Motown_Magic

Mike Boone 2019 Outlook

Staying on the Boone situation until 3:00 CST when my pivots start firing off through SNF. I personally don't think Mattison plays and If he does, I can't imagine him having a high workload rendering Boones Farm useless. As of now, rocking Boonedock Saints on MNF but it's a fluid situation. 

Yeah unfortunately if you don’t have a reliable late option, hard to know what to do. Lots of talk throughout the week that there’s no way Mattison will play from lots of people familiar with high ankle sprains.

But if you only have early game options for the flex, it’s a gamble.

40 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I can't tell if that Shefty tweet is him reporting something or just stating a fact that with the Vikings clinching it doesn't make sense for Mattison to play. 

Schefty is a well-known player/lover of Fantasy football, I wonder if this is his way of influencing the Vikings to take the course we all obviously want them to take. Even Mattison owners can’t feel comfortable starting him if he plays, so it’s pretty much Boone or hands off of the Vikings backfield.

My take:

He’s the most upside “flex” play left available for those who have their other positions set. If you started off well yesterday and/or your opponent faltered, might make sense to lock in your Sunday guy, but if you need to hit a homerun (as I do in one league after Jameis and Hopkins), you roll with him all day and hope for RB1 numbers.

It sounds like Boone is the guy.  I’m not too worried about Mattison or Abdullah.  My biggest fear is that the Viks and the Pack play a low scoring grind it out defensive game.  They both really want to win this game and may be afraid to make mistakes.  My other options are playing in the Chargers Raiders game which I think could be a higher scoring affair.  

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

This is so tough.  It seems like the Vikings would be absolutely silly to play Mattison if there is any question at all on his health.  He only did a little work on the side Saturday as far as I could tell from everything I read.  I remember Saquon doing something similar when he was coming back from his injury and everyone was hyped up that he was back at practice and he sat out that week.  I really feel like with the scenario here that we'd need to see Mattison in full practices for him to truly play in a fairly meaningless game.

My gut is saying this probably turns out to be a 13 carry for 40 yard game or something.  But dude does have fresh legs and runs hard so maybe he can strike lightening.

No one os talking about the history of  HC/OC and the way they use players who are promoted from backup roles. I already

have a good sense on how they play injured players as we have learned from the multiple lies of injured, not really injured, will play, ok we admit he is sort of injured Dalvin Cook.

I have no doubt based off the way they lied about Dalvin they will play an injured Mattison if there is a hope he can somewhat run even if for only a series. 😂

Didn't Zimmer constantly give a glimmer of hope for Theilen for weeks? And then inevitably he wouldn't play? Probably playing the same game with Mattison.

And you'd think they would have learned something bringing Theilan back too early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Didn't Zimmer constantly give a glimmer of hope for Theilen for weeks? And then inevitably he wouldn't play? Probably playing the same game with Mattison.

And you'd think they would have learned something bringing Theilan back too early.

My thoughts as well.

My main concern is Ameer. Ameer was clearly the least impressive RB during their preseason, but they kept him around instead of cutting him. I'm wondering if Boone won't have the entire backfield to himself.

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Good luck all. Minus any new info breaking before 4 pm I'm in on Boone.

The only news there is you start Mike Boone... 

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

After today's performances it is insane to say it but need Mike Boone to come in with a cook performance tomorrow

Looking like that for me too atm.  

Alright I'm in on this, my twitter feeds say it's Boone SZN. Good luck to all still standing. 

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Alright I'm in on this, my twitter feeds say it's Boone SZN. Good luck to all still standing. 

Welcome on the 🚂.

Need a big performance from him tomorrow night, LFG. 🔥

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Welcome on the 🚂.

Need a big performance from him tomorrow night, LFG. 🔥

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who are you guys benching in favor of Boone? Wanna get on the choo-choo ride with you all but am skeered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Who are you guys benching in favor of Boone? Wanna get on the choo-choo ride with you all but am skeered.

Benched Drake for Boone, not lookin good over here but we must trudge onwards. I expect 70/30 in Boone’s favor to Ameer, and based on the Vikes season, that should be 20 touches. Let’s ride 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

I benched Bell for Boone earlier. Not sure who you have left to play in your lineup when all but 4 games have already been played.

26 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

Benched Drake for Boone, not lookin good over here but we must trudge onwards. I expect 70/30 in Boone’s favor to Ameer, and based on the Vikes season, that should be 20 touches. Let’s ride 

Ouch. GL. 👍🏻

• Like 1