Motown_Magic

Mike Boone 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

It's always possible, but this Packer run D is baaaad...also Packers have never won at the new Minny dome and Rodgers has most always had some issues against the Zimmer defense. Game script is prob not gonna be an issue here.

No chance does Zimmer allow a gameplan not to be run-centric. Kubiak also was hired for his run game expertise.

Man this forum has some irrational takes sometimes.

Minnesota is one of the most profitable backfields in the league. Dalvin's basically 20 ppg in half ppr. Cut that in HALF and Boone is still a RB2. I'm expecting 15 points in half ppr on Monday- which is the most realistic outcome. He has boom potential of 100 yards and 2 scores...Abdullah is not a threat. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

Rodgers has a ridiculous record on Monday night. 

And looking at game logs he seems to always have success hitting D. Adams all over the place. And, the MN secondary stinks.

Hoping this is not the case so MN can stick with the run.

The packers are an implied 20 points against a surging Minnesota defense. I expect Adams and Rodgers to be fine but only because they will most likely be playing from behind. GB is not as good as the public thinks- LaFleur sucks and Rodgers has declined a bit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

The packers are an implied 20 points against a surging Minnesota defense. I expect Adams and Rodgers to be fine but only because they will most likely be playing from behind. GB is not as good as the public thinks- LaFleur sucks and Rodgers has declined a bit. 

I think Green Bay plays up and down to their competition, while doing just enough to get wins. This will be a competitive game and Green Bay will be ready. 

5 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

I think Green Bay plays up and down to their competition, while doing just enough to get wins. This will be a competitive game and Green Bay will be ready. 

How'd that go against the 49ers? 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

How'd that go against the 49ers? 

lol Way to cherry pick. Good teams never have down games right. 

I'm not even disagreeing with your original argument. I think they are worse than the public perception but they aren't terrible either. Its going to be a competitive game but I'll take Rogers in primetime over Cousins any day. 

where does Boone realistically place in the rankings?

I dont even know if hes the top FA RB pick up this week

FFToday Ranks Washington the no 5 RB play of the week

44 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

The demise of Rodgers has been greatly exaggerated.  GB is a boring team that was exciting to watch when Rodgers was making incredible efforts for a team that sucked. They dont suck today, they just dont have the Captain Rodgers identity and a sieve of a defense. They are an above average team that guts out wins vs the previous explosive 1min drill scoring drives engineerd by Rodgers.  The skills positions talent is there but the team is  happy to play like plodders 😂

People have forgotten how stacked the NFC is with competitive teams.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

lol Way to cherry pick. Good teams never have down games right. 

I'm not even disagreeing with your original argument. I think they are worse than the public perception but they aren't terrible either. Its going to be a competitive game but I'll take Rogers in primetime over Cousins any day. 

Cousins is 0-8 on MNF fwiw...

28 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

where does Boone realistically place in the rankings?

I dont even know if hes the top FA RB pick up this week

FFToday Ranks Washington the no 5 RB play of the week

That seems agressive considering how poor the Raiders looked last week and no Trent Brown

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

So is Dalvin an elite rb1 because of his talent or the system or his talent in the system?

Can any rb be plugged in and be a stud like in a shanny system or plugged in and flop like Detroit, chiefs and pitt this season?

Coaches can get too clever and kill all fanatsy value when it comes to backups

This is why people are concerned

I've been hearing respected experts tout Boone all season and he certainly passed the eye test last week, so the talent is there as far as I'm concerned. 

Both Mattison and Boone have looked great all season. Mattison was the highest regarded handcuff all season despite a poor PFF grade. This tells me the system adds value. 

So I do think it is a plug and play situation. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Coach Mike Zimmer said Alexander Mattison (ankle) has a "good chance" to suit up Monday night against the Packers.

Screw Zimmer

• Like 1

Ignore this idiot coach.  If Mattison gets in a limited practice Saturday, bench Boone.  If he doesn’t practice Saturday, start Boone with confidence.  Don’t listen to a word this fool coach says.  

• Thanks 1

Gonna be hard to trust either mattison or Boone unless mattison is ruled out. I might have to pass on this situation and I have both. Perriman at flex most likely

22 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Coach Mike Zimmer said Alexander Mattison (ankle) has a "good chance" to suit up Monday night against the Packers.

Can't name another coach that lies more than this guy (besides Belicheck)

Old-school loser. 

30 minutes ago, yanksman said:

How on Earth is Minny a 5.5 favorite here?

Home game, and public perception right now is that Packers aren't playing great and they aren't great. But per other posters in here, maybe the Packers are better than that spread and that Vegas is cleaning out people this week. It's possible Packers go up 14-0 due to their passing attack. Vikings have their wide receivers back though. Maybe GB pass-rush is a problem. I see the run game not being a problem for the Vikes.

Also Vikes just dominated Chargers on a late afternoon game for all to watch, and public probably thinks their defense is truly dominant. It's not dominant, it's above average.

I think Vikes by 2.5 or 3.5 was more fair. 

i got anthony miller who ill plug in for Boone so ill be taking it up until sunday night to see if mattison ruled out haha

EDIT: ignore zimmer, cook isnt playing

Edited by kmoore1521

[...] I'm playing Boone regardless with Cook being ruled out.

My rationale is this: 

Boone is 100% healthy and has fresh legs

Mattison, If he goes, isn't healthy enough to get 100% of the work, so I'd say that gets Boone a 50% work floor @ Min

If Mattison doesn't go, or is super limited, Boone's work floor jumps to 70-85% of the work. 

If you play Boone I think you get 50% of the work, the work is against GB, on MNF, [...] I think it's a good gamble. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 3

50% of the work for boone isnt going to win you fantasy gold - If you have someone like deandre washington or anthony miller or Perriman - Play them and save yourself the headache

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

[...] I'm playing Boone regardless with Cook being ruled out.

My rationale is this: 

Boone is 100% healthy and has fresh legs

Mattison, If he goes, isn't healthy enough to get 100% of the work, so I'd say that gets Boone a 50% work floor @ Min

If Mattison doesn't go, or is super limited, Boone's work floor jumps to 70-85% of the work. 

If you play Boone I think you get 50% of the work, the work is against GB, on MNF, [...] I think it's a good gamble. 

stranger danger ... Alexander & Boone will alternate series each having making each ineffective.
Ameer & Ham are the two cogs this week.
Ham is getting the goal line work while Ameer will be catching passes from Captain Kirk  

39 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

stranger danger ... Alexander & Boone will alternate series each having making each ineffective.
Ameer & Ham are the two cogs this week.
Ham is getting the goal line work while Ameer will be catching passes from Captain Kirk  

I'm gonna bet Mattison doesn't play and If he does, he won't be able to handle 50% of the work on a bum wheel.