TonyRomo

Breshad Perriman 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, copazetik said:

do we apply this to Watson and Hopkins too?

Id lower the ceiling for Hopkins... But he is Nuk... Unlike Perriman, who is pretty much a WR bust until last week

22 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

one would be a cotdamn foo' to start him if that weather is as nasty as predicted. 

/fin. 

even without the threat of bad weather. I just think all this talk of him being a must start wr1 type is outlandish. Maybe I’m wrong, I just feel like last week was a fluke, and his ceiling to me is something like 5-80-1 which is solid, but I think more realistically he ends up somewhere 4-50-0. 

Everyone is acting like he’s this automatic go to now and will just take all the Godwin and Evans targets, forgetting Winston has Brate, Howard, Watson and possibly miller to still spread it around to.

He’s like a poor mans Marvin Jones imo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

even without the threat of bad weather. I just think all this talk of him being a must start wr1 type is outlandish. Maybe I’m wrong, I just feel like last week was a fluke, and his ceiling to me is something like 5-80-1 which is solid, but I think more realistically he ends up somewhere 4-50-0. 

Everyone is acting like he’s this automatic go to now and will just take all the Godwin and Evans targets, forgetting Winston has Brate, Howard, Watson and possibly miller to still spread it around to.

He’s like a poor mans Marvin Jones imo. 

that's a pretty fair take 👍

look, i dogged the kid last week, and he certainly proved me wrong - now, had he lived up to his historic non catch rate (46%, lowest of this decade for all qualifying WRs), then he woulda dropped two of those TDs last week 😄

... but he didn't, so, kudos to the young man, and to all who had the sack to gamble in the semis ✌

but i won't touch him this week: "if ya didn't go to the wedding, don't go to the funeral"

gl to all taking the plunge ... oh, and bring an umbrella, and some galoshes for the kiddies, why don'tcha 🌧

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

if this holds ...

... you tell me 🤷‍♂️

Man. I'll have to go down with the ship (Watson/Hopkins) in that case, weatherman be damned lol. Just won claim for Breshad, but leaning to sit for Kirk, Robby or DK... My Lockett & DK vs his Russ, high drama...

6 targets, 3 TD's is eye poppin', then again SOMEBODY'S getting more action w/Godwin out.... and I vote Ronald Jones > Breshad.

I yield my time.

1 minute ago, copazetik said:

Man. I'll have to go down with the ship (Watson/Hopkins) in that case, weatherman be damned lol. Just won claim for Breshad, but leaning to sit for Kirk, Robby or DK... My Lockett & DK vs his Russ, high drama...

6 targets, 3 TD's is eye poppin', then again SOMEBODY'S getting more action w/Godwin out.... and I vote Ronald Jones > Breshad.

I yield my time.

welp, it's Toisday morning, and forecast could most certainly change - early winter Florida weather is an extremely fickle bisch, ya know?

the reason i posted that CBS blurb about the weather was because i had never seen that phrasing on the platform, and to clap back at the kid who was tongue wagging about me not knowing 1) what day it was, and 2) the proper forecast. 

upshot to all this is that it is the first game of 'chip week, so any contingency can be applied much easier than if it were a late Sunday or a Monday night game. 

gl!

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

This guy is a must start right?

I don't trust him as a must start but i'm also currently not trusting Daks arm to pass the ball to Amari so maybe Perriman is looking better to me 😂

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

one would be a cotdamn foo' to start him if that weather is as nasty as predicted. 

/fin. 

Are you searching Houston weather? There is now looking to be no rain at all and I would bet it turns out to be at most a cloudy day with 60 degree weather with max 5 mph winds. Weather is not a factor, but remember it is Thursday. 

5 hours ago, Szer0 said:

Id lower the ceiling for Hopkins... But he is Nuk... Unlike Perriman, who is pretty much a WR bust until last week

Hes had 3 straight double digit full ppr performances. Now he plays Houston in perfect weather and they are only 900 yards aways from breaking the nfl passing record and they WANT that record. Houston will score and even if they don't they will give it to Winston who will throw at least 40 times. He will get at least 8 targets. 

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i've been on CBS for 18 seasons, and i've never seen a forecast of TONS OF RAIN - not heavy .... not pouring ... not showers ... not T-Storms ... but, TONS OF RAIN. 

YyEonJj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

@nmartinez12443

dude, seriously?

this is what i'm sourcing ... if you disagree, cool. 

let it friggin' go, man

Guys, when weather.com won't even get that far in advance, we need to just check closer to game time. No one needs to lock their lineup in today. This is the first game, so you can literally check it Saturday morning and make your decision then. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i've been on CBS for 18 seasons, and i've never seen a forecast of TONS OF RAIN - not heavy .... not pouring ... not showers ... not T-Storms ... but, TONS OF RAIN. 

YyEonJj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I usually use this site, and it think it will only start getting cloudy towards the end of the game.

I wouldn't be too concerned.
http://www.nflweather.com/en/game/2019/week-16/texans-at-buccaneers

35 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Hes had 3 straight double digit full ppr performances. Now he plays Houston in perfect weather and they are only 900 yards aways from breaking the nfl passing record and they WANT that record. Houston will score and even if they don't they will give it to Winston who will throw at least 40 times. He will get at least 8 targets. 

Double digit PPR performances are a dime a dozen...it is full PPR after all.

19 minutes ago, afl5013 said:

Guys, when weather.com won't even get that far in advance, we need to just check closer to game time. No one needs to lock their lineup in today. This is the first game, so you can literally check it Saturday morning and make your decision then. 

Exactly. No point checking the weather today when you can do it an hour before kickoff. As you said its literally the first game of the week. It's not like you have to decide between Perriman or a TNF option 

20 minutes ago, Roto4500 said:

Double digit PPR performances are a dime a dozen...it is full PPR after all.

True, but you ignore all the contents of the post. He is the #1 guy, playing for a qb who will throw 40 times, with no run game, losing they will throw, winning they will throw until late, Houston isn't that great at def bottom 5 pass defense who don't pressure or get many ints, weather is not a factor, they want to get 900 more the all time record and only have 2 games to do it.

However, I am nervous that he has never been the dude and has struggled with drops in the past. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

However, I am nervous that he has never been the dude and has struggled with drops in the past. 

In all fairness his QB was Flacco

36 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Exactly. No point checking the weather today when you can do it an hour before kickoff. As you said its literally the first game of the week. It's not like you have to decide between Perriman or a TNF option 

yeah, i already said similar earlier this morning, about contingency being a breeze 'cause of it being the initial tilt of 'chip week. 

but where the forecast came into play was for waiver runs ... both Boone and Perriman were out there on a ton of wires (Boone prolly on all of 'em, Perriman was still only 14% owned).  hell, DWash might've also been put back out there 🤷‍♂️

so, for those who had top choice in waivers, or major FAAB coin to burn, yeah, the long(er) range forcast was of utmost importance - inasmuch that if the weather down there is indeed gonna be as chit as they say, well ... why bother with this cat when you could snag either of the RBs instead. 

ergo, repercussions were felt four days prior to the actual game ... capisce? 🇮🇹

• Like 1

I don't see weather being a factor.

I see Perriman getting 6-100-1.

Winston will throw for minimum of 300 yds if not 400 yds.