TonyRomo

Breshad Perriman 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Houston has been MUCH better against the pass recently. Yielding the 21st most fantasy points to receivers over the last 3 weeks, 29th over the last 5 weeks. If you’re using last weeks game as a barometer, Detroit has been plain TERRIBLE all year (1st yielding points in last 3, 3rd in last 5 and 5th for the year). 

Perriman isn’t that good. Big game last week due to 3 TD’s on only 6 targets. Now he’s THE guy. Doubtful he can convert 5/6 targets. Have to hope he gets peppered with 8+ targets in this one. Then again, if you look at Evans last 3 games before the injury where he got 8+ targets, he finished with 6, 5, and 5 standard fantasy points (only 4 completions in each game). Winston isn’t very accurate and Perriman is no Evans. With most of the attention focused on Perriman, I’m not liking his chances today. 

I think he’ll see 8 targets. I’m not gonna expect him to absorb all of Godwin’s volume and predict 10+, but they jumped out to a big early lead last week, and he still got a decent number of looks (and obviously they were high-value looks). 

I expect the Texans to put up points, and while the RBs and TEs should be involved, Arians/Jameis are certain to dial up some pass plays downfield.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think he’ll see 8 targets. I’m not gonna expect him to absorb all of Godwin’s volume and predict 10+, but they jumped out to a big early lead last week, and he still got a decent number of looks (and obviously they were high-value looks). 

I expect the Texans to put up points, and while the RBs and TEs should be involved, Arians/Jameis are certain to dial up some pass plays downfield.

They got out to a big lead, but it wasn’t like they ever took the foot off the pedal.  Detroit came right back. For as big of a lead as they had, Winston still threw it 42 times. 

I don’t see a shootout in this one. I see ball control with Watson running for 1st downs and extending drives in this one. 

Regardless, this is FF and a lucky, garbage time TD is always possible. You’re usually better off flipping a coin. 

9 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

They got out to a big lead, but it wasn’t like they ever took the foot off the pedal.  Detroit came right back. For as big of a lead as they had, Winston still threw it 42 times. 

I don’t see a shootout in this one. I see ball control with Watson running for 1st downs and extending drives in this one. 

Regardless, this is FF and a lucky, garbage time TD is always possible. You’re usually better off flipping a coin. 

Ok, fair enough, I see a shootout with lots of passing.  The Texans can’t run the football very well, and the Bucs have one of the best run defenses in the league.  The same can be said on the other sides of the football. 

What makes you think this is gonna be a ball control game?

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Ok, fair enough, I see a shootout with lots of passing.  The Texans can’t run the football very well, and the Bucs have one of the best run defenses in the league.  The same can be said on the other sides of the football. 

What makes you think this is gonna be a ball control game?

Ball control from the HOU side. They are good against the run, but they struggle against mobile/quick passing QB’s like Watson. I just see a TON of drives being extended by Watson today with dump offs to Duke and even Hyde. 

Line started out 53, down to 50. I know, still a ton. But I’d take the under in this one. 

28 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Exactly - Arians has always implemented a vertically-focused offense.  It’s hard to imagine that Perriman won’t be a major focal point.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Ball control from the HOU side. They are good against the run, but they struggle against mobile/quick passing QB’s like Watson. I just see a TON of drives being extended by Watson today with dump offs to Duke and even Hyde. 

Line started out 53, down to 50. I know, still a ton. But I’d take the under in this one. 

We’ll see. With Fuller back and obviously D-Hop, Watson has all his favorite toys at his disposal. I don’t think they’re gonna lean on Hyde and QB scrambles against Tampa’s notorious pass funnel.

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

This dude is a stud, he basically looked like Godwin out there. THANK YOU FOR A SOLID GAME AND A BIG F U to Winston.

17pts on 12 targets is a STUD?   The definition of stud has changed?  So Watson is a STUD too? 🤣

• QBJameis Winston 10.64PASS: 24/46, 326 yds, 1 TD, 4 INT, RUSH: 2 att, 16 yds
  • RBRonald Jones II 19.90RUSH: 14 att, 77 yds, 1 TD, REC: 4 tgts, 3 recs, 32 yds
  • RBDare Ogunbowale 4.50REC: 4 tgts, 2 recs, 25 yds
  • RBPeyton Barber 1.30RUSH: 5 att, 13 yds
  • WRBreshad Perriman 17.20REC: 12 tgts, 7 recs, 102 yds
  • WRJustin Watson 15.30REC: 10 tgts, 5 recs, 43 yds, 1 TD
  • WRIshmael Hyman 4.10REC: 2 tgts, 1 recs, 31 yds
  • WRCodey McElroy 4.00REC: 1 tgts, 1 recs, 30 yds
  • TEO.J. Howard 7.60REC: 7 tgts, 3 recs, 46 yds
  • TECameron Brate 3.70REC: 5 tgts, 2 recs, 17 yds

• Haha 2

On 12/20/2019 at 2:50 PM, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm not banking on Perriman. They're forecasting bad weather and Winston is far from 100%. Plus, he's just not that good of a WR. I had plenty of time to watch him under perform/whelm when he played for my Ravens. If you're desperate, it's probably worth giving him a shot, but I wouldn't get cute and start him over a clearly more talented WR like Brown or Sutton. 

I banked on Perriman.

Just now, dashoe said:

17pts on 12 targets is a STUD?   The definition of stud has changed?  So Watson is a STUD too? 🤣

• QBJameis Winston 10.64PASS: 24/46, 326 yds, 1 TD, 4 INT, RUSH: 2 att, 16 yds
  • RBRonald Jones II 19.90RUSH: 14 att, 77 yds, 1 TD, REC: 4 tgts, 3 recs, 32 yds
  • RBDare Ogunbowale 4.50REC: 4 tgts, 2 recs, 25 yds
  • RBPeyton Barber 1.30RUSH: 5 att, 13 yds
  • WRBreshad Perriman 17.20REC: 12 tgts, 7 recs, 102 yds
  • WRJustin Watson 15.30REC: 10 tgts, 5 recs, 43 yds, 1 TD
  • WRIshmael Hyman 4.10REC: 2 tgts, 1 recs, 31 yds
  • WRCodey McElroy 4.00REC: 1 tgts, 1 recs, 30 yds
  • TEO.J. Howard 7.60REC: 7 tgts, 3 recs, 46 yds
  • TECameron Brate 3.70REC: 5 tgts, 2 recs, 17 yds

I think he’s talking about the way he played. In a game that buried many a fantasy owner, he made a bunch of amazing catches.

Just admit you were wrong about him being a dart throw... it’s fine.

I was wrong for trusting Jameis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Started him as my WR3, I'll take that stat line every week for a WR3. The kicker is the guy I'm playing had Winston.

Perriman outscored Winston today haha.

[...]

He literally looked like his draft pedigree today... really, really strong performance in an ugly game. Could have been a huge bust if he had had the dropskies like the rest of his teammates.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

Was that a new career high for receptions in a game? Some very impressive work out there today. He's come a long way imo and it's great to see him producing this well. I always thought he was a one dimensional deep threat but that's obviously not the case

13 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think he’s talking about the way he played. In a game that buried many a fantasy owner, he made a bunch of amazing catches.

Just admit you were wrong about him being a dart throw... it’s fine.

I was wrong for trusting Jameis.

EXPLAIN TO ME HOW I WAS WRONG?  I said he was boom or bust and i posted my lineup 2hrs ago in the game thread 🤣

dashoe

• All-Time Great
  • Established Members
  • 14,667 posts

The fun is I inserted Perriman against Fuller 🤣

Ryan TannehillRyan Tannehill
NO Sun 1:00 PM
--
QB
--
Lamar JacksonLamar Jackson
@Cle Sun 1:00 PM
Joe MixonJoe Mixon
CinRB
@Mia Sun 1:00 PM
--
RB
--
Nick ChubbNick Chubb
CleRB
Bal Sun 1:00 PM
Todd Gurley IITodd Gurley II
@SF Sat 8:15 PM
--
RB
--
Aaron JonesAaron Jones
@Min Mon 8:15 PM
Robert WoodsRobert Woods
LARWR
--
WR
--
Amari CooperAmari Cooper
DalWR
@Phi Sun 4:25 PM
Will Fuller VWill Fuller V
@TB 10-01:42 1st
1 REC7 YDS
WR
Breshad PerrimanBreshad Perriman
Hou 0-101:42 1st
1 REC27 YDS
  •  

Edited by dashoe

The other thing Perriman had going for him that I didn’t really factor in is the idiot coach on the other side. O’Brien is an idiot. 

• Haha 1

glad i played him, if he had a competence qb his day would have been much better.  open for a td and winston overthrows him

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

EXPLAIN TO ME HOW I WAS WRONG?  I said he was boom or bust and i posted my lineup 2hrs ago in the game thread 🤣

dashoe

• All-Time Great
  • Established Members
  • 14,667 posts

The fun is I inserted Perriman against Fuller 🤣

Ryan TannehillRyan Tannehill
NO Sun 1:00 PM
--
QB
--
Lamar JacksonLamar Jackson
@Cle Sun 1:00 PM
Joe MixonJoe Mixon
CinRB
@Mia Sun 1:00 PM
--
RB
--
Nick ChubbNick Chubb
CleRB
Bal Sun 1:00 PM
Todd Gurley IITodd Gurley II
--
RB
--
Aaron JonesAaron Jones
@Min Mon 8:15 PM
Robert WoodsRobert Woods
LARWR
--
WR
--
Amari CooperAmari Cooper
DalWR
@Phi Sun 4:25 PM
Will Fuller VWill Fuller V
@TB 10-01:42 1st
1 REC7 YDS
WR
Breshad PerrimanBreshad Perriman
Hou 0-101:42 1st
1 REC27 YDS
  •  

Dude had 7 catches for 102 yards in a dumpster 🔥 of a fantasy game, and you immediately attacked a poster who said he was a stud.

Dart throw Boom/bust implies you get lucky if he gets a TD. Dude was rock solid today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Dude had 7 catches for 102 yards in a dumpster 🔥 of a fantasy game, and you immediately attacked a poster who said he was a stud.

Dart throw Boom/bust implies you get lucky if he gets a TD. Dude was rock solid today.

Thank you.  Just thank you.

• Like 1

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

I never attacked a poster, not sure why you always turn these posts into a personal grudge match 😂. I stated that I dont agree with the definition of stud . 17pts on 12 targets is not a stud performance in my view if that's the definition then watson was a stud wr too. 🤨

I also do't agree with your definition that a dart throw implies a TD, did you make that up because I never heard a dart throw expressed that way? 😉

So again tell me where i need to ADMIT where I am wrong when i actually put Perriman in my lineup as i posted the screenshot above and yes it was a dart throw for me 😂 

Man this guy looked good, was the only reliable receiver Winston had today. For a guy who has struggled with drops in his career, his hands were great today. I’ll take that performance any day of the week.

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I never attacked a poster, not sure why you always turn these posts into a personal grudge match 😂. I stated that I dont agree with the definition of stud . 17pts on 12 targets is not a stud performance in my view if that's the definition then watson was a stud wr too. 🤨

I also do't agree with your definition that a dart throw implies a TD, did you make that up because I never heard a dart throw expressed that way? 😉

So again tell me where i need to ADMIT where I am wrong when i actually put Perriman in my lineup as i posted the screenshot above and yes it was a dart throw for me 😂 

Jeez, man... no one is calling him a stud WR for his career. But today was a stud performance. He squeezed every little ounce of fantasy points out of what he was provided on those 12 targets. It’s a shame Jameis overthrew him when he smoked the DB, because it would have been a monster day.

Give it a rest.

• Like 4