TonyRomo

Breshad Perriman 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Stop it with the bad process! 🤣 

Mike Evans owners who picked him up and started him were desperate because the conventional wisdom was that Godwin would feast and that OJ would get more production. No one had a remote clue that Perriman would produce within the context of a big Mike Evans performance.

Perriman was a flyer if he was inserted into a lineup.😂

As other have stated, this is incorrect. He had been trending upwards for several games, and there were a lot of signs that he would be productive in an incredible matchup.

Just because your process didn’t identify him as a good start, doesn’t mean your process was better than others’ who did.  And if you still think he’s a desperation play as stated above, your process is probably wrong... again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, yossarian said:

with the big 2 down and out he gets a ton more targets. that's a plus, as is the matchup against a banged up secondary. Howerver I'm worried about the fact that he'll also now get ALL of the attention of the secondary. does a team having a week to gameplan for him as the only experienced WR vs him moving to WR1 due to a mid-game injury make a difference? That's one of the things that gives me pause about thinking of him as a top-20 WR. The other is that he's Breshad Perriman. 

All very valid... Im picking him up just to block my opp since i have jameis and his team could use a flex. I dont need him as my wr/flex options will be k allen, sanders, aj brown, parker and him. I would start if my other players have solid floors and im looking for the upside of targets which you would think he sees a minimum of 8 and there isnt many consensus options better than him on my team. Houston isnt very good defensively but they have some corners and safeties that can perform very solid on any given day, they mostly dont though. Hopefully TB blocks well enough to give winston some time, i dont know how the front of houston is but he had all day against detroit which allowed him time to find those no namers.

• Like 4

Do we think Perriman can fill in Godwin / Evans shoes? Surely he's no where near their level of play but he should be getting targets. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed CSB/AC content.

2 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

All very valid... Im picking him up just to block my opp since i have jameis and his team could use a flex. I dont need him as my wr/flex options will be k allen, sanders, aj brown, parker and him. I would start if my other players have solid floors and im looking for the upside of targets which you would think he sees a minimum of 8 and there isnt many consensus options better than him on my team. Houston isnt very good defensively but they have some corners and safeties that can perform very solid on any given day, they mostly dont though. Hopefully TB blocks well enough to give winston some time, i dont know how the front of houston is but he had all day against detroit which allowed him time to find those no namers.

That's could be a league winning move IMO

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Where are your posts before the game? Oh wait a second this thread was STARTED AFTER the game!  What were your other wr options?

This rotoworld forums where we even create speculation threads for KICKERS  🤣 and now everyone is coming in saying they KNEW Perriman was a great play. . . Go sell a bridge to someone else I'm not buying!

I actually have Perriman in a leaue where i lost Evans but I played Slayton not Perriman, it was a pure why not stash but nothing I felt confident in and I can admit that. if i inserted him it would have been a pure desperation or wtf why not play. 😂

IDK just because he didn’t have a thread prior to when the game started he was a desperation play? I mean how people didn’t know he was a good play is beyond me. He was literally listed on all pick up lists throughout fantasy as a good play for the week against a crap Lions. Was even touted right here in the week 15 waiver wire thread. His ownership went up this passed week, prior to game start, so obviously there were many people who thought he was a good play or pick up. I picked him up more as a block from an opponent. Road with my Kupp instead. This upcoming week I’ll most likely start him over Kupp. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tomy said:

He will be WR1 so with a CB1... always good production against CB1??

I don't think Houston has a CB1, their passing defense has been awful lately, this is a dream matchup.

In the last three weeks, TB has 384.7 passing yards per game and Houston has given up 291 per game.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Without Watt, they're getting very little pressure. Everyone knew Tannehill was gonna throw to A.J. and he still torched them. Their secondary is awful right now. Should be a shoot out, which is very tempting in the finals. 

Just a heads up for this game, current predictions show 18 mph winds and possibly rain on Saturday morning. Could effect a deep threat like Perriman.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

Just a heads up for this game, current predictions show 18 mph winds and possibly rain on Saturday morning. Could effect a deep threat like Perriman.

Winston's career-high 458 passing yards Sunday went through the hands of 11 different pass-catchers. That was actually the highest possible number of targets available to Winston, excluding any trick plays in which a usually ineligible player, like Vita Vea, is declared eligible. The Buccaneers kept five receivers, three tight ends and three running backs active on Sunday and all of them caught at least one pass.

Running backs Ronald Jones, Peyton Barber and Dare Ogunbowale combined for 52 yards on four catches.

"I think we’re doing a really good job of finding backs underneath stuff now, not just forcing it down the field – when it’s there take it," said Arians. "If not, the backs are very capable of making a lot of yards for you. That’s something we have to really look into, who’s available, what to do in this game plan on a short week."

Indeed, the Buccaneers may need to get a bunch of backs and tight ends involved next week against Houston if the injury report doesn't take a turn for the better. That was part of the reason for last Sunday's wide range of targets – Miller and Godwin both left with hamstring injuries and tight end Tanner Hudson came out of the game to be evaluated for a concussion. Among those who subsequently caught passes was rookie Ishmael Hyman, who was only promoted from the practice squad earlier in the week.

"In the second half, we started using the tight ends and back and stuff – whoever’s available," said Arians. "Again, for me I thought the coaches did a good job of not asking somebody to do something they can’t do just because Mike or Chris did. Put them in a situation to be successful and I think we did that."

The question about Perriman this week is his floor. We all know what kind of upside he can bring in this offense. I can definitely see Winston spreading the ball more around to his TE’s and RBs. But you gotta think Perriman will still get a good chunk of targets despite this given the Texans poor D, likely shootout and the Bucs inability to run the ball. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

rain and winds up to 20 mph forecast for Saturday afternoon, as of right now. 

dunno how much it's gonna matter wif Crabby's propensity for 40+ chucks on the reg, and no discernable running game consistency, but ... there ya go 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Crash08 said:

The question about Perriman this week is his floor. We all know what kind of upside he can bring in this offense. I can definitely see Winston spreading the ball more around to his TE’s and RBs. But you gotta think Perriman will still get a good chunk of targets despite this. [...]

One observation is most lists still got Jameis ranked very high, usually top 6 for this week. This is a good sign for Perriman. He's also very fast and Texans secondary gets mauled week in and week out. OJ Howard sucks and so do their RBs, it's going to be hard to check down all the time against the possible Watson Hopkins Fuller explosion on the other end. My concern is that Perriman suffers the Tyler Boyd / Calvin Ridley effect, where they underperform as their team's WR1 but ball out whenever the attention is on a true WR1. Texans however don't have a lockdown CB, but if they double Perriman, I can see a justin watson game where Perriman floor decoy low. Ultiamtely I think he's a solid WR2 this week in a shootout and I'm starting Perriman over the likes of Slayton, John brown (vs NE), Montgomery (Unreliable) etc. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed response to AC content.

Lol who would have ever thought at the beginning of the year that we'd be talking about double coverage for Breshad Perriman

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

rain and winds up to 20 mph forecast for Saturday afternoon, as of right now. 

dunno how much it's gonna matter wif Crabby's propensity for 40+ chucks on the reg, and no discernable running game consistency, but ... there ya go 🤷‍♂️

First it is Wednesday but this is inaccurate. They play at 12 noon. I checked 3 different places for 33607 weather.

At 12 it will be like a 15% chance of rain with 15 mph winds at like 60 degrees. I wish the wind was a tad lower, but the rain is coming at night. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

First it is Wednesday 

thanks.  i really had no idea 🙋‍♂️ ... i honestly thought Saturday was today.  go figger. 

btw, yeah, rain and 10-20 mph is forecast, AS OF NOW ... when i say "AS OF NOW" how the eff do you ascertain that i don't understand that it's Wednesday?

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

thanks.  i really had no idea 🙋‍♂️ ... i honestly thought Saturday was today.  go figger. 

btw, yeah, rain and 10-20 mph is forecast, AS OF NOW ... when i say "AS OF NOW" how the eff do you ascertain that i don't understand that it's Wednesday?

Wait, it's Wednesday?

tenor.gif?itemid=14620918

• Haha 2

The good news is that even an in his prime Darrel Revis wouldn't stop Winston from just chucking the ball down the field and hope for the best. So Im not sure it matters who the corner is on Perriman, the ball is coming. 

The best part about Winston is early turnovers which helps the other team get up to an early lead forcing him to pass more often. He is perfect for FF. Hell we'd always start a QB if we knew they would be down 14-0 to start the game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Not to get into a flame war, but your post was insinuating that weather will be a factor, but decided look at the entire day forecast and not during the actual game. Plus the rain keeps getting pushed back because if you didnt know its Wednesday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, tekashi26ix said:

One observation is most lists still got Jameis ranked very high, usually top 6 for this week. This is a good sign for Perriman. He's also very fast and Texans secondary gets mauled week in and week out. OJ Howard sucks and so do their RBs, it's going to be hard to check down all the time against the possible Watson Hopkins Fuller explosion on the other end. My concern is that Perriman suffers the Tyler Boyd / Calvin Ridley effect, where they underperform as their team's WR1 but ball out whenever the attention is on a true WR1. Texans however don't have a lockdown CB, but if they double Perriman, I can see a justin watson game where Perriman floor decoy low. Ultiamtely I think he's a solid WR2 this week in a shootout and I'm starting Perriman over the likes of Slayton, John brown (vs NE), Montgomery (Unreliable) etc. [...]

Originally picked him up to block my opponent, but now have him locked in over Slayton.
Love the stack with Jameis!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Not to get into a flame war, but your post was insinuating that weather will be a factor, but decided look at the entire day forecast and not during the actual game. Plus the rain keeps getting pushed back because if you didnt know its Wednesday.

i've been on CBS for 18 seasons, and i've never seen a forecast of TONS OF RAIN - not heavy .... not pouring ... not showers ... not T-Storms ... but, TONS OF RAIN. 

YyEonJj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Haha 2

Calling it now, this guy will break hearts this weekend. And this is not a reaction from not owning him, I didn’t put in a claim I think he will be a big bust this weekend, and wanted my opponent to take that risk. 

Edited by Nyblazer11235

10 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Calling it now, this guy will break hearts this weekend. And this is not a reaction from not owning him, I didn’t put in a claim I think he will be a big bust this weekend, and wanted my opponent to take that risk. 

one would be a cotdamn foo' to start him if that weather is as nasty as predicted. 

/fin. 

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

one would be a cotdamn foo' to start him if that weather is as nasty as predicted. 

/fin. 

do we apply this to Watson and Hopkins too?

Just now, copazetik said:

do we apply this to Watson and Hopkins too?

if this holds ...

32 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

YyEonJj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

... you tell me 🤷‍♂️