TonyRomo

Breshad Perriman 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Jeez, man... no one is calling him a stud WR for his career. But today was a stud performance. He squeezed every little ounce of fantasy points out of what he was provided on those 12 targets. It’s a shame Jameis overthrew him when he smoked the DB, because it would have been a monster day.

Give it a rest.

Who said career? I said this game specifically. Why do you keep arguing things I dont say but you want to believe? first you accuse me about being wrong on my take but I wasnt, then yu accuse me of attacking a poster when i didnt, then you make up a fake definition of dart throw meaning a TD is scored and now you are talking about career vs game when i stated game. 😴

I dont think it was a stud performance and I stated why (17 ppr pts on 12 targets is not a stud performance in my book) but you keep posting responses because you want me to agree with you. 😉

I am entitled to my opinion as well 😂

Edited by dashoe

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Who said career? I said this game specifically. Why do you keep arguing things I dont say but you want to believe? first you accuse me about being wrong on my take but I wasnt, then yu accuse me of attacking a poster when i didnt, then you make up a fake definition of dart throw meaning a TD is scored and now you are talking about career vs game when i stated game. 😴

I dont think it was a stud performance and I stated why (17 ppr pts on 12 targets is not a stud performance in my book) but you keep posting responses because you want me to agree with you. 😉

I am entitled to my opinion as well 😂

...dude had some sick catches...put up over 100 yards and would of had an easy td and a few more catches if Winston wasnt so off. How can you not say this was a great performance? Lol some people just wont admit they were wrong. Carry on

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, herse12345 said:

...dude had some sick catches...put up over 100 yards and would of had an easy td and a few more catches if Winston wasnt so off. How can you not say this was a great performance? Lol some people just wont admit they were wrong. Carry on

So again 17pts on 12 targets in ppr is the definition of a stud wr vs the 30pts on 6 targets last week? Watson had 15 pts on 10 targets so he is stud-lite? 🤣 

Seems to me you are factoring in gameplay and potential of what he could have had but didnt produce which happens to every player like if OJ Howard caught a pass or Rojo didnt slip or if the oline didnt get caught for holding of Winston was a bit more accurate. alot of ifs and buts don't equal actual points. 

I said i disagree with the view that he was a stud today, so again tell me what I do I need to ADMIT I AM WRONG about?😉

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

said i disagree with the view that he was a stud today, so again tell me what I do I need to ADMIT I AM WRONG about?😉

Not understanding where you are going with your crazy. 
13.7 pts in 1/2 ppr makes me happy. Stud or not starting Perriman looks like a damn good move today. 

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Not understanding where you are going with your crazy. 
13.7 pts in 1/2 ppr makes me happy. Stud or not starting Perriman looks like a damn good move today. 

Well I am not sure why you dont understand when I am specifying ppr and you are basing your view on half-ppr. Glad you are happy so am I i expected 12pts and  I got about 18 but that still doesnt make him a stud today which seems to upset others.

He was a stud last week  with a wr1 finish and he beat expectations this week with a solid performance which will probably  finish as a wr2 for the week.  A wr2 performance is not studly  🤣

Edited by dashoe

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

So again 17pts on 12 targets in ppr is the definition of a stud wr vs the 30pts on 6 targets last week? Watson had 15 pts on 10 targets so he is stud-lite? 🤣 

Seems to me you are factoring in gameplay and potential of what he could have had but didnt produce which happens to every player like if OJ Howard caught a pass or Rojo didnt slip or if the oline didnt get caught for holding of Winston was a bit more accurate. alot of ifs and buts don't equal actual points. 

I said i disagree with the view that he was a stud today, so again tell me what I do I need to ADMIT I AM WRONG about?😉

Your wrong because your judging him on his targets and not drops. If a qb targets someone and throws it 10 feet over their head its his fault?

No, you judge him on his drops and from my count he had 1 at most, but I say 0. His last catch was incredible and he was getting seperation all game. How can you possibly blame him for winstons throws that got tipped at the line, overthrown on the td, and underthrown on a pi.

Did you even watch the game, dude was a godwin clone out there?

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Well I am not sure why you dont understand when I am specifying ppr and you are basing your view on half-ppr. Glad you are happy so am I i expected 12pts and  I got about 18 but that still doesnt make him a stud today which seems to upset others. 🤣

Let’s hold on... he might be your stud WR or flex play after your other players throw up zeros ..

6 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

3- 24...

good luck to people starting him...

This was a fantastic prediction for Hopkins, well done!

• Haha 4

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

Your wrong because your judging him on his targets and not drops. If a qb targets someone and throws it 10 feet over their head its his fault?

No, you judge him on his drops and from my count he had 1 at most, but I say 0. His last catch was incredible and he was getting seperation all game. How can you possibly blame him for winstons throws that got tipped at the line, overthrown on the td, and underthrown on a pi.

I'm actually judging him on his point production relative to his targets and even if u want to use his receptions it still does not equal to STUD in PPR scoring. Slice and dice it all you want.

Now if you want to debate he is a great studly player as an NFL wr or he had a NFL type studly performance  on field go right ahead. I dont engage in those debates because I dont get points for that. 😂

I’ll eat a bit of crow here. I didn’t get to watch the game but the numbers were about as good as you can expect from a flex.

All I was arguing was the guy was a totally risky play, he’s not that talented for one, Texans usually play a slow paced control the clock type style, and any given week Winston could just pepper any one guy and leave the others hanging, as was evident with the Evans boom and bust games. He was a roll of the dice, not a must start, and kudos to all you guys that had the gall to do so. I know you were all sweating that decision up until late in the game.

18 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm actually judging him on his point production relative to his targets and even if u want to use his receptions it still does not equal to STUD in PPR scoring. Slice and dice it all you want.

Now if you want to debate he is a great studly player as an NFL wr or he had a NFL type studly performance  on field go right ahead. I dont engage in those debates because I dont get points for that. 😂

Which league has setting that punish for targets compared to catches? Im betting none.

Most leagues count catches? 7

Most leagues count yards? 102

Some league give 100 yard bonuses? He got that.

To give you some reference only 13  wrs in the entire nfl got 100 yards or more week 15. Only 14 got 7 catches or more. So in conclusion, you are making no sense. Especially since this dude is many peoples flex. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Which league has setting that punish for targets compared to catches? Im betting none.

To give you some reference only 13  wrs in the entire nfl got 100 yards or more week 15. Only 14 got 7 catches or more. So in conclusion, you are making no sense. Especially since this dude is many peoples flex. 

He got me 20 as a plug in play start in the league I had Godwin. Perfectly content with that. 

20 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Dude you are running all over the world debating something that is not in context to my response to your claim he is a stud.  You keep saying he is a stud today based on hard catches and yardage and missed throws and league bonuses and flex slots and whatever else you re clinging to and that is all irrelevant because in PPR  the usual threshold between a wr1  and a wr2 distinction in any given week is 21pts and the  WEEKLY STUDS  will put up over 25 pts and the TOP 4 WEEKLY STUDS usually will have a 30pt handle.

So 17 fantasy ppr points is not a stud performance for me or any unbiased assessment by any metric, it's a wr2 finish. it's good, it's solid but it's not studly and it is available on the waiver or bench on any given week .

Last week he was a fantasy stud because he scored over 30 points and finished in the top 3 of his position in ppr. That type of performance wins a week 17pts does not 🤣

So once again I dont agree with your definition of a wr fantasy stud for a single game/week

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

I think shoe is kinda speaking to what I said above. He’s not a stud, nor was he a must play, he was a high upside extremely risky play that worked out. All of you guys on here talking smack were probably banging your heads against a wall up until the final minutes of the game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I think shoe is kinda speaking to what I said above. He’s not a stud, nor was he a must play, he was a high upside extremely risky play that worked out. All of you guys on here talking smack were probably banging your heads against a wall up until the final minutes of the game.

Dude, you already admitted you didn’t watch the game. So don’t comment on his performance today.

Just don’t.  

Kid took lemons and made lemonade.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Dude, you already admitted you didn’t watch the game. So don’t comment on his performance today.

Just don’t.  

Kid took lemons and made lemonade.

I don't need to watch to know that Perriman is not a talented player. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nyblazer11235 said:

Don’t care about his career, we haven’t been starting him for his career.

He was a talented player today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Don’t care about his career, we haven’t been starting him for his career.

He was a talented player today. 

I doubt that. More likely he was just in a good situation and things broke his way. I was following along on game cast and he was a dud most of the game. 

He was a total risk who paid off. Even elite wrs like Godwin and Evans were risky all year with the way Winston spreads it around in that offense. To say that a guy with his talent was a must start or even a sure thing this week with the volatility of that offense is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I doubt that. More likely he was just in a good situation and things broke his way. I was following along on game cast and he was a dud most of the game. 

He was a total risk who paid off. Even elite wrs like Godwin and Evans were risky all year with the way Winston spreads it around in that offense. To say that a guy with his talent was a must start or even a sure thing this week with the volatility of that offense is ridiculous. 

Dude, you didn’t even watch the game and you’re coming into a player’s thread and taking a firm stance... the question is why?

Just leave.

30 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

First round draft pick. Big and insanely fast. Father was in the NFL for a decade. Seems plenty talented to me.

Not really his fault he went to one of the worst WR situations: Flacco as his QB and Marc Trestman as his coordinator (who was promptly fired and replaced by equally incompetent Marty Mornhinweg).

Edited by Finisher

3 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Wrong again. Things broke against Perriman’s way. His stat line was about as bad as it could have been. If things broke his way this game he would have had about 200 and a TD.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Dude, you didn’t even watch the game and you’re coming into a player’s thread and taking a firm stance... the question is why?

Just leave.

I came and said I I eat crow he did much better then I expected. Then I was simply relating with shoe and defending him on the point we are trying to make here. 

Just now, MJJ28 said:

Wrong again. Things broke against Perriman’s way. His stat line was about as bad as it could have been. If things broke his way this game he would have had about 200 and a TD.

explain 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

explain 

Jameis overthrew him on a wide open 30 yard TD. He caught a sideline ball for 30 or so yards that was overturned because his second foot was touching OB. One of Jameis’ picks was because he threw a late duck to Perriman over the middle for what would have been 25 yards or so. Jameis had a screen pass to Perriman almost picked off by the D end. You’d know this if you watched.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MJJ28 said:

Jameis overthrew him on a wide open 30 yard TD. He caught a sideline ball for 30 or so yards that was overturned because his second foot was touching OB. One of Jameis’ picks was because he threw a late duck to Perriman over the middle for what would have been 25 yards or so. Jameis had a screen pass to Perriman almost picked off by the D end. You’d know this if you watched.

But aren’t those things some of the implied risks with Winston? He didn’t have his best game but he didn’t have his top receivers either. I imagine elite wrs make those plays.