Bigrosco

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

Posted (edited)

In a 10 team Yahoo H2H league, our schedule came out. We play 5 weeks in the regular season and somehow I play one team twice in 5 weeks.  How does that happen?

Edited by Crusaderfan

In all the years I have played fantasy sports, this is the first time I have had to use autodraft. CBS roto slow draft (2 hrs per pick). Will need to be on autodraft for about 10 hrs on day 2. Should I pre-rank my players in one list or by position? Any other tips for autodrafting? I know this season is going to be more luck than ever before but is this going to be a disaster?

Thanks

I would say one list, but bunch what you consider premium positions.

2 hours ago, Crusaderfan said:

In a 10 team Yahoo H2H league, our schedule came out. We play 5 weeks in the regular season and somehow I play one team twice in 5 weeks.  How does that happen?

I am also in a 10 team h2h league in yahoo. You probably have to tweak your settings. We usually skip the last week of the season and have 6 teams that make the playoffs. To get an additional two weeks in the regular season you need to change it so 4 teams make the playoffs and the last week of the finals ends on september 27th and not on the 20th.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crusaderfan said:

Have teh commish go in and change the settings like Picard56 said.  If that doesn't work because the draft is finalized and some settings are now locked, send Yahoo a problem needed to be fixed thing. 

Have fun finding out how.  I keep explaining the horrible breadcrumb trail to follow to get to their problem submission area each year here.  I should just make a document of it some year and save it to copy and paste.  Hope your commish knows how and can read fine print and click on things that don't actually look like links.

Too bad you guys just didn't switch to roto for this season only.  That would make all of this easy as pie.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 8:18 PM, Theoneupper said:

On CBS you can add any player to IL and pick up another player. Did i mess up the commish settings? Or is this how it always is. Don't want it to get abused by league mates. 

I'm actually experiencing the same thing, this is our first year using the IL spot. We also have a "minor league" spot which is also allowing teams to put non minor league players there. Any update here? Were you able to change any settings to fix this?

On 7/9/2020 at 11:03 PM, Heretic said:

You must have borked a setting.

In my CBS league (which I do NOT commish) we can ONLY add players to IL if they're rocking the IL designation.  Like so

image.png.e49bd40adea0b11da8bd9eedef76fc16.png

Are you sure about this? Only because I have scoured the commish options and I can't find anything that impedes the ability to just put anyone in that spot. If you have any information that could help me it would be appreciated, thanks.

1 hour ago, treyjuice said:

I'm actually experiencing the same thing, this is our first year using the IL spot. We also have a "minor league" spot which is also allowing teams to put non minor league players there. Any update here? Were you able to change any settings to fix this?

Are you sure about this? Only because I have scoured the commish options and I can't find anything that impedes the ability to just put anyone in that spot. If you have any information that could help me it would be appreciated, thanks.

In my league, you cannot even move a non IL player into the slot.  In the first cap, Dan Hudson is activated to move, notice the IL slot is NOT open.

image.thumb.png.426a1ae16cbefe5deff30e82b73cb097.png

• Thanks 1

If I go to move Neris, the slot opens up

but I cannot seem to slot in another screen capture

3 hours ago, treyjuice said:

Go to your League Details tab from the League tab on home page (upper left spot)...When there click the red commish tab on the upper right from the TRANSACTION SETTINGS area (just a little ways down that page on left side. Scroll down a tad and you will see a box under the Lineup Deadline tab and simply check next to line that reads "Only allow players who are on the IL into "Injured" status"...that will correct your issue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, treyjuice said:

St Steven answered it up top if you’re still in need. Sorry I didn’t see earlier! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

yahoo what a joke

The reason?  If you are talking about the weird platform that would actually let you IL a player not on the IL list that is CBS.  No way no how Yahoo allows that.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

19 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

The reason?  If you are talking about the weird platform that would actually let you IL a player not on the IL list that is CBS.  No way no how Yahoo allows that.

Thats just a settings issue. At least they have guys on the IL that should be. I've got half the teams in my league with roster issues now b/c Yahoo took the IL tag away from most of the Covid players that are on the official IL. Now half the teams in my league cant make roster moves or trade offers b/c they have non eligible IL players (according to yahoo) in their IL spots.

10 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Thats just a settings issue. At least they have guys on the IL that should be. I've got half the teams in my league with roster issues now b/c Yahoo took the IL tag away from most of the Covid players that are on the official IL. Now half the teams in my league cant make roster moves or trade offers b/c they have non eligible IL players (according to yahoo) in their IL spots.

Per usual you need to wait until the team itself puts him on IL. While a lot of surrounding circumstances have changed this aspect of Y! will not nor will it ever.

10 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Per usual you need to wait until the team itself puts him on IL. While a lot of surrounding circumstances have changed this aspect of Y! will not nor will it ever.

All of the players are on the the teams IL. I just checked the Braves official website it has Freddie Freeman on the IL. I am unaware of two official ILs. Yahoo does not have IL tag now for Freeman. This is the case for 5-10 other players. Yahoo said its a service provider issue. Yeah well then tell them to fix it. Its been over a week now that this issue has been going on.

14 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

All of the players are on the the teams IL. I just checked the Braves official website it has Freddie Freeman on the IL. I am unaware of two official ILs. Yahoo does not have IL tag now for Freeman. This is the case for 5-10 other players. Yahoo said its a service provider issue. Yeah well then tell them to fix it. Its been over a week now that this issue has been going on.

Indeed - Freeman, Sano, LeMahieu, Astudillo, Salvador Perez, Will Smith (ATL) and Daniel Norris are all officially on the IL, but are not IL eligible on Yahoo

Yet Moncada, Teheran and Brandon Marsh are IL eligible. And let's not forget pitcher Ohtani, who isn't even officially on the IL, but remains IL eligible.

A service provider "issue"? More like service provider incompetency.

• Like 1

If I had to guess they'll tighten this crap up fairly quickly. If they don't  it will be a disaster for Y! PR-wise,

7 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Go to your League Details tab from the League tab on home page (upper left spot)...When there click the red commish tab on the upper right from the TRANSACTION SETTINGS area (just a little ways down that page on left side. Scroll down a tad and you will see a box under the Lineup Deadline tab and simply check next to line that reads "Only allow players who are on the IL into "Injured" status"...that will correct your issue

Thanks that did it. I never used the league details page to make commish level changes, I would always just use the commish link from the homepage so thank you for the insight. 

5 hours ago, Dark One said:

Indeed - Freeman, Sano, LeMahieu, Astudillo, Salvador Perez, Will Smith (ATL) and Daniel Norris are all officially on the IL, but are not IL eligible on Yahoo

Yet Moncada, Teheran and Brandon Marsh are IL eligible. And let's not forget pitcher Ohtani, who isn't even officially on the IL, but remains IL eligible.

It was already explained above by Yahoo's BigCat that IL moves were are made by their data provider.  That data provider is also sub-contracted by ESPN as well which has the same problem.

6 hours ago, Dark One said:

Yep , this. Embarrassing 

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It was already explained above by Yahoo's BigCat that IL moves were are made by their data provider.  That data provider is also sub-contracted by ESPN as well which has the same problem.

Yeah but that's not an excuse. We are not the customer of the service provider.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Now half the teams in my league cant make roster moves or trade offers b/c they have non eligible IL players (according to yahoo) in their IL spots.

Simple solution Have the owners of those said players make the designated moves to make the roster right. 

9 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Simple solution Have the owners of those said players make the designated moves to make the roster right. 

The simple solution is for Yahoo to fix the issue. You're solution is a band aid that creates a bigger problem of refunding FAAB money and/or freezing players pickups on those players first claimed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No need for the proverbial "read before posting" criticism as I'm well aware (and have been for years). It's why I stated it's "a service provider" issue/incompetency and not a "Yahoo" issue/incompetency.

1 hour ago, Dark One said:

No need for the proverbial "read before posting" criticism as I'm well aware (and have been for years). It's why I stated it's "a service provider" issue/incompetency and not a "Yahoo" issue/incompetency.

If Yahoo has the ability to manually put Ohtani on the IL they have the ability to manually put other players on the IL. Blaming this on a service provider is such a cop out.