Motown_Magic

Mike Boone 2019 Outlook

If you have Boone and Mattison and Mattison is ruled active, which guy do you throw in there?

11 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

If you have Boone and Mattison and Mattison is ruled active, which guy do you throw in there?

Good question.

I have both and I'm thinking of standing pat with the MN backfield but then I'd need to make a decision.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Boone, not close. Sorry but supposedly high ankle sprain and limited practice with individual drills only is not an endorsement of confidence. If he's even active I bet it's for emergency purposes.

• Like 3

This is such a risky play that could for some win your league or lose it. Wouldn’t be a huge deal if it wasn’t the very last game of the week. I have both Mattison and Boone stashed but if both active there could be so many different outcomes. 

Mattison won't play with the high ankle sprain. Just Zimmer not trying to tip his hand that Boone plays. I benched perriman for him and have mattison also. Hopefully he balls out

• Haha 1

Sucks that this is the Monday night game.  I don’t think I’m going to take the risk on Boone with Mattison not ruled out.  Good luck to those who do.  

17 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Sucks that this is the Monday night game.  I don’t think I’m going to take the risk on Boone with Mattison not ruled out.  Good luck to those who do.  

Wish me luck need Homer as Watson put me behind 8 ball. Rolling with boone!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I think I’m still going Boone.  Is there a chance Mattison is ruled out tomorrow?

Probably not.  Official in or out will likely come 90 minutes before kick off.  There is a chance we may hear something more definite from a reliable source earlier.  But with things as they are now I’ve got a solid option playing Sunday that I will be rolling with.  If betting I’d guess Mattison is out but it’s too big of a gamble in the championship game for me.    

35 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I think I’m still going Boone.  Is there a chance Mattison is ruled out tomorrow?

Probably not, but just remember just because he is active doesn't mean he will be the starter or even play. I'd worry more about Abdullah or Ham or them not giving Boone the work we expect. I need the upside of 100 rushing yards and a TD after the clunker this morning between Tampa/Houston so I'd advise anyone else who does to stick with the plan.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, aapox said:

Probably not, but just remember just because he is active doesn't mean he will be the starter or even play. I'd worry more about Abdullah or Ham or them not giving Boone the work we expect. I need the upside of 100 rushing yards and a TD after the clunker this morning between Tampa/Houston so I'd advise anyone else who does to stick with the plan.

agreed.   Mattison has a high ankle sprain so he’s not a threat anymore than a random COP getting a small amount of work.   Boone 15+ touches is a reasonable expectation 

Edited by Impreza178

11 minutes ago, Ryedog1987 said:

Kamara was a 3rd stringer at one point...

Yep......Means nothing with a young talent who hasn’t gotten a shot.   And I remember a 3rd string Tim Hightower winning me a ship a few seasons back.  

The Min lead back is almost a must start-  they’re too good running.   

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

agreed.   Mattison has a high ankle sprain so he’s not a threat anymore than a random COP getting a small amount of work.   Boone 15+ touches is a reasonable expectation 

Has the high ankle sprain actually been confirmed or is that just from the Dr Chao post?  

mattison does not concern me given this offenses ability for high volume rushing attacks, his injury won't allow for a competent rushing attack, ameer getting passing down work and the fullback gl work concern me

3 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Has the high ankle sprain actually been confirmed or is that just from the Dr Chao post?  

Confirmed.  He did light work and partially stretched for the first time in almost 2 weeks in practice.  Officially questionable.  

Someone is getting a handful of carries behind Boone-  don’t really care who.   

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

mattison does not concern me given this offenses ability for high volume rushing attacks, his injury won't allow for a competent rushing attack, ameer getting passing down work and the fullback gl work concern me

Did fullback get the 2 tds last week?

Scary start 4 sho, but rolling him out there💀

Dropped Mostert today and and playing Boone, if Mattison is a go, might play Washington instead of Boone.  Good luck to both!

Just read this:  (Don't know how legit it is)

"Mattison did go through some drills on Saturday and was limited in practice overall. He’s dealing with a high ankle sprain, and his status may ride on whether or not the Vikings have a playoff spot locked up by the time they take the field on Monday night. If the Los Angeles Rams lose on Saturday night and the Vikings are assured of a spot in the postseason, it wouldn’t be surprising to see both Mattison and Cook sit out of this game and the regular season finale against Chicago to allow them to heal up. Mattison might still be a scratch for Monday anyway, but he would definitely be a scratch if the Vikings were no longer worried about securing a playoff spot".

source: https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/12/21/21033056/minnesota-vikings-final-injury-report-dalvin-cook-out-alexander-mattison-questionable

5 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Just read this:  (Don't know how legit it is)

"Mattison did go through some drills on Saturday and was limited in practice overall. He’s dealing with a high ankle sprain, and his status may ride on whether or not the Vikings have a playoff spot locked up by the time they take the field on Monday night. If the Los Angeles Rams lose on Saturday night and the Vikings are assured of a spot in the postseason, it wouldn’t be surprising to see both Mattison and Cook sit out of this game and the regular season finale against Chicago to allow them to heal up. Mattison might still be a scratch for Monday anyway, but he would definitely be a scratch if the Vikings were no longer worried about securing a playoff spot".

source: https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/12/21/21033056/minnesota-vikings-final-injury-report-dalvin-cook-out-alexander-mattison-questionable

I think this is the key:

We’ll have to see if the Vikings make a move to bring running back Tony Brooks-James up from the practice squad in the next 24 hours or so. Right now, the Vikings have Mike Boone and Ameer Abdullah on the running back depth chart, as well as fullback C.J. Ham.

If they bring up somebody from the practice squad Mattison will not be a threat.