TonyRomo

Breshad Perriman 2019 Outlook

While you should probably temper expectations on this guy for this week I don't see why people are looking into his past stats.  He is now the #1/1A target for the QB with the most passing yards and second most TD passes in the league.  

14 hours ago, FFNewb said:

Question for all: Did you pick him up to play or a bench stash?

I had Godwin in both leagues, managed to grab him in one, my 'ship opponent in the other (doh)

Flexing him over Deebo, Coleman, Juju and Hunt. Whatever happens, happens.

Edited by dropshadows

40 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

While you should probably temper expectations on this guy for this week I don't see why people are looking into his past stats.  He is now the #1/1A target for the QB with the most passing yards and second most TD passes in the league.  

In a game that has a 53.5 O/U for a team that can't run

He’s a must start this week.  Houston is awful at stopping passes and this guy is the default #1. He’ll get plenty of looks. 

I had a dream last night that Perriman caught a ball at the 5, made a cutback and walked right into the endzone.  I don't own him in any leagues, but it's been foretold.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I had a dream last night that Perriman caught a ball at the 5, made a cutback and walked right into the endzone.  I don't own him in any leagues, but it's been foretold.

Seer-Cizastro

You happen to see how many Targets / Yards he got in the vision???

16 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I'm at the point of tilting where I'm actually taking this into account. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Must be that time of year where the stress of making the right choices for the championship weigh heavy on our subconscious ... I had a dream the other night that DJ Moore scored a TD and I was pissed cause I am playing against him and was hoping Grier would effect production.

I too am trusting the vision as my final decision maker on starting Perriman. May the visions of Cizastro come to be!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

Seer-Cizastro

You happen to see how many Targets / Yards he got in the vision???

Unfortunately that was all I remember from the dream.  It was a deep ball thrown at least 30 yards out, a great pass by Winston.  Perriman juked the defender and coasted in for an easy score. 

I also dreamt that the Raiders were up 63-17 at halftime during the 2002 Super Bowl, so take that into consideration.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I'm not banking on Perriman. They're forecasting bad weather and Winston is far from 100%. Plus, he's just not that good of a WR. I had plenty of time to watch him under perform/whelm when he played for my Ravens. If you're desperate, it's probably worth giving him a shot, but I wouldn't get cute and start him over a clearly more talented WR like Brown or Sutton. 

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm not banking on Perriman. They're forecasting bad weather and Winston is far from 100%. Plus, he's just not that good of a WR. I had plenty of time to watch him under perform/whelm when he played for my Ravens. If you're desperate, it's probably worth giving him a shot, but I wouldn't get cute and start him over a clearly more talented WR like Brown or Sutton. 

Supposed to be cloudy tomorrow 

• Like 2

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm not banking on Perriman. They're forecasting bad weather 

... first i'm hearing of this 🤷‍♂️

🤠

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Who was the QB for the Ravens at the time may I ask??? Nevermind....

They could be playing in a Biblical flood -- the Bucs have zero ground game and Winston is going to pass-pass-pass.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BeefDaddy said:

Who was the QB for the Ravens at the time may I ask??? Nevermind....

It's your team, do what you want, but it's not like the Raven's have a bad track record of assessing young talent. It speaks volumes that a team as devoid of WR talent as the Ravens let him walk. 

11 minutes ago, Ryedog1987 said:

Supposed to be cloudy tomorrow 

That's fine. Looks like the rain has moved to Sunday. Still doesn't move the needle much for me on Perriman. 

That's fine. Looks like the rain has moved to Sunday. Still doesn't move the needle much for me on Perriman. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is expecting Michael Thomas here with Perriman.

He's a great option for those who've lost Godwin (or lost whoever). The opportunity is undeniable and that is half the battle in this game we play. If people have better options, more power to 'em!

interesting nugget i just happened across ...

kid is averaging 17+ air yds per target over the last month, highest of all qualifying WRs - leeg avg over that period is 8.2 

🤔

• Like 1

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is expecting Michael Thomas here with Perriman.

He's a great option for those who've lost Godwin (or lost whoever). The opportunity is undeniable and that is half the battle in this game we play. If people have better options, more power to 'em!

Hey, it's all just a big guessing game. I'm not going to knock someone for their opinion. Go with your gut. For me, the real question is who you're starting him over.

It's your team, do what you want, but it's not like the Raven's have a bad track record of assessing young talent. It speaks volumes that a team as devoid of WR talent as the Ravens let him walk. 

just some context is all... sometimes players just need a change of team / talent / opportunity. He's a first rounder and runs routes Flacco couldn't throw honestly, but i do agree he hasn't lived up to expectations, all eyes on him now with big expectations...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Who was the last even remotely notable WR the Ravens drafted within the last decade-plus, excluding 2019?!

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

interesting nugget i just happened across ...

kid is averaging 17+ air yds per target over the last month, highest of all qualifying WRs - leeg avg over that period is 8.2 

🤔

That is interesting, but I worry about his targets. I realize he's been behind Evans and/or Godwin most of the year, but even in his most productive week he was only targeted six times. And Arians has said he wants to get his TEs and RBs involved more in the passing game this week. I personally think Howard and Jones might be the real sleepers. I guess time will tell...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Who was the last even remotely notable WR the Ravens drafted within the last decade-plus, excluding 2019?!

The Ravens typically haven't used a high draft pick on a WR so I'm not sure that's the best gauge. Aside from Hollywood (2019) and Perriman (2015) you have to go all the way back to 2005 (Clayton).  They've hit on a very high percentage of their early round draft picks though.