TonyRomo

Breshad Perriman 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

While you should probably temper expectations on this guy for this week I don't see why people are looking into his past stats.  He is now the #1/1A target for the QB with the most passing yards and second most TD passes in the league.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FFNewb said:

Question for all: Did you pick him up to play or a bench stash?

 

I had Godwin in both leagues, managed to grab him in one, my 'ship opponent in the other (doh)

Flexing him over Deebo, Coleman, Juju and Hunt. Whatever happens, happens.

Edited by dropshadows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

While you should probably temper expectations on this guy for this week I don't see why people are looking into his past stats.  He is now the #1/1A target for the QB with the most passing yards and second most TD passes in the league.  

In a game that has a 53.5 O/U for a team that can't run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a must start this week.  Houston is awful at stopping passes and this guy is the default #1. He’ll get plenty of looks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a dream last night that Perriman caught a ball at the 5, made a cutback and walked right into the endzone.  I don't own him in any leagues, but it's been foretold.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I had a dream last night that Perriman caught a ball at the 5, made a cutback and walked right into the endzone.  I don't own him in any leagues, but it's been foretold.

 

Seer-Cizastro

You happen to see how many Targets / Yards he got in the vision???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I had a dream last night that Perriman caught a ball at the 5, made a cutback and walked right into the endzone.  I don't own him in any leagues, but it's been foretold.


I'm at the point of tilting where I'm actually taking this into account. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be that time of year where the stress of making the right choices for the championship weigh heavy on our subconscious ... I had a dream the other night that DJ Moore scored a TD and I was pissed cause I am playing against him and was hoping Grier would effect production.

I too am trusting the vision as my final decision maker on starting Perriman. May the visions of Cizastro come to be!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

 

Seer-Cizastro

You happen to see how many Targets / Yards he got in the vision???

 

Unfortunately that was all I remember from the dream.  It was a deep ball thrown at least 30 yards out, a great pass by Winston.  Perriman juked the defender and coasted in for an easy score. 

I also dreamt that the Raiders were up 63-17 at halftime during the 2002 Super Bowl, so take that into consideration.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not banking on Perriman. They're forecasting bad weather and Winston is far from 100%. Plus, he's just not that good of a WR. I had plenty of time to watch him under perform/whelm when he played for my Ravens. If you're desperate, it's probably worth giving him a shot, but I wouldn't get cute and start him over a clearly more talented WR like Brown or Sutton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm not banking on Perriman. They're forecasting bad weather and Winston is far from 100%. Plus, he's just not that good of a WR. I had plenty of time to watch him under perform/whelm when he played for my Ravens. If you're desperate, it's probably worth giving him a shot, but I wouldn't get cute and start him over a clearly more talented WR like Brown or Sutton. 

Supposed to be cloudy tomorrow 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm not banking on Perriman. They're forecasting bad weather 

 

... first i'm hearing of this 🤷‍♂️

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

🤠

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm not banking on Perriman. They're forecasting bad weather and Winston is far from 100%. Plus, he's just not that good of a WR. I had plenty of time to watch him under perform/whelm when he played for my Ravens. If you're desperate, it's probably worth giving him a shot, but I wouldn't get cute and start him over a clearly more talented WR like Brown or Sutton. 

 

Who was the QB for the Ravens at the time may I ask??? Nevermind....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They could be playing in a Biblical flood -- the Bucs have zero ground game and Winston is going to pass-pass-pass.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeefDaddy said:

 

Who was the QB for the Ravens at the time may I ask??? Nevermind....

 

It's your team, do what you want, but it's not like the Raven's have a bad track record of assessing young talent. It speaks volumes that a team as devoid of WR talent as the Ravens let him walk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ryedog1987 said:

Supposed to be cloudy tomorrow 

 

That's fine. Looks like the rain has moved to Sunday. Still doesn't move the needle much for me on Perriman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

That's fine. Looks like the rain has moved to Sunday. Still doesn't move the needle much for me on Perriman. 

 

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is expecting Michael Thomas here with Perriman.

 

He's a great option for those who've lost Godwin (or lost whoever). The opportunity is undeniable and that is half the battle in this game we play. If people have better options, more power to 'em!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting nugget i just happened across ...

kid is averaging 17+ air yds per target over the last month, highest of all qualifying WRs - leeg avg over that period is 8.2 

🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

 

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is expecting Michael Thomas here with Perriman.

 

He's a great option for those who've lost Godwin (or lost whoever). The opportunity is undeniable and that is half the battle in this game we play. If people have better options, more power to 'em!

 

 

Hey, it's all just a big guessing game. I'm not going to knock someone for their opinion. Go with your gut. For me, the real question is who you're starting him over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

It's your team, do what you want, but it's not like the Raven's have a bad track record of assessing young talent. It speaks volumes that a team as devoid of WR talent as the Ravens let him walk. 

 

just some context is all... sometimes players just need a change of team / talent / opportunity. He's a first rounder and runs routes Flacco couldn't throw honestly, but i do agree he hasn't lived up to expectations, all eyes on him now with big expectations...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

 

It's your team, do what you want, but it's not like the Raven's have a bad track record of assessing young talent. It speaks volumes that a team as devoid of WR talent as the Ravens let him walk. 

Who was the last even remotely notable WR the Ravens drafted within the last decade-plus, excluding 2019?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

interesting nugget i just happened across ...

kid is averaging 17+ air yds per target over the last month, highest of all qualifying WRs - leeg avg over that period is 8.2 

🤔

 

That is interesting, but I worry about his targets. I realize he's been behind Evans and/or Godwin most of the year, but even in his most productive week he was only targeted six times. And Arians has said he wants to get his TEs and RBs involved more in the passing game this week. I personally think Howard and Jones might be the real sleepers. I guess time will tell...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Who was the last even remotely notable WR the Ravens drafted within the last decade-plus, excluding 2019?!

 

The Ravens typically haven't used a high draft pick on a WR so I'm not sure that's the best gauge. Aside from Hollywood (2019) and Perriman (2015) you have to go all the way back to 2005 (Clayton).  They've hit on a very high percentage of their early round draft picks though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...