Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

NBA Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 9

Recommended Posts

Rondo for tomorrow game?LBJ is doubt to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dropping Biyombo for Kanter, however, I don't know if I should move Hayward to IL and waste an add because he might return for the Xmas game... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep a very very close eye on kevin knox right now. Don't let him slip to someone else if he strings together 1-2 more good games in a row. Unsurprisingly, Fizdale is gone and Knox is starting to put together some very solid lines. I watched this guy in summer league and felt like I was watching Tobias Harris, that's also his comparison on nbadraft.net

He gets a lot of flack from certain fantasy expert pundits, but he's got a very intriguing offensive game and he's got physical tools, he also looks really big/muscular this year. Marcus Morris minutes are starting to trend down, and it's only a matter of time before they feature him and mitch robinson full bore the rest of the way.

I haven't picked him up yet in my league, I got Derrick Jones first (I have him as a higher priority than Knox), but I'm waiting in the wings and watching like a hawk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Sleepers & Waiver Wire pickups (week 10)

Players owned in 50% of the leagues, or less:

DJ Augustin (30%), Kent Bazemore (28%)

Players owned in 25% of the leagues, or less:

Cody Martin* (1%), Darius Bazley (1%), Chris Boucher (22%), Derrick Jones jr. (14%), Kevin Knox (5%), Romeo Langford (0%)
*Avoid, if possible, Nets, Hornets, Bulls and Clippers streamers for the week, as these teams all only play twice this week.
 

Last week’s suggestions:

Isaiah Thomas (45%) – All the guy wanted was frosties. Good for IT, though, the two game suspension is dumb. And he’s been really decent in fantasy.
Willie Cauley-Stein (51%) – Useful week for him, but stocks were seemingly not available for him. Good to see him putting up 3 blocks in the last game of the week.
Norman Powell (28%) – He’s out indefinitely, and if he opts for surgery (which he probably should), he’ll probably won’t be back this season. It’s a shame, because he was playing well and the Raps could use healthy bodies.
Dillon Brooks (41%) – So, Brooks went back to shooting bad FG% and not contributing much eslewhere. Hold, though.
Daniel Theis (11%) – 2.7 combined stocks, and Robert Williams will be out for a while. Hold.
Lonnie Walker IV (2%) – I promised it would be rocky.
Denzel Valentine (2%) – Boylen vut his minutes, and right now he’s not able to do much. I’m still interested in seeing where he takes this over the next week, but if nothing changes, a strong drop.
George Hill (26%) – Top 60 over past 7 days. I think he’ll hold season long value, as he’s been killing it since before the summer. Very efficient as a bench option in fantasy.
Jalen Brunson (3%) – Was a fund ride, averaging almost 14/5/10 for the week, with good percentages. Doncic could be back Thursday, so brace for impact.
Also, for those rostering Alex Len, it seems like the end is nigh for him. Atlanta is looking to bring in more help (like Steven Adams), and coach Llloyd already shuffled his rotations, resulting in fewer Len minutes.
 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:
Daniel Theis (11%) – 2.7 combined stocks, and Robert Williams will be out for a while. Hold.

 

How is Theis only 11% owned? Smh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

 

How is Theis only 11% owned? Smh.


because he’s inconsistent and has plenty of games where he gets 15 minutes 5 boards 1 block and 0 points. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lifschitz said:


because he’s inconsistent and has plenty of games where he gets 15 minutes 5 boards 1 block and 0 points. 

 

You mean his last game? He was in foul trouble. And if you're expecting points from him, you're doing it wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

 

You mean his last game? He was in foul trouble. And if you're expecting points from him, you're doing it wrong. 


It’s not about expecting points, you asked why he’s under owned, look at his game log and minutes and inconsistency and that’ll answer your question.

blocks are scarce, but one category guys kill you in standard leagues when most people are getting a ton of across the board production. I’m top 3 in both of my leagues and I don’t have a single one dimensional player, carrying him waiting for a 4 block game would be a burden. 
 

See jakob poeltl, I’d rather own him for better long term upside and similar current stats, and I’m still not touching him while the minutes fluctuate. Same reason he’s “under owned”, if you want to call it that.

its the same reason thybulle is off and on rosters. I don’t think you comprehend how hard it is to carry 2 to 5 ppg players, points do matter, and they don’t impact percentages because they aren’t scoring at all, so that’s three negatives. 
 

If I’m going to go the low ppg route I’ll take a Donte, Melton, and Bruce brown over the aforementioned any day.

there are legitimate cases where we can say how come this guy is available in so many leagues? I truly don’t think Theis is one of those cases. He’s a deep league asset with some 12 man appeal for teams who really need a block specialist. 

Edited by Lifschitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:


It’s not about expecting points, you asked why he’s under owned, look at his game log and minutes and inconsistency and that’ll answer your question.

blocks are scarce, but one category guys kill you in standard leagues when most people are getting a ton of across the board production. I’m top 3 in both of my leagues and I don’t have a single one dimensional player, carrying him waiting for a 4 block game would be a burden. 
 

See jakob poeltl, I’d rather own him for better long term upside and similar current stats, and I’m still not touching him while the minutes fluctuate. Same reason he’s “under owned”, if you want to call it that.

there are legitimate cases where we can say how come this guy is available in so many leagues? I truly don’t think Theis is one of those cases. He’s a deep league asset with some 12 man appeal for teams who really need a block specialist. 

 

Matter of fact, I did look at his game log. The last time he saw under 20 minutes was December 6th and that was with Williams still active.  He's a good source for rebounds, steals, and blocks. A big that can do that without crippling free throws is more than useful. But if you say he's one dimensional, then I guess he is. 

 

Jakob Poeltl shouldn't be on any waiver wires either. Though I had him, but his C only eligibility was a drag because you can't overload your slots in Rotisserie; thus I made the switch.

 

Edited by Trench Mob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

 

Matter of fact, I did look at his game log. The last time he saw under 20 minutes was December 6th and that was with Williams still active.  He's a good source for rebounds, steals, and blocks. A big that can do that without crippling free throws is more than useful. But if you say he's one dimensional, then I guess he is. 

 

Jakob Poeltl shouldn't be on any waiver wires either. Though I had him, but his C only eligibility was a drag; thus I made the switch.


I’m not saying he doesn’t have value, he can be rostered, but to think it’s egregious that he’s under owned is a reach. His three game stretch with double digit points pumps up the overall rank value, but taking the entire month as a whole he had 4 out of 9 games that can be considered dog ****, and in 5 of the 9 games he got between 15 and 22 minutes.

his season average is 6.3 boards and 1.6 blocks, that’s his value, he does almost nothing else. The FG is undercut by lowly attempts, and he hits threes way too sporadically to add value. The above average is in 21 minutes averaged, which is exactly where he’s at this entire month.

in fact this month he’s averaging 21 minutes, in November he averaged 23..his rebounding was far better in November, so he’s actually regressed statistically this month.

not convinced.

Edited by Lifschitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

its the same reason thybulle is off and on rosters. I don’t think you comprehend how hard it is to carry 2 to 5 ppg players, points do matter, and they don’t impact percentages because they aren’t scoring at all, so that’s three negatives. 
 

If I’m going to go the low ppg route I’ll take a Donte, Melton, and Bruce brown over the aforementioned any day.

 

Thybulle is off and on rosters because he can't get over 20 minutes rarely. Plus Korkmaz shooting ability helps their team weakness. He won't have a consistent role unless he's able to knock down shots.

 

DiVincenzo should already be on rosters. Probably ROS ( depending on your guard depth ) because of his peripheral output + with Milwaukee blowing out 90% of the league he will get burn. 

 

Melton looks improved. Not my cup of tea as a player though. And Bruce Brown? Eh, yeah......  Nobody don't have time for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:


I’m not saying he doesn’t have value, he can be rostered, but to think it’s egregious that he’s under owned is a reach. His three game stretch with double digit points pumps up the overall rank value, but taking the entire month as a whole he had 4 out of 9 games that can be considered dog ****, and in 5 of the 9 games he got between 15 and 22 minutes.

his season average is 6.3 boards and 1.6 blocks, that’s his value, he does almost nothing else. The FG is undercut by lowly attempts, and he hits threes way too sporadically to add value. The above average is in 21 minutes averaged, which is exactly where he’s at this entire month.

in fact this month he’s averaging 21 minutes, in November he averaged 23..his rebounding was far better in November, so he’s actually regressed this month.

not convinced.

 

I already know his FG% is a non-factor lol. Rebounds and peripherals. That's all I need from a C / PF bench and or spot start depth and he checks those boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

 

I already know his FG% is a non-factor lol. Rebounds and peripherals. That's all I need from a C / PF bench and or spot start depth and he checks those boxes.


If he only gives you 2-3 stats (and really only big help in blocks) then that's why he's "under owned". If the guy was contributing enough to rank like top 80 people would own him. It's that simple.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sosa said:

dropping Biyombo for Kanter, however, I don't know if I should move Hayward to IL and waste an add because he might return for the Xmas game... 

Yea I missed out on Kanter, dropped Biyombo for Crowder. Then moved Hayward to IL and scooped Hart for the Xmas game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 5:53 AM, NBA_OG said:


After the last game the dick shrunk a bit. Hope the shrivel is gone after today is porn star sized again.

 

Based on the last two games the thing is about the same size as one that just came out of a swimming pool. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2019 at 9:48 PM, NBA_OG said:

 

Based on the last two games the thing is about the same size as one that just came out of a swimming pool. 

 

At this rate the thing will start turning inwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.