Sign in to follow this  
Coach George

Emmanuel Clase 2020 Outlook

21 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

An 80 game suspension this season pretty much kills him in any redraft league. Actually he is pretty shaky in any league as a hold. Maybe him and his owners get lucky and The Indians bullpen is awful. They may actually need him back after his 80 game vacation after his Covid quarantine vacation and after his injury vacation, he should be rested anyway

Poop!

This stupid trade looking better and better.  Hope this guy is ready for an entire fanbase to hate him before he ever puts on the uniform.  

Not understanding why his suspension will only begin once the season does.. but the Stros and Sox are having their punishments count during the pandemic with no games being played. Horrible on MLB's part.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

This stupid trade looking better and better.  Hope this guy is ready for an entire fanbase to hate him before he ever puts on the uniform.  

Yeah his 2020 is probably wiped out at this point.  He was dropped in 2 of my dynasties early this morning.  I'm in a 3rd one where he's owned I'd imagine he'd be dropped by the end of the weekend there too if that owner is up to date on his players.

For the record here is the substance.  I have no clue about it.

Major League Baseball has suspended Emmanuel Clase for 80 games without pay after he tested positive for Boldenone, a performance-enhancing substance.

The test was presumably taken before the suspension of spring training in March amid the coronavirus outbreak. Clase, the centerpiece of the Indians' return for Corey Kluber, ranks as one of the brightest young relief prospects in the sport and registered a promising 2.31 ERA with 21 strikeouts over his first 21 major league appearances last season with the Rangers. He was set to serve in a prominent late-inning setup role this year in Cleveland. The suspension will begin whenever baseball resumes.

Source: Jared Diamond on Twitter                     May 1, 2020, 2:30 PM ET

21 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

For the record here is the substance.  I have no clue about it.

Horse steroid that is common among body builders who roid I’ve read. If he keeps Some of the bulk, gets healthy and rides out a lost season in 2020 it may disgustingly actually work out for him. Can’t we just play the game without cheating and juicing and see where the cards fall? Meh...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jonninho said:

Not understanding why his suspension will only begin once the season does.. but the Stros and Sox are having their punishments count during the pandemic with no games being played. Horrible on MLB's part.

It’s the difference of being suspended for a year and being suspended a set number of games. If they were suspended for 162 games it would be different. 

3 hours ago, FouLLine said:

Yeah his 2020 is probably wiped out at this point.  He was dropped in 2 of my dynasties early this morning.  I'm in a 3rd one where he's owned I'd imagine he'd be dropped by the end of the weekend there too if that owner is up to date on his players.

Have him in my dynasty and he’s luckily still milb eligible. 

39 minutes ago, daynlokki said:

It’s the difference of being suspended for a year and being suspended a set number of games. If they were suspended for 162 games it would be different. 

How is it any different when there is no season to date? Even if youre suspended for the 2020 season, and there is 0 games played, therefore no 2020 season existed, how have you served the suspension of a season? Im sorry. but, it doesnt make sense.

16 minutes ago, jonninho said:

How is it any different when there is no season to date? Even if youre suspended for the 2020 season, and there is 0 games played, therefore no 2020 season existed, how have you served the suspension of a season? Im sorry. but, it doesnt make sense.

It’s the wording. Being suspended for a SEASON means just that. If there isn’t a season that year your date you are eligible to return doesn’t change. It’s always been directly after the World Series when the new league season begins. They didn’t expect for there to possibly not have a season, but in sports leagues with grievances and such wording definitely matters. 

19 hours ago, daynlokki said:

Have him in my dynasty and he’s luckily still milb eligible. 

He's going to pretty much lose the entire season. In my opinion you're much better off swapping him out for a lottery ticket at rather than wasting a roster spot on a player that is only losing value by maintaining stagnant value at best.  Plus shouldn't we expect a drop in performance upon his return due to the PEDs?  

If there was a 50/50 bet that Clase would be fantasy relevant at any point from now through 2021 I'd be putting my money on no.  Unless you're in over 1000 player leagues

21 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

He's going to pretty much lose the entire season. In my opinion you're much better off swapping him out for a lottery ticket at rather than wasting a roster spot on a player that is only losing value by maintaining stagnant value at best.  Plus shouldn't we expect a drop in performance upon his return due to the PEDs?  

If there was a 50/50 bet that Clase would be fantasy relevant at any point from now through 2021 I'd be putting my money on no.  Unless you're in over 1000 player leagues

We have 20 milb in a 16 team league. I’m fine holding him. Him being a ways off actually helps with the MLB team I have and the guys I have close to the majors.