TonyRomo

Breshad Perriman 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

That is interesting, but I worry about his targets. I realize he's been behind Evans and/or Godwin most of the year, but even in his most productive week he was only targeted six times. And Arians has said he wants to get his TEs and RBs involved more in the passing game this week. I personally think Howard and Jones might be the real sleepers. I guess time will tell...

all fair points, no doubt ...

i'm not as high on the kid as most, but it is a smash spot for this passing game ... lest Crabby is hurt more than they'te letting on, i can't envision a scenario where we don't see 40+ chucks, with at least a few deep shots to this fella. 

a very polarizing cat this week, and one who is gonna tilt many a 'chip, in either direction, come 4 p.m. tmrw. 

4 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The Ravens typically haven't used a high draft pick on a WR so I'm not sure that's the best gauge. Aside from Hollywood (2019) and Perriman (2015) you have to go all the way back to 2005 (Clayton).  They've hit on a very high percentage of their early round draft picks though. 

All true...I guess maybe I’m just missing the point then as it applies to Perriman?  Talent was never his issue - he just suffered from a combination of injuries, the yips, and inconsistency, to a point where the Ravens in must-win mode needed to cut bait.  I think it’s more instructive to look at what he’s accomplished in the last two years when given opportunities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

All true...I guess maybe I’m just missing the point then as it applies to Perriman?  Talent was never his issue - he just suffered from a combination of injuries, the yips, and inconsistency, to a point where the Ravens in must-win mode needed to cut bait.  I think it’s more instructive to look at what he’s accomplished in the last two years when given opportunities.

Must win mode? I think they probably hoped to make the playoffs going into the season, but they had no idea Jackson, Andrews, etc. would be this good. It's possible that he just needed a change or scenery, but I think Perriman had plenty of opportunities to prove himself. 

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

all fair points, no doubt ...

i'm not as high on the kid as most, but it is a smash spot for this passing game ... lest Crabby is hurt more than they'te letting on, i can't envision a scenario where we don't see 40+ chucks, with at least a few deep shots to this fella. 

a very polarizing cat this week, and one who is gonna tilt many a 'chip, in either direction, come 4 p.m. tmrw. 

Agreed and like I said for me it's who you're starting him over. I personally put his value below the likes of Brown and Sutton, but I'm sure plenty of people would disagree. 

2 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Must win mode? I think they probably hoped to make the playoffs going into the season, but they had no idea Jackson, Andrews, etc. would be this good. It's possible that he just needed a change or scenery, but I think Perriman had plenty of opportunities to prove himself. 

I meant going into last year.  Harbaugh was on the hot seat and couldn’t afford to keep waiting on him to develop.  What he’s shown as a Brown and now as a Buc is a strong sign that something has clicked for him.

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone is expecting Michael Thomas here with Perriman.

Speak for yourself... I’m penciling in 10/165/2.  

The only thing that has me worried is the hurricane that is apparently gonna hit Tampa tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Speak for yourself... I’m penciling in 10/165/2.  

The only thing that has me worried is the hurricane that is apparently gonna hit Tampa tomorrow.

Thought that was coming post game?

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

interesting nugget i just happened across ...

kid is averaging 17+ air yds per target over the last month, highest of all qualifying WRs - leeg avg over that period is 8.2 

🤔

Crab Legs Winston for you. He sure loves to sling it...

Starting him, but I don’t like it. I could pretty easily see Jameis laying a dud in what is supposed to be a shootout while target locking on the TEs and dumping off to the RBs. Feels dirty but I don’t feel particularly great about McLaurin, Mike Williams, or Watkins, and Perriman has clear upside. This is a very tough call.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:48 PM, rocket said:

Quite true, Flacco has not been good at throwing the ball deep for years.  Perriman is a boom / bust play.  Some people don't think his role will change much -- he'll still be the deep guy in this offense, but there's no Evans to take away those deep throws from him anymore.  He should be a priority in the offense.  I like Perriman this week, but not as much as say AJ Brown on the Titans-- that's also a last man standing kind of role with the injuries to the WR's on that team.

is his situation better than Brown this week? Brown has been performing well but got at least better receivers in Corey Davis and Derrick Henry against a formidable Saints D. Might be a shootout but he'll prob be covered by Lattimore. I own both so I'm trying to pick the best situation lol. Perriman got s---y Houston D, only receiver mainly. Also opponent playing Winston so can possibly hedge that matchup.

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

is his situation better than Brown this week? Brown has been performing well but got at least better receivers in Corey Davis and Derrick Henry against a formidable Saints D. Might be a shootout but he'll prob be covered by Lattimore. I own both so I'm trying to pick the best situation lol. Perriman got s---y Houston D, only receiver mainly. Also opponent playing Winston so can possibly hedge that matchup.

Same dilemna... perriman but brown...

going against my best instincts here ... that f'n box of rain the shims at CBS portended looks nil - i hate to chase pernts, and going to the funeral even though i bagged off the wedding, but, after mulling like a damn foo' ...

IN. 

plan on being totally boozed up by halftime at a client's Christmas party, there will be no TVs at the affair - so i'll be oblivious lest i keep pounding stat tracker or i slip out to the lounge area and rub elbows with the barflies 

i'll gladly sacrifice the worst whiskey hangover of my life for a 20+ spot from this kid. 

🥃 🎅 🥃

gl to all up in here - it's 'chip time, fellas ... let's get sum today ✌

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was planning on starting him and probably still will but definitely having some second thoughts [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

going against my best instincts here ... that f'n box of rain the shims at CBS portended looks nil - i hate to chase pernts, and going to the funeral even though i bagged off the wedding, but, after mulling like a damn foo' ...

IN. 

plan on being totally boozed up by halftime at a client's Christmas party, there will be no TVs at the affair - so i'll be oblivious lest i keep pounding stat tracker or i slip out to the lounge area and rub elbows with the barflies 

i'll gladly sacrifice the worst whiskey hangover of my life for a 20+ spot from this kid. 

🥃 🎅 🥃

gl to all up in here - it's 'chip time, fellas ... let's get sum today ✌

Glad to have you on board Pastor. And if it makes you feel better, my greatest championship victory took place while I was at my (then) girlfriend’s Mom’s Christmas Party back in 2012 with no TVs. Seahawks DST returned a blocked FG back for a TD on SNF to beat my best friend by 1 point. It was glorious.

Good Luck to ya’. 👊🏻🥃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Glad to have you on board Pastor. And if it makes you feel better, my greatest championship victory took place while I was at my (then) girlfriend’s Mom’s Christmas Party back in 2012 with no TVs. Seahawks DST returned a blocked FG back for a TD on SNF to beat my best friend by 1 point. It was glorious.

Good Luck to ya’. 👊🏻🥃

CHEERS, MAH MAN! ✌🥃

great story, i hope for similar - let's bring it HOME!

• Thanks 1

ok, FWIW ...

just ascertained that Perri will most likely draw 35 yr old CB Joseph for most of the game.

it certainly ain't hurting his prospects 🤔

• Like 2

Firing him up over Kupp as my WR2. [...] Good luck today gents I’m already pounding a beer  just to get things going.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Firing him up over Kupp as my WR2. [...] Good luck today gents I’m already pounding a beer  just to get things going.

Doing the exact same thing my man. Good luck!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, brosephd said:

I don't think it can be broken down into isolating pieces of player x vs player y.  An offense has a cohesive gameplan to win.

People are simply assuming that perriman will be the 2nd coming of Evans but seem to be ignoring that Arians said in his presser he is looking at potentially using the TE's and Rb's more.

In the Ariz game everyone ASSUMED OJ was going to be a stud because Ariz defense is weak against the TE and was consistently torched. Everyone ASSUMED it would be a shootout and Godwin+Evans+OJ would be studs; instead what we saw was ROJO being used heavily in the passing game. . .UNTIL he fumbled.  The process of why to expect huge games from evens+godwin+OJ was correct but the result was Arians schemed an unexpected gameplan of short passes to the rb. Rojo had more targets in that one game than he had all season.

Arians has been an unpredictable coach and the tampa offenses has been volatile all season long; the only thing that is predictable with confidence is that Winston will probably throw 40x a game, good luck figuring out who will be the fantasy stud 😉

Going to see a lot of targets, I may start him at flex , [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Houston has been MUCH better against the pass recently. Yielding the 21st most fantasy points to receivers over the last 3 weeks, 29th over the last 5 weeks. If you’re using last weeks game as a barometer, Detroit has been plain TERRIBLE all year (1st yielding points in last 3, 3rd in last 5 and 5th for the year). 

Perriman isn’t that good. Big game last week due to 3 TD’s on only 6 targets. Now he’s THE guy. Doubtful he can convert 5/6 targets. Have to hope he gets peppered with 8+ targets in this one. Then again, if you look at Evans last 3 games before the injury where he got 8+ targets, he finished with 6, 5, and 5 standard fantasy points (only 4 completions in each game). Winston isn’t very accurate and Perriman is no Evans. With most of the attention focused on Perriman, I’m not liking his chances today. 

Edited by Sonny_D

11 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Houston has been MUCH better against the pass recently. Yielding the 21st most fantasy points to receivers over the last 3 weeks, 29th over the last 5 weeks. If you’re using last weeks game as a barometer, Detroit has been plain TERRIBLE all year (1st yielding points in last 3, 3rd in last 5 and 5th for the year). 

Perriman isn’t that good. Big game last week due to 3 TD’s on only 6 targets. Now he’s THE guy. Doubtful he can convert 5/6 targets. Have to hope he gets peppered with 8+ targets in this one. Then again, if you look at Evans last 3 games before the injury where he got 8+ targets, he finished with 6, 5, and 5 standard fantasy points (only 4 completions in each game). Winston isn’t very accurate and Perriman is no Evans. With most of the attention focused on Perriman, I’m not liking his chances today. 

Houston has not been better against the PASS. maybe better against WRs specifically.

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Houston has not been better against the PASS. maybe better against WRs specifically.

Thanks for the correction. I meant fantasy points to receivers, and in the Perriman (WR) thread.