TonyRomo

Breshad Perriman 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

But aren’t those things some of the implied risks with Winston? He didn’t have his best game but he didn’t have his top receivers either. I imagine elite wrs make those plays. 

Not to mention if he catches the TD or any of those plays are made ..the rest most likely don't occur ..always funny to see people imply that 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

But aren’t those things some of the implied risks with Winston? He didn’t have his best game but he didn’t have his top receivers either. I imagine elite wrs make those plays. 

Really? Your point wasn’t with Winston. Your whole point was he wasn’t a good receiver. Eat your crow and GTFO.

1 minute ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I don’t think so Tim. 

Anyways, thanks for a solid game Perriman, solid replacement for Godwin for a lot of us.

7 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Really? Your point wasn’t with Winston. Your whole point was he wasn’t a good receiver. Eat your crow and GTFO.

My point is still not about winston. He’s not a good wr lol. But you are arguing that he should have had a td and 200 yards if he had perfect passes thrown his way. Yet we know winston isn’t the model for throwing perfect passes. He’s a volume guy, and I think a big reason why he puts up numbers is that he has such talented wrs they can make up for his inadequate passing.

im done arguing. Kudos to you guys who started  him it was ballsy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nyblazer11235 said:

My point is still not about winston. He’s not a good wr lol. But you are arguing that he should have had a td and 200 yards if he had perfect passes thrown his way. Yet we know winston isn’t the model for throwing perfect passes. He’s a volume guy, and I think a big reason why he puts up numbers is that he has such talented wrs they can make up for his inadequate passing.

I didn’t argue anything except that he played well today.

Glad you’re done. Bye. 👋🏻

20 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Jameis overthrew him on a wide open 30 yard TD. He caught a sideline ball for 30 or so yards that was overturned because his second foot was touching OB. One of Jameis’ picks was because he threw a late duck to Perriman over the middle for what would have been 25 yards or so. Jameis had a screen pass to Perriman almost picked off by the D end. You’d know this if you watched.

Come on man, if you watched the game you can’t argue one point without acknowledging another. Pick 6 on the first drive immediately put them in positive game script. Then you have to consider that HOU did absolutely NOTHING with the other 3 TO’s. Nothing. On top of that, HOU had 2 turnovers of their own. And finally, and probably most importantly, any competent coach challenges that spot with 2:20 left on 4th and 1 and maybe gets lucky with a favorable spot or at a minimum, they respot it with 1/2 yard to go to get a 1st down and end the game. Especially when you have a mobile QB in Watson. First down there and Perriman finishes with 5 catches for 71 yards. Again, 5 catches for 71 yards. 

Hey, FF is mostly luck anyway. But let’s not forget Perriman could/should have finished with 5 for 71. One can easily argue everything sort of went his way in this one. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

A Jamis WR wouldn’t be ballsy.

4 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Come on man, if you watched the game you can’t argue one point without acknowledging another. Pick 6 on the first drive immediately put them in positive game script. Then you have to consider that HOU did absolutely NOTHING with the other 3 TO’s. Nothing. On top of that, HOU had 2 turnovers of their own. And finally, and probably most importantly, any competent coach challenges that spot with 2:20 left on 4th and 1 and maybe gets lucky with a favorable spot or at a minimum, they respot it with 1/2 yard to go to get a 1st down and end the game. Especially when you have a mobile QB in Watson. First down there and Perriman finishes with 5 catches for 71 yards. Again, 5 catches for 71 yards. 

Hey, FF is mostly luck anyway. But let’s not forget Perriman could/should have finished with 5 for 71. One can easily argue everything sort of went his way in this one. 

🙄☝️☝️☝️

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Hey, FF is mostly luck anyway. But let’s not forget Perriman could/should have finished with 5 for 71. One can easily argue everything sort of went his way on this one. 

It’s not a “coulda shoulda game” we play here. The poster you quoted was merely responding to the fact that the 7/12 catch rate wasn’t Perriman’s fault.

We didn’t get to the stat line we wanted, and you were right somewhat on gameflow... Jameis and Deshaun played terribly.

We are merely pointing out the Perriman played great to get that 7/102, despite certain posters in here (who didn’t watch the game), saying he sucks.

The kid played well, and deserves credit. Could have easily had 3/45 if he had the drops like his teammates who let Jameis down over and over again.

• Like 2

I agree, he played great. A lot of the sentiment I’m reading is that he should have had a bigger game. I was merely pointing out that 5//71 was a real possibility as well. Can’t argue one without the other. But that’s FF, there’s a TON of luck involved. And he did well with what he was given. 

6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It’s not a “coulda shoulda game” we play here. The poster you quoted was merely responding to the fact that the 7/12 catch rate wasn’t Perriman’s fault.

We didn’t get to the stat line we wanted, and you were right somewhat on gameflow... Jameis and Deshaun played terribly.

We are merely pointing out the Perriman played great to get that 7/102, despite certain posters in here (who didn’t watch the game), saying he sucks.

The kid played well, and deserves credit. Could have easily had 3/45 if he had the drops like his teammates who let Jameis down over and over again.

oh so your not gonna argue his points about how things went his way? Oh ok

2 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

oh so your not gonna argue his points about how things went his way? Oh ok

Yes, 100%. Things DID NOT GO his way in this game. Are you kidding me?

If you watched there is now way you’d be arguing otherwise. 

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I watched the entire game. I pointed out the MANY things that did go his way. But obviously you don’t see it that way. Hey, not everyone sees the game the same way. 

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

So what is your argument to the points he brought up?

6 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

His argument is you can argue Winston should have hit Perriman for a 45 yard TD but you can’t argue Watson should have gotten first downs and burned clock on Winston’s other 3 TO’s. Or that the Texans shouldn’t have tuned the ball over twice as well.  Lol. 

Fantasy football. Brings out the best and worst in people. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

He brought up the point of a favorable spot that affected one drive for the Texans. There were 3 drops by other Bucs that ended drives for Tampa Bay, that could have resulted in more catches/TDs for Perriman.

Again... watch the F’ing game before you comment.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He brought up the point of a favorable spot that affected one drive for the Texans. There were 3 drops by other Bucs that ended drives for Tampa Bay, that could have resulted in more catches/TDs for Perriman.

Again... watch the F’ing game before you comment.

I also pointed out the Texans did basically nothing with the other 3 TO’s. I also pointed out they had 2 TO’s of their own. Anyway, no point in arguing over nothing. He finished with 102 yards. Filled in admirably. 

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

I also pointed out the Texans did basically nothing with the other 3 TO’s. I also pointed out they had 2 TO’s of their own. Anyway, no point in arguing over nothing. He finished with 102 yards. Filled in admirably. 

Respect. My argument is not with you Sonny, you actually called the game better than I thought. But you have to admit the kid made the most of what he was given.

Game flow didn’t exactly help him, since it would have been better if the Texans had just scored on their posessions.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Respect. My argument is not with you Sonny, you actually called the game better than I thought. But you have to admit the kid made the most of what he was given.

Game flow didn’t exactly help him, since it would have been better if the Texans had just scored on their posessions.

Absolutely. I was impressed with the catches he made. Showed hands I never thought he had. He definitely made the most with what he was given. 

• Thanks 1

Given how that game went I'm pretty happy with 17 points. Crab Legs overthrew him in the endzone when he had his man beat too smh

Edited by street sharks

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

Dude you are running all over the world debating something that is not in context to my response to your claim he is a stud.  You keep saying he is a stud today based on hard catches and yardage and missed throws and league bonuses and flex slots and whatever else you re clinging to and that is all irrelevant because in PPR  the usual threshold between a wr1  and a wr2 distinction in any given week is 21pts and the  WEEKLY STUDS  will put up over 25 pts and the TOP 4 WEEKLY STUDS usually will have a 30pt handle.

So 17 fantasy ppr points is not a stud performance for me or any unbiased assessment by any metric, it's a wr2 finish. it's good, it's solid but it's not studly and it is available on the waiver or bench on any given week .

Last week he was a fantasy stud because he scored over 30 points and finished in the top 3 of his position in ppr. That type of performance wins a week 17pts does not 🤣

So once again I dont agree with your definition of a wr fantasy stud for a single game/week

Since guys are calling Perriman a stud in fantasy, I guess Beasley and Woods are officially  FANTASY STUDS this week because they have more points than Perriman today. 😂

1.R. Woods, LARF20.30
2.C. Beasley, BUFF17.80
3.B. Perriman, TBF17.20

4 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

256ebcb3b61e76307123ccee71651f5698af32b6

Pre-sesaon OJ Howard thread I stated Perriman would be fantasy relevant and the OJ Howard people were upset.  He had built chemistry with Jameis during camp and people forget he connected with Baker instantly after sitting most of the season on his couch and the Browns exteneded his contract. He went to the Bucs because he requested to be released after the Browns signed OBJ

13 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Ball control from the HOU side. They are good against the run, but they struggle against mobile/quick passing QB’s like Watson. I just see a TON of drives being extended by Watson today with dump offs to Duke and even Hyde. 

Line started out 53, down to 50. I know, still a ton. But I’d take the under in this one. 

I hope you didn’t bet!