decodeddreams

Title Game WR Dilemma WHIR

Recommended Posts

I can't decide on my final WR spot. It's either Kupp vs a tough defense or Chark vs ATL but he has a chance to re-aggravate his ankle. 

I have 2 other Rams player that I have to use (Higbee and Gurley) and my other WR is Sutton. I know everyone is expecting Rams to get punched in the mouth but if they can somehow miraculously channel their title contending offense from last year that would be amazing (wishful thinking).    

 

Rams play Saturday as well so won't be able to swap on Sunday. 

Edited by decodeddreams
forgot to add sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chark wants 1000 yards this season.....only 44 yards away.

 

He WANTS to play, and Minshew is going to help him.....ATL could not be an easier target to blow up against.      I love Kupp, but with his current usage......you have to go with Chark.....logically

 

Funny, thing....I have the same dilemma, and am favoring Kupp.      I know that does not make sense.....  Instinct vs logic.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Chark wants 1000 yards this season.....only 44 yards away.

 

He WANTS to play, and Minshew is going to help him.....ATL could not be an easier target to blow up against.      I love Kupp, but with his current usage......you have to go with Chark.....logically

 

Funny, thing....I have the same dilemma, and am favoring Kupp.      I know that does not make sense.....  Instinct vs logic.

I agree and I know Chark wants those yards, I'm nervous if he somehow gets injured early then it's done lol. I still can't decide lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Who is your pivot from Chark in case he ends up being ruled out?

2) Do you have options at TE outside of Higbee?

Unless you feel like you have a big edge in your matchup, which I'd assume you don't, I think you have to play Chark. Kupp has no ceiling lately and playing 3 rams on the road, again, after they just flopped against a worse defense really hurts your ceiling. I know fantasy and NFL is week to week and things change, but what confidence can you have in the Rams really showing up? Even less than 100%, with Jax chasing points with their awful D, Chark has 100 and 1-2 TD potential. I just don't see that there any more for Kupp barring some fluky change in scheme.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aapox said:

1) Who is your pivot from Chark in case he ends up being ruled out?

2) Do you have options at TE outside of Higbee?

Unless you feel like you have a big edge in your matchup, which I'd assume you don't, I think you have to play Chark. Kupp has no ceiling lately and playing 3 rams on the road, again, after they just flopped against a worse defense really hurts your ceiling. I know fantasy and NFL is week to week and things change, but what confidence can you have in the Rams really showing up? Even less than 100%, with Jax chasing points with their awful D, Chark has 100 and 1-2 TD potential. I just don't see that there any more for Kupp barring some fluky change in scheme.

 

 

Perfectly reasonable.   I agree

 

Still.......Kupp has started every game for me this season.  Seems like bad Karma to bench him now.       For myself this is a tough call.   ...For OP, well...he is relying to heavily in the Rams....If they have a bad week his entire season is lost.

HIgbee and Kupp play the same role, one will suffer and loses touches and lately it has been Kupp.

 

Hence for OP, ( and me if in same situation)   I would be starting Chark.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aapox said:

1) Who is your pivot from Chark in case he ends up being ruled out?

2) Do you have options at TE outside of Higbee?

Unless you feel like you have a big edge in your matchup, which I'd assume you don't, I think you have to play Chark. Kupp has no ceiling lately and playing 3 rams on the road, again, after they just flopped against a worse defense really hurts your ceiling. I know fantasy and NFL is week to week and things change, but what confidence can you have in the Rams really showing up? Even less than 100%, with Jax chasing points with their awful D, Chark has 100 and 1-2 TD potential. I just don't see that there any more for Kupp barring some fluky change in scheme.

Great points made, thank you. Outside Sutton who I'm starting I have Golladay who I don't feel comfortable playing either. Then for TE I have Giesiki or can pick up Rudolph, O. Howard, Witten. Slim pickings out there lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kupp hasn't done much lately. The TD he got last week was in garbage time. Rams have a lot of other weapons. I'd lean Chark.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

 

 

Perfectly reasonable.   I agree

 

Still.......Kupp has started every game for me this season.  Seems like bad Karma to bench him now.       For myself this is a tough call.   ...For OP, well...he is relying to heavily in the Rams....If they have a bad week his entire season is lost.

HIgbee and Kupp play the same role, one will suffer and loses touches and lately it has been Kupp.

 

Hence for OP, ( and me if in same situation)   I would be starting Chark.

 

 

I think last week I got lucky with all the garbage points late in the game that help me win the ppr format. Even if they get blown out and they get some tds between Kupp, Higbee, Gurley that would help. Again, super risky and not feeling confident lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Q Dog said:

Kupp hasn't done much lately. The TD he got last week was in garbage time. Rams have a lot of other weapons. I'd lean Chark.

 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

Great points made, thank you. Outside Sutton who I'm starting I have Golladay who I don't feel comfortable playing either. Then for TE I have Giesiki or can pick up Rudolph, O. Howard, Witten. Slim pickings out there lol

 

Thanks - happy to give input. This is the level of strategy I love talking through, because it matters. I don't believe in the "Start the guys who you think will score the most" belief, because we don't know who will score the most. We can only make educated guesses.

Honestly, I know it's painful and risky, but if I were you I would pick up Howard and play him. Brate is there but Howard is now the most talented receiver on that team and they're not about to stop throwing. I just don't like Higbee's situation against a tough defense and with Everett coming back. He's had 3 straight 100 yard games, but you can't expect that to continue. In Championship week, I'm shooting high. That also allows you to start Kupp over Chark and not have to worry about the injury risk...granted, that's still a tough call either way.

In short, I don't think there's any way you can play all 3 Rams unless you're filling the rest of your roster with some sort of Watson/Jackson, McCaffery/Saquon type talent. Find a way for you to not do that that still feels good, imo.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aapox said:

 

Thanks - happy to give input. This is the level of strategy I love talking through, because it matters. I don't believe in the "Start the guys who you think will score the most" belief, because we don't know who will score the most. We can only make educated guesses.

Honestly, I know it's painful and risky, but if I were you I would pick up Howard and play him. Brate is there but Howard is now the most talented receiver on that team and they're not about to stop throwing. I just don't like Higbee's situation against a tough defense and with Everett coming back. He's had 3 straight 100 yard games, but you can't expect that to continue. In Championship week, I'm shooting high. That also allows you to start Kupp over Chark and not have to worry about the injury risk...granted, that's still a tough call either way.

In short, I don't think there's any way you can play all 3 Rams unless you're filling the rest of your roster with some sort of Watson/Jackson, McCaffery/Saquon type talent. Find a way for you to not do that that still feels good, imo.

Rest of the roster is Wilson, Carson, Fournette, Sutton. Just notice outside of 2 Seahawks, it could either be 2 Jags or 2 or 3 Rams lol. Appreciate the help and the details though, totally makes sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, decodeddreams said:

Rest of the roster is Wilson, Carson, Fournette, Sutton. Just notice outside of 2 Seahawks, it could either be 2 Jags or 2 or 3 Rams lol. Appreciate the help and the details though, totally makes sense!

I like Howard and Kupp then. But if you feel good about Higbee i get that it's a tough risk to take, but I really feel like Howard has more upside than Higbee this week and similar floor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, aapox said:

I like Howard and Kupp then. But if you feel good about Higbee i get that it's a tough risk to take, but I really feel like Howard has more upside than Higbee this week and similar floor.

Thanks, I agree Howard has potentional this week with Evans and Godwin out. The hope would be Winston targets him a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, decodeddreams said:

Great points made, thank you. Outside Sutton who I'm starting I have Golladay who I don't feel comfortable playing either. Then for TE I have Giesiki or can pick up Rudolph, O. Howard, Witten. Slim pickings out there lol

I would roll Howard and then go Kupp

With Everett back I’m nervous about Higbee’s volume.

 

If you have to play Higbee then I’d go Chark to diversify.

Edited by RLDN106
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tdogg1 said:

i would go with  Chark I don't want to play 3 rams players vs the 49ers

I think I'm leaning OJ Howard over Higbee. Tough choice but I'm not sure how much play time Everett will take up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

I would roll Howard and then go Kupp

With Everett back I’m nervous about Higbee’s volume.

 

If you have to play Higbee then I’d go Chark to diversify.

Thanks, and I agree I have to somehow narrow it down to 2 Rams players this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

Thanks, and I agree I have to somehow narrow it down to 2 Rams players this week.

For what it’s worth, I’m going to the Rams game tomorrow and will be rooting against all of them (Niners fan).

 

Apologies in advance! 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.