Motown_Magic

Mike Boone 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, Greg83 said:

Where are we ranking Boone vs likes of Chubb, Mixon, Drake etc if Cook and Mattison both sit?

This has been part of the question for me here too, Boone or Drake. After fighting over this all day yesterday, as long as Cook or Mattison are out, i am going Boone. 

The guy actually has more receiving chops than we realize. Played WR in HS, preseason darling back to back years, averaged 4.8YPC this year in preseason on 40+ carries. Carried the rock well last week after Cook went down. His vision was his biggest knock coming out of college and all signs and evidence point to the fact he has matured and grown in this aspect, hitting various cutback lanes last week etc. He also grinds out the "tough" extra few yards, which i think should stabilize the floor a bit here. 

I pray I am right here. Below is a die-hard Vikes fan who summarizes the Vikes RB situation going into this week. Obviously some bias here but i do think he knows more about his team than we would, nice little 5 min watch.

I got Cook out and Mattison on the wrong side of doiubtful. 

If by SNF Mattison is in, I'll pivot. Halfway home. 

Trophy.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It's Boone, Derrick Henry or AJ Brown for me in 0.5PPR...very tough decision but I'm leaning Boone right now. Assuming Cook and Mattison are out before Sundays early games - there isn't a better situation you're looking for in the Finals... 

projections-1.jpg.0202de0ef1b761dd720c55761a8be815.jpg

Edited by remark900

The real key here is if Cook and Mattison are both ruled out.  I'm feeling pretty good Cook will be ruled out but I don't know about Mattison yet.

If Mattison is active, I just can't start Boone.  We're probably looking at a 3 way timeshare in that case and Mattison is pretty good.  Just too much risk for me there.

If Mattison is out, we're left with Boone and Abdullah and things obviously look much better.

The real problem is that Monday game though.  If either Cook or Mattison are GTD's, it really muddy's the waters.  I can't let other pretty decent options in my lineup pass by to take a blind shot on Boone.

I'm just hoping we see DNP for Cook and Mattison the next two days and a formal rule out on Saturday.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, remark900 said:

It's Boone, Derrick Henry or AJ Brown for me in 0.5PPR...very tough decision but I'm leaning Boone right now. Assuming Cook and Mattison are out before Sundays early games - there isn't a better situation you're looking for in the Finals... 

lol love the colored chart. Can spot a baseball guy a mile away 😉 

Henry is the play my man.    Don’t get cute.   I’m starting Boone in my standard flex spot-  but not a chance you bench Henry ever 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Listening to local sports radio.  Guy is also the play by play voice for Vikings.

Sounds like there's no way they're playing Cook.

Vikings winning division is very doubtful.  They'd have to beat GB Monday night, beat Chicago the following week, and GB would also have to lose to the Lions on the last week, and would have the division hanging on it.  No way they lose that game.

So Vikings are likely in the playoffs, with no realistic chance of winning the division.

They'll sit Cook for remainder of season.  No point in risking injury.

Now...Mattison.....don't know.

Edited by fruitjacket

6 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

Listening to local sports radio.  Guy is also the play by play voice for Vikings.

Vikings winning division is very doubtful.  They'd have to beat GB Monday night, beat Chicago the following week, and GB would also have to lose to the Lions on the last week, and would have the division hanging on it.  No way they lose that game.

So Vikings are likely in the playoffs, with no realistic chance of winning the division.

Yeah, Mattison is the key for me.

If he can't get in at least a limited practice today he could very well be ruled out Saturday.  If he gets in a limited practice though and it is the dreaded GTD, just no way I'm rolling with Boone.

Frankly, there's really no reason to mess around with him either though.  Why not let him rest up?  They'd be fine with Boone/Abdullah and that passing game.

8 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

They will need some combination of Cook and/or Mattison for the playoffs. I just don't see MIN having enough success with Boone coming out of the backfield against the top NFC teams. 

It makes sense to rest both and have them as healthy as possible for the playoffs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, remark900 said:

where did you get this from?

15 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Wishful thinking. Boone is not Dalvin Cook. 

No, he's not.  But Boone has NO mileage on him this year.  Fresh legs in week 15 is huge.

And Boone has been a preseason stud here for 2 years.  The Vikings are LOADED at RB.  It's ridiculous.

I would expect Boone to put up 90% of what Cook would.  There's not that much of a dropoff.

Rule these two our already Zimmer! Stop playing games. We know what's up. As does your competition.

17 minutes ago, Ryedog1987 said:

I'm beginning to think Zimmer hates fantasy football

You should have already known that with all the Thielen shinanigans this year.

Reminder:  If the Rams lose on Saturday, the Vikings are locked into the playoffs.  I think that would make their decision to sit Cook and/or Mattison much easier.  

• Like 1