TonyRomo

Breshad Perriman 2019 Outlook

Bruh how is there no thread for him? I doubted him this week, but if we make it to championship week, he will in a lot of championship lineups. Winston is hot and Perriman looks like a favorite of his post-Mike Evans.

Edited by TonyRomo

I stashed him and watson in my dynasty hoping one of them will pan out... I was hoping watson more because I feel he has more of a chance of having future value. Perriman could be a JAG with the right opportunity 

I’m tentatively planning to pick this guy up and start him in the championship over Kupp and Thielen. 

With Evans and Godwin both out, Perriman could feast in a good matchup. At the very least, he’ll see a mountain of targets. 

This is a difficult proposition for championship week because we’ve watched Perriman be a complete turd for his entire career but this seems too good to pass up. 

• Like 2

He can catch and he will be the lead dog against the texans who are going to put up points. He should see 10 targets minimum next week. 

Davante Parker just called and to say give this guy a chance. Statement was "No way he has been a bigger turd then I have and look at my production"

He should be number 1nWW pick up this week. Boone a close second but those waters are still a bit muddy. 

Edited by Duckbutter
spelling

You dont pick him up to play unless u are desperate, u pick him up to block your opponent.😂

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You dont pick him up to play unless u are desperate, u pick him up to block your opponent.😂

Why not? If Godwin and Evans were healthy, I’d agree don’t chase the TDs... but they’re not. Perriman just became the default #1 option in one of the best passing offenses in the league, and he has a great matchup. He’s a top 20 play at WR.  

Also, when you consider the injury carnage at WR over the last two weeks, many Championship teams have a hole to fill.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Why not? If Godwin and Evans were healthy, I’d agree don’t chase the TDs... but they’re not. Perriman just became the default #1 option in one of the best passing offenses in the league, and he has a great matchup. He’s a top 20 play at WR.  

Also, when you consider the injury carnage at WR over the last two weeks, many Championship teams have a hole to fill.

I wouldnt assume perriman becomes the #1 option in the passing game next week. 

Which is why I said you play him if your team is desperate. TB can easily roll out a gameplan where they feed the rb's and TE keeping it short to intermediate passing. 

But against the Texans, Winston may have to make more use in the passing game of tight ends O.J. Howard and Cameron Brate as well as running backs Ronald Jones and Peyton Barber.

“I think it was 11 guys that touched it," Arians said. “We’re doing a really good job of finding backs, underneath stuff, not just forcing it down the field. When it’s there, take it. If not, the backs are very capable of making a lot of yards for you. That’s something we’ll have to really look into. Who’s available, what to do in this game plan on a short week."

Main thing is Winston continues to pass a lot. Of course Perriman won't get 18 targets but I'm happy if he gets the same role as last week and maybe a couple targets extra.

This is a perfect reason why I hate fantasy football sometimes...

We play all season and now Breshad Perriman could be the guy that decides fantasy football Championships lol....

Amazing.  If you can get him I think you have to have him in your lineup.  At the very least get him and keep him away from your opponents.

2 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

We play all season and now Breshad Perriman could be the guy that decides fantasy football Championships lol....

Amazing.  If you can get him I think you have to have him in your lineup.  At the very least get him and keep him away from your opponents.

Which means you also hate the NFL sometimes. . .😂

Fantasy is just a derivative game based off of what happens on the field of an NFL game

Honestly I like Perriman better with Godwin on the field to draw safety help.  The Bucs run game isn’t going to scare anyone so I’d expect objective number one for the defense to be taking away the deep passing game.  Still, volume is key in PPR, and Perriman should have enough of it to justify the start.  

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

That’s a reason to love it.  It’s probably most of your other key players who will decide the outcome. But when you grab a guy off waivers who turns out to be fantasy gold (like Anthony Miller a few weeks ago), that’s the rush that keeps me coming back.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Mike Evans owners picked him up last week, started him, and got like 30 points out of it.  I don’t see the desperation angle here.  What team is more pass-happy than Tampa Bay?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Mike Evans owners picked him up last week, started him, and got like 30 points out of it.  I don’t see the desperation angle here.  What team is more pass-happy than Tampa Bay?

Stop it with the bad process! 🤣 

Mike Evans owners who picked him up and started him were desperate because the conventional wisdom was that Godwin would feast and that OJ would get more production. No one had a remote clue that Perriman would produce within the context of a big Mike Evans performance.

Perriman was a flyer if he was inserted into a lineup.😂

Edited by dashoe

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Mike Evans owners who picked him up and started him were desperate because the conventional wisdom was that Godwin would feast and that OJ would get more production. Perriman was a flyer if he was inserted into a lineup.

He was solid in Weeks 13 & 14, before the Week 15 blowup.  I know that factored into my decision to start him.

Not to mention what seems like an obscene amount of WR2 types going down this year.  

Bottom line - Perriman is now a must-start option given the circumstances.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

He was solid in Weeks 13 & 14, before the Week 15 blowup.  I know that factored into my decision to start him.

Not to mention what seems like an obscene amount of WR2 types going down this year.  

Bottom line - Perriman is now a must-start option given the circumstances.  

Same. Watch the games and you'll see Perriman was getting targeted even when Evans was still healthy. Thrusted into a starting role against an awful team it wasn't a hard decision to play the man. I'm glad I did

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Mike Evans owners who picked him up and started him were desperate because the conventional wisdom was that Godwin would feast and that OJ would get more production. No one had a remote clue that Perriman would produce within the context of a big Mike Evans performance.

Perriman was a flyer if he was inserted into a lineup.😂

Yeah i'm sorry but you're just dead wrong here. Evans goes down, so defense focuses more on Godwin and because of that I expected Perriman to give me 15 points at least.

Obviously there was a need but I was not desperate he had the best outlook on my bench and here we are in the ship. 

• Like 1

Anyone else here with the Winston/perriman stack? Tampa plays the first game of the week (Saturday morning) so we’ll know our fate early welp 

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

It was Robby Anderson last year

with the big 2 down and out he gets a ton more targets. that's a plus, as is the matchup against a banged up secondary. Howerver I'm worried about the fact that he'll also now get ALL of the attention of the secondary. does a team having a week to gameplan for him as the only experienced WR vs him moving to WR1 due to a mid-game injury make a difference? That's one of the things that gives me pause about thinking of him as a top-20 WR. The other is that he's Breshad Perriman.