Motown_Magic

Mike Boone 2019 Outlook

We've been feeling great with Dalvin Cook as our rock solid RB1, and I've been planning on winning a trophy thanks to this guy, but things aren't looking so bright anymore. 

Mike Boone was the clear cut starter when Cook went down for the 3rd straight game.. Remains to be seen how serious Cook's injury will be, but if he is out and Mattison is a scratch for the 2nd straight game, Boone is the clear cut #1 waiver priority. Fantasy playoff owners should take a long long at their remaining FAAB and plan on kissing it goodbye. 

Without Cook/Mattison, Boone projects as a clear cut RB2 with RB1 upside on volume alone. 

• Like 1

Come tmrw morning, really hoping the ESPN projections aren't baking in a start yet and still give Cook the points. Otherwise, no way will he slip to me.

Same goes for Mattison actually [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Something tells me Mattison isn't right (didn't practice at all last week- they also promoted a practice squad guy as opposed to just keeping Boone as the backup)

Boone gonna be a good start against the shaky Packers run D if he gets the nod. 

Just now, elaw77 said:

Dropped my last waiver wire add for him. Hope Sigmund Bloom knows what he’s talking about lol.  

lets hope no GTD for Cook and Matty on MNF... Next you know you're flexing Irv Smith or MVS 🤮

2 minutes ago, tekashi26ix said:

lets hope no GTD for Cook and Matty on MNF... Next you know you're flexing Irv Smith or MVS 🤮

flexing?! Damn. I wish I had that option. He’s my RB2 behind Gurley 😂😂😂. I’m all in on Boone...choochoo 🚂🚂🚂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Heizz said:

My RB2 as well. 

legggo

Ayyyyyye...get money. Mike Money Boone #Cashmeousside

• Like 2

1 hour ago, elaw77 said:

Dropped my last waiver wire add for him. Hope Sigmund Bloom knows what he’s talking about lol.  

what did he say

Anyone in Minnesota think this guy plays? I stashed him but I'm not very keen on rolling the dice until MNF and getting stuck playing a Packers WR when I could of started Kirk in the title game.

Both of Cook's shoulders are hurt and and Mattison has an ankle, this feels like the ultimate dice roll, as at the latest have to decide by SNF If you're gonna leave  a spot open for Boones Farm. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

what did he say

Bloom is a dweeb who tries so damn hard proving how "hip" he is by extolling the virtues of POCK (Tupac) ... it's embarrasing.  dude, give it up. 

anywho, i think he may be referring to the scuttle that Matti has the HAS 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Picked him up myself in one league but I'm highly doubting I play him.  The only way I'll consider it is if they rule out Cook and Mattison on Saturday.

If either of those guys are playing, I'm out on Boone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

what did he say

Bloom’s been touting this guy since the preseason. Saying he’s a sparq freak and he needs to be rostered in all leagues and started in most. Something along this lines. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Anyone in Minnesota think this guy plays? I stashed him but I'm not very keen on rolling the dice until MNF and getting stuck playing a Packers WR when I could of started Kirk in the title game.

Both of Cook's shoulders are hurt and and Mattison has an ankle, this feels like the ultimate dice roll, as at the latest have to decide by SNF If you're gonna leave  a spot open for Boones Farm. 

It's a fluid situation as the week goes along we'll have more clarity, and how each GM handles the situation depends on their own personal situation and what they are facing for the chip

the Vikings have already made it clear that Abdullah is gonna get the pass down work.  

HAVE SOME BALLS AND START THIS KID IN ' CHIP WEEK, GROW A SACK 🤠

• Like 1

Are the Vikings deliberately trolling us with no updates on Cook, Mattison, the meaning of life?

27 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Are the Vikings deliberately trolling us with no updates on Cook, Mattison, the meaning of life?

No its because they play on MNF so didnt hold practice today. Tomorrow will be their first injury report of the week

• Thanks 1

I had been snooping around. Word on Mattison is a high ankle sprain on his right ankle... I had cross checked this with multiple info from Fantasy PTs... With a high ankle sprain, he is less likely to play...

Cook, meanwhile, has a likelier chance of playing based on his injury, with a possibility of getting held back based on the playoff possibilities...

Just now, JuanSuarez said:

Reports of Cook not playing. Where do we rank this fella if both Cook and Mattison are out?

Chubb to Abdullah's Hunt 🤷‍♂️

i can see 90+ total yds, great shot at a tug ... or two. 

This guys a low-end RB2 this week.

Abdullah may get more work than him since he is a much better receiver, gamescript against GB may not favor the run.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

ugh why couldnt that have come out last night. kicking myself for grabbing perriman instead, oppo got boone