Motown_Magic

Mike Boone 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Jubanton said:

Same quandary myself... the @SF matchup gives me shivers.

I couldn’t stomach a potential dud from Boone if Mattison plays. I doubt he will. But I decided to play safe and stick with Gurley. I am exstatic that he has 14 pts at half time. 

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I couldn’t stomach a potential dud from Boone if Mattison plays. I doubt he will. But I decided to play safe and stick with Gurley. I am exstatic that he has 14 pts at half time. 

High ankle sprain and no practice for 2 weeks just some individual drills saturday...i can't imagine he would play much high ankle sprains suck especaiilly for someone hwo has to cut when they run.  i hope he is ruled out before the games tomorrow though just would help 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexxelA said:

Just read this:  (Don't know how legit it is)

"Mattison did go through some drills on Saturday and was limited in practice overall. He’s dealing with a high ankle sprain, and his status may ride on whether or not the Vikings have a playoff spot locked up by the time they take the field on Monday night. If the Los Angeles Rams lose on Saturday night and the Vikings are assured of a spot in the postseason, it wouldn’t be surprising to see both Mattison and Cook sit out of this game and the regular season finale against Chicago to allow them to heal up. Mattison might still be a scratch for Monday anyway, but he would definitely be a scratch if the Vikings were no longer worried about securing a playoff spot".

source: https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/12/21/21033056/minnesota-vikings-final-injury-report-dalvin-cook-out-alexander-mattison-questionable

Rams lost. 

Problem is they might not make a move on promoting a practice squad RB before the 1pm games tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Gryfter said:

Rams lost. 

Problem is they might not make a move on promoting a practice squad RB before the 1pm games tomorrow.

Who cares..just start Boone 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Best case for us Boone owners.  Most of us I imagine don't have another viable start in the Monday night game if we're going to go with Boone, so Minnesota already clinching is great news.

This isn’t gonna change anything imo. They’re still playing for seeding.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

This isn’t gonna change anything imo. They’re still playing for seeding.

Someone is salty they didnt play boone

3 minutes ago, Ryedog1987 said:

Someone is salty they didnt play boone

Just stating facts man. Mine as well sit everyone if it doesn’t matter. 

5 hours ago, Truth11 said:

Did fullback get the 2 tds last week?

Ae they recreating the exact same game as last week play by play? 🤣

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

Ae they recreating the exact same game as last week play by play? 🤣

We only have one week sample size to Go off. To me they used him like cook. I need a homerun so using boone for that huge swing.

29 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Schefter usually doesn't go out on a limb without knowing something.

With MN wrapping up a playoff spot and Mattison having a HAS and not getting in a full practice for two weeks...and...him being a rookie I just can't imagine Mattison suddenly is making an impact on the field.

I'm rolling with Boone.

• Like 1

Boone doesn’t catch passes though does he? So we’d likely see some Abdullah and Boone would be TD dependent? I’d hate to lose in the ship because I go with him and he has 17 carries for 75 scoreless yards. 

17 minutes ago, CooL said:

Boone doesn’t catch passes though does he? So we’d likely see some Abdullah and Boone would be TD dependent? I’d hate to lose in the ship because I go with him and he has 17 carries for 75 scoreless yards. 

No matter what player we put in the starting lineup it’s all a gamble. Boone has caught the ball in the NFL so he can catch and another poster put up his college receiving stats. 

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

No matter what player we put in the starting lineup it’s all a gamble. Boone has caught the ball in the NFL so he can catch and another poster put up his college receiving stats. 

He can catch. I just don't think he was put in that position last week. 

Considering Cook himself called Boone "his clone" I'd gather he can catch the ball. I'd expect a couple receptions.

31 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah, he can catch.  No idea if they use him that way though.  He had a few catches in preseason including a 45 yarder.  I think if he starts he'll probably catch a couple passes.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Alexander Mattison (questionable, ankle) is not expected to play Week 16 against the Packers.

Now assured of a playoff spot (San Francisco eliminated the Rams with Saturday's victory), there's no reason for Mattison to push it at less than 100 percent. Schefter confirms it will be the Mike Boone Show when the Vikings renew their long-standing rivalry with Green Bay Monday in Minneapolis. Slated for workhorse usage against a Packers defense that has allowed the ninth-most rushing yards per game, Boone checks all the RB2 boxes for Week 16.

This is so tough.  It seems like the Vikings would be absolutely silly to play Mattison if there is any question at all on his health.  He only did a little work on the side Saturday as far as I could tell from everything I read.  I remember Saquon doing something similar when he was coming back from his injury and everyone was hyped up that he was back at practice and he sat out that week.  I really feel like with the scenario here that we'd need to see Mattison in full practices for him to truly play in a fairly meaningless game.

My gut is saying this probably turns out to be a 13 carry for 40 yard game or something.  But dude does have fresh legs and runs hard so maybe he can strike lightening.

Edited by tts42572

6 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

This is so tough.  It seems like the Vikings would be absolutely silly to play Mattison if there is any question at all on his health.  He only did a little work on the side Saturday as far as I could tell from everything I read.  I remember Saquon doing something similar when he was coming back from his injury and everyone was hyped up that he was back at practice and he sat out that week.  I really feel like with the scenario here that we'd need to see Mattison in full practices for him to truly play in a fairly meaningless game.

My gut is saying this probably turns out to be a 13 carry for 40 yard game or something.  But dude does have fresh legs and runs hard so maybe he can strike lightening.

If you looking for a wildcard or a boone play here he is.

Edited by Truth11

I can't tell if that Shefty tweet is him reporting something or just stating a fact that with the Vikings clinching it doesn't make sense for Mattison to play. 

25 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I can't tell if that Shefty tweet is him reporting something or just stating a fact that with the Vikings clinching it doesn't make sense for Mattison to play. 

Shefter is it usually the type to speculate.  I’m treating this as news not a hunch