Auction redraft as a silent auction?  

Im in one redraft league where I finished 2nd 1st and 1st the last 3 years.  Don’t mean to toot my own horn.. just saying some players target me. If i start bidding.. 3 other people join in.

Kind of sucks.

You need a more competitive league 

Pro tip: change your team name an hour before the draft to Team_____  (insert name of guy in your league). Works even better when two other guys in your league share a first name. Sometimes I go with someone who use to be in the league.

BPS veteran home league move 

Edited by brockpapersizer

2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

You need a more competitive league 

Pro tip: change your team name an hour before the draft to Team_____  (insert name of guy in your league) 

BPS veteran home league move 

I’m not sure if you’re kidding or not.

4 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

I’m not sure if you’re kidding or not.

I'm not. I do this in leagues where I have a reputation of dominating. It helps when people bid you up for the sake of it. Usually a few people catch on but most are too busy to notice. Certainly works great your first time doing it. Some leagues people expect me to do it, I still do it. Theres also no downside. Generic names work best like Team Mike.

Edited by brockpapersizer

League has pretty consistent group of people.  Do I lie to the commissioner that I'm quitting and then ask him to set me up with a new name?

Anyways, it's a bit fun to be the New York Yankees of a league.

Just wondering if Yahoo could implement such an easy idea.

12 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

League has pretty consistent group of people.  Do I lie to the commissioner that I'm quitting and then ask him to set me up with a new name?

Every league I've ever been in I can change my team name easily. I just do it a few hours before the draft  .

They can't make Ohtani one player after many years, you think they are going to add  blind bidding to help this extremely specific problem for a few people? It's not a bad idea, I just think it's so low on their priority list.

5 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Kind of sucks.

Just start bidding on players you don't want, when they go higher than they will over pay for guys you don't want anyways. After 3 or 4 guys, everyone will catch on and leave you alone.

5 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

On Yahoo you change your own team name and can do so a million times if you want.  Can also change your team's logo picture to anything as well easily.

Saw on twitter: Yahoo rep says last Thursday in January likely for 2020 registration to open 

• Thanks 2

Anyone play in the NFBC last year, or know how it works?  Their website and rules aren't exactly clear how everything works.

You draft a team in a league but compete for an overall championship?

Does anyone have a good site for ADP at this point in the year? Most of the sites I use aren't updated for this season. I've been going off Fantrax's list but I'd love to have some more options. I've seen NFBC stated on forums but haven't been able to find NFBC ADP anywhere.

9 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

Does anyone have a good site for ADP at this point in the year? Most of the sites I use aren't updated for this season. I've been going off Fantrax's list but I'd love to have some more options. I've seen NFBC stated on forums but haven't been able to find NFBC ADP anywhere.

Does this help? 
https://nfc.shgn.com/adp/baseball

• Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 10:58 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

What are some good sites for higher stakes ($500+) best balls?

Maybe this isn't the correct spot for this, but can anyone rec a good site for best balls??

On 1/2/2020 at 8:15 PM, murraygd13 said:

Anyone play in the NFBC last year, or know how it works?  Their website and rules aren't exactly clear how everything works.

You draft a team in a league but compete for an overall championship?

Yeah I do for baseball,football and basketball, you can play in a satelite league which is a typical league but they take about 10% rake or you can play in leagues with big grand prizes where depending on year but i think they do well 50 or so % goes to the grand prize (if they get more for the grand prize then they gurantee ie 1 million with $250k to first then they make that as rake also.

They are fast in paying out and sending cheques, now they have it so you can keep your money in your account (they also a partnered with fanball so can use there too) Believe it or not just a few years ago they would only send cheques even if you knew you were just gonna play the following season/sport.

6 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Maybe this isn't the correct spot for this, but can anyone rec a good site for best balls??

nfbc

• Thanks 1