Bigrosco

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

The Yahoo IL thing is a big issue. With such a short season and so many guys likely to test positive, they better get it figured out quick. The COVID 19 designation is pointless unless they plan on adding a COVID roster spot. 

On 7/17/2020 at 9:18 AM, Short Porch said:

I commish a league in CBS with minor league propsect slots.  Many of the players in these slots have been invited to summer camp by their respective teams and as a result have lost their minor league roster slot designation on CBS.  As a result of this it is creating illegal lineups on CBS for pretty much every team.  So I have a few questions:

1.  Does anyone know when the 30 man rosters have to be finalized prior to the start of the regular season?

2.  Does a player who does not make the 30 man roster return to the minor leagues.  For example, I have Deivi Garcia and he is not going to make the Yankees roster at the start of the season.  He has lost his CBS minor league designation.  Will we get it back immediately on CBS if he does not make the team?

I am concerned that CBS will not count stats with all of these teams with illegal lineups.

Curious about this as well. We have 2 Minor league spots in CBS league I would like to utilize with Jo Adell and Spencer Howard but neither show the m indication like Nate Pearson currently carries. Hope they are both updated in the next day or two so I can hit the waivers prior to season start. 

1 hour ago, Short Porch said:

Asinine.  Totally useless.  Yeah, we know they have covid-19.  Why aren't they given IL status.

Case in point:  

07/14/20 Boston Red Sox placed LHP Eduardo Rodriguez on the 10-day injured list.

Why is Rodriguez not IL eligible on Yahoo?

You are better off if they don't announce they have Covid as Mazara who we presume has it got the IL tag.

2 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

The Yahoo IL thing is a big issue. With such a short season and so many guys likely to test positive, they better get it figured out quick. The COVID 19 designation is pointless unless they plan on adding a COVID roster spot. 

According to the Customer Care they will all be IL eligible once their "engineers" fix the issue. There is no reason to differentiate between Covid and non-Covid here. Its either IL or not IL.  I've never seen Yahoo put "Hamstring pull" next to any players name before putting him on the IL. They just do some really stupid things every year.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

According to the Customer Care they will all be IL eligible once their "engineers" fix the issue. There is no reason to differentiate between Covid and non-Covid here. Its either IL or not IL.  I've never seen Yahoo put "Hamstring pull" next to any players name before putting him on the IL. They just do some really stupid things every year.

Fixed... today I hope? Season starts tomorrow? Did they get the memo?

2 hours ago, DaGreatest said:

Problem is fixed. COVID players can be placed on IL for now, at least lol.

Thanks.  I too had placed in a problem order thingie about this to them as well.  They never got back to me but I'll take a fix instead.

Posted (edited)

It's frustrating as a commish to not be able to offer more than 5 IL slots this season on Yahoo. We could see a team fill all those up with covid players alone. They need to increase that number, and I'm really surprised they haven't yet. 

Edited by Flyman75

On 7/21/2020 at 8:36 PM, Beakman said:

Anyone else having message board issues on Yahoo?

Owners are posting, yet their messages are not appearing.  Also, curse words are now auto-censored.  Thanks, Obama.

What does this have to do with Obama? 😅

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 1:00 AM, Rabbit Maranville said:

Anyone happen to know what time ESPN has been processing waivers overnight? It used to be 4:30 ET/1:30 PT pretty much on the dot, but last season it seemed to fluctuate. 

Waiver processing time is designated and set by the commissioner of the your specific league. Mine is at 11pm.  

Anyone got any ideas on how to get Yahoo to finally make a 2 week fantasy championship possible?  lol  Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to add in as an option, and have seen so many tweet or write on their message boards requesting it, yet nothing.  Pretty frustrating..... 

1 hour ago, enyouartist said:

Waiver processing time is designated and set by the commissioner of the your specific league. Mine is at 11pm.  

ESPN leagues do not have the choice of when to set when waivers clear. You must be thinking of another format. They clear usually around 4:30 - 5:00 ET.

CBS is disappointing me with the players that have been optioned to the alternate training site.  For example, Gavin Lux and Jordan Montgomery are no longer on their respective rosters.  Therefore, they should have minor league roster status so they can be placed in the minor league roster slots on CBS.

^^^ agreed. Had to drop Jo Adell for this same reason. Lot's of "Minor Leaguers" in this situation that are not carrying the m (minors) tag in CBS. Makes for some tougher than needed roster decisions.  

4 hours ago, Short Porch said:

CBS is disappointing me with the players that have been optioned to the alternate training site.  For example, Gavin Lux and Jordan Montgomery are no longer on their respective rosters.  Therefore, they should have minor league roster status so they can be placed in the minor league roster slots on CBS.

They had NA status almost immediately on Yahoo.  All these platforms are going crazy at one moment or the other this last week.

5 hours ago, Short Porch said:

According the CBS FAQ, these players should have Minors status. What is taking them so long? CBS used to have a fairly responsive Twitter account, but that seems to have been left to die. Is there any other way to contact their fantasy help outside of the slow-to-respond email form through the site?

Yahoo giving the players with COVID a chance to be put on the DL is a bad idea IMO...  They aren't on the DL on the pro team, why do that here?

2 hours ago, posty said:

Yahoo giving the players with COVID a chance to be put on the DL is a bad idea IMO...  They aren't on the DL on the pro team, why do that here?

They are on the IL.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

They are on the IL.

Must be something new, because they weren't being placed on the DL before...

11 minutes ago, posty said:

Must be something new, because they weren't being placed on the DL before...

They were all placed on the IL. Yahoo never changed it. They had issues with their service provider. All explained in the thread.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, posty said:

They are officially on MLB's IL so they should be on Yahoo.

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They are officially on MLB's IL so they should be on Yahoo.

I agree as I have always been a stickler for it...  They just weren't on the DL at the time and I must have missed the part where they said that they would be placed on the DL...

All is good now...

12 minutes ago, posty said:

I agree as I have always been a stickler for it...  They just weren't on the DL at the time and I must have missed the part where they said that they would be placed on the DL...

All is good now...

Im not sure which players you are talking about that were placed on the IL prematurely but there were 20+ guys that were not IL eligible on Yahoo that were officially on the MLB IL. All is good now as you said, however, still don't know why yahoo has to distinguish between Covid injuries and non-Covid.

I asked Yahoo why they need to have a special designation for Covid players and this was there response. "We decided to create a specific COVID-19 designation so teams have more clarity when managing their roster." MLB transactions don't list an injury for Covid as per the privacy agreement, so Yahoo has taken it upon themselves to make sure we know who has Covid even though most of us could care less what it displays next to a players name as long as they can be placed on the IL. Just another case of Yahoo wasting their time on something no one requested. 

• Like 1

Surprised you actually got a response...