Motown_Magic

Mike Boone 2019 Outlook

[...] It was a let down though. I fell into the hype also though

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I just want to know why he was benched when there were terrible play calls and blowups in the back field at all times. I want to see specific examples of what he screwed up and was on him vs the ineptitude of the offense. Doesn't matter- he's a third stringer. Seasons over for all of us- let this be a valuable lesson for next year. Use your gut going forward versus logic because logic gets you nowhere in this hobby 

Let's keep it 100 though....

This performance had more to do with the staff's gameplan and the horrid play from the offensive line then it did Boone not performing well.

• Like 4

My gut says he has to have been nicked up for him to lose 100% of the snaps in the 2nd half after his first carry for no gain. Unless he whiffed on a pass block or something...

12 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Let's keep it 100 though....

This performance had more to do with the staff's gameplan and the horrid play from the offensive line then it did Boone not performing well.

I don't think you are keeping it 100 though...

5 minutes ago, cyberer said:

My gut says he has to have been nicked up for him to lose 100% of the snaps in the 2nd half after his first carry for no gain. Unless he whiffed on a pass block or something...

They went away from him b/c he was getting nothing on the ground and they fell behind early in the 2nd half. Decided to go pass catching back and try and get Cousins going. Nothing worked. Not all Boone’s fault. Cousins just sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

They went away from him b/c he was getting nothing on the ground and they fell behind early in the 2nd half. Decided to go pass catching back and try and get Cousins going. Nothing worked. Not all Boone’s fault. Cousins just sucks. 

But abdullah has never been great as a pass catcher/hands and this guy was a converted WR. Doesn't make sense.

But, if it's any consolation, this will to down in fantasy lore

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyberer said:

But abdullah has never been great as a pass catcher/hands and this guy was a converted WR. Doesn't make sense.

I don’t know enough about Boone to really comment. But as far as Abdullah, great hands or not, he’s sort of been that 3rd down type of back. I know Detroit tried to feature him for a bit but that didn’t really work. Anyhow, 2.5 YPC will usually cause a change, regardless if it’s that players fault or not. Cousins throwing for 75 yards to that point obviously didn’t help Boone’s cause either. 

Well that sucked. Did he even get a carry in the 2nd half? With Mattison inactive thought he was good for 20 carries. That’s Fantasy for ya though. 

1 minute ago, newyork2la said:

Well that sucked. Did he even get a carry in the 2nd half? With Mattison inactive thought he was good for 20 carries. That’s Fantasy for ya though. 

One carry after halftime.

I get it that some people had to start this guy but why was there so many Mike Boone or Aaron Jones who to start questions last night?  Aaron Jones is a set it and forget it is he not?  Unless you are blessed enough to have CMC, Barkley, a healthy Cook, and maybe Zeke on the same team Aaron Jones is a absolute stud. 

10 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

I get it that some people had to start this guy but why was there so many Mike Boone or Aaron Jones who to start questions last night?  Aaron Jones is a set it and forget it is he not?  Unless you are blessed enough to have CMC, Barkley, a healthy Cook, and maybe Zeke on the same team Aaron Jones is a absolute stud. 

Aaron Jones has had 5 games with 4 points or less this year in standard.  On paper the matchup favored Boone.  Add on that the hype surrounding Boone in the fantasy world, it's easy to see someone second guessing themselves or atleast asking questions in an important game.

Boone was an unknown.  I think that's what made him such an intriguing decision this week.  Same with Perriman.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Nobody in their right mind should have benched Jones for Boone. Unacceptable and I no way in hell can anybody think any matchup favored Boone. I started Boone needed only 4.7 over likes of Lazard or Allison. Lazard was the play. 

59 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Oh yeah.  So many people on the radio shows were asking Boone or Jones.  First, they weren't even answering to the host's answer to the previous question, because they asked the same thing.  Why would you sit Aaron Jones?!

I guess Boone was a third stringer for a reason.  Who would have thought that Abdullah would be the back to own.  It's pathetic that he caught 6 of Kirk's 11 completions.

Anyone else just sad about flexing this guy and needing points on Monday night football only to come up short, and painfully short, when the second half started and he was benched? I just want to know what was wrong with our process of expecting flex numbers 

9 hours ago, cyberer said:

A cautionary tale to remind us to always start our studs

29 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Anyone else just sad about flexing this guy and needing points on Monday night football only to come up short, and painfully short, when the second half started and he was benched? I just want to know what was wrong with our process of expecting flex numbers 

Well what was your process? each person had a start sit that lead to Boone being in the flex. I was getting blown out before the Sunday games even started so my team's start/sit was Boone or Bell. I knew Bell was most likely not going for 20+ in the Jets O and Boone was an unknown and slated to get the "majority" of work on a "good team". He had a higher probability of falling in for 2 tds. I needed the upside, the risk was high, it didn't pay off. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Well what was your process? each person had a start sit that lead to Boone being in the flex. I was getting blown out before the Sunday games even started so my team's start/sit was Boone or Bell. I knew Bell was most likely not going for 20+ in the Jets O and Boone was an unknown and slated to get the "majority" of work on a "good team". He had a higher probability of falling in for 2 tds. I needed the upside, the risk was high, it didn't pay off. 

Honestly the only other choices I had were Singletary and Ward as my team got ravaged by injuries last 3 weeks or so. Not like that was a hard / tough decision, and not like the others worked out. My process was a safe 8-10 points and combine for matchup and the good o-line at home vs. a not great run defense. Guess you can never rule out the Cousins narrative on primetime...but still, you would think 60-80 yfs was attainable if we actually played the whole game.

Just stinks- just needed a little bit and it cost me because I was blinded by the fact that this guy could be a viable flex play, when he should've been at worse. 

Well u take shots and hope for the best this time of year.    Prob shouldn’t have even been close with Cook and Henry out.   

stings 

10 hours ago, cyberer said:

If Boone was a good receiver he never would have had to convert.