Johnny Rico

By the end of the season, how many of the players on your team came from the draft?

10 hours ago, Johnny Rico said:

I'm curious as to how much player turnover teams experienced during the season, particularly for those who successfully managed their squads.  I am fortunate enough to be playing for the championship, but looking back I am shocked to realize that only three players are left from my original squad (Chubb, Dalvin, and Brees).  At 3/15, that's only 20%.

I wonder if most successful teams drafted well, trade actively, or work the waiver wire.  

One thing to probably look at as well would be the percentage of projected points from drafted players in your starting lineup vs non-drafted players. I would say that a lot of rosters probably have a decent amount of turnover, but a lot of these pickups are probably just filling the bottom half the their rosters / bench slots. The top players were likely drafted in most cases.

6/16 were players I drafted.

Only 3 guys that I drafted are in my starting lineup for my championship game. They were my first three picks as well: Hopkins, Kelce and Mahomes. My fourth pick was Godwin who I wish was still starting and my fifth pick was Golladay whose matchup I hate. Yeah, I went zero-RB.

• Thanks 1

I'm in the championship with only three out of fifteen that I drafted.

Through waivers and trades, the only drafted players still on my team are McCaffrey, Kelce and Amari Cooper. 

11 of 16 overall, and 6 of 9 starters this week.  16-teamer, so there wasn't much on the wire most of the year.

12 team, Superflex, Half-PPR, Championship matchup
8/16 drafted (50%)
6/10 in starting lineup (60%, Wilson, Gallup, Barkley, Kamara, Ertz, Butker) - Non drafted starters = Tannehill, Metcalf, A. Miller, KC Chiefs
2/6 on bench (33%, R. Anderson, Hyde)

12 team, Half-PPR, 3rd place matchup
7/16 drafted (44%)
5/9 in starting lineup (56%, Wentz, Cooper, Kamara, Gurley, Waller) - Non drafted starters = McLaurin, Perriman, Boone, SEA Seahawks
2/7 on bench (29%, Bell, Crowder)

12 team, Superflex, Half PPR, 3rd place matchup
9/15 drafted (60%)
8/11 in starting lineup (73%, Wilson, Prescott, Gallup, Golladay, McCaffrey, Gordon, Ertz, Kirk) - Non drafted starters = K. Allen (trade), Butker, SEA Seahawks
1/4 on bench (25%, D. Cook)

Made it to the ‘Ship in both my leagues, mainly because of strong drafts... my trades didn’t really work out that well this year.

12-Team Standard:

7/14 Drafted: Lamar, CMC, Fournette, Godwin, Kittle, T. Boyd, Lutz

10-Team 0.5 PPR:

7/15 Drafted: Jameis, Chubb, Fournette, Hopkins, Godwin, D. Singletary, Ravens DST

Drafted Godwin and Fournette on both my teams, which worked out well.  This is a much higher percentage than I usually have at the end of the season.

7 out of 10 for this championship week.   My championship team Is the one I basically drafted , so having a good draft is essential.

The real drop-off is on my bench.     Only 8 out of 16 on my entire team are draft picks. . So half my team is free agents or waiver wire.       ...Godwin is on my bench as a keeper, and is the only one I drafted from day one. 

That is where I am at.

Edited by Sivaro

In the finals with 5 players that i originally drafted (Wentz, Julio, Carson, Gordon, JuJu). Not starting JuJu though

In Yahoo! finals with 5 draft picks:

CMC (Rd 1, 3rd overall)
Thielen (3, 27)
Jacobs (4, 46) *dropped this week

Dak (11, 123)

NE Def (14, 166)

And 52 moves later here we are ...

Including keepers I previously drafted, 7 total, 4 starters w/ 3 bench pieces. In the ship two years in a row. 

5 players but 1 is Tony Pollard and he's been passed around the league a bit. The other is Jarvis Landry and I've only started him like twice.

10 including bench, but I held Chark and Evans through their injuries just because. For the starters only big change was dropping Gay for Gonzalez early on.

Deep bench dynasty so a lot of players are held, but playing for third place game and currentlt starting 6 out of nine waiver pickups. Might go as high as 7 by tomorrow. Fitz, Washington, Perriman, higbee, Hollister, Steelers. 

Chubb

M Sanders

Latavius

Julio

Godwin 

Theilen

Lutz

Traded for;

Zeke

Jacobs

OBJ

Singletary

Deshaun Watson

Wire;

Waller

AJ Brown

Shepard

I really hit and drafted DJ / Chubb / Aaron Jones / Moore / Godwin / Ridley / Lamar / Gallup / Hooper / Ronald Jones / Chark. 

Until the finals I was just starting guys from my draft but this week finally got overtaken with injuries and started Perriman, and will probably start Boone over Chark / Gallup.

2/16 drafted.

I acquired 5 players via trades (dumped 2)

The other 9 waiver wire (including churning the roster)

This is the most i have ever retained and should have kept more.    

I went Chubb,  Hill,   Kerryon ( horrible pick),  Carson,  Cooper Kupp,  DJ Moore,   Austin Hooper,  Christian Kirk,  Jameis Winston,  Trubisky,  Myles Jack,  Michael Gallup,  Zach Cunninham,  Everson Griffen,   Buffalo Defense,  Singletary,  Jessie bates and mason Crosby. 

I dropped  DJ Moore, C Kirk, Gallup,  and Singletary during the year...... Looking back i regret those choices but still made it to the big game.  Kerryon was a complete garbage pick in the 3rd round.   I also picked up Walller before the season started and worked a trade for Guice..... and Guice immediately got injured.   

In the end I had Chubb, Hill, Carson, Kupp, Hooper, Winston left.... so 6 of my original draft picks 

9/16 were still on my roster.  5/9 were in my line up for the championship.  3/4 waiver adds were picked up off the waiver wire in the final week and played in only one game, the championship game.  Indy D, Goedert and McLaurin.  I will win unless Boone or Mattison, Thielen, Bailey score 69 points tonight.

Josh Allen (although I benched him in the last two games)
Nick Chubb, Chris Carson, Miles Sanders, Matt Breida
Davante Adams, Chris Godwin, Emmanuel Sanders
Mark Andrews

Edited by dropshadows

5 or so- Winston, Godwin, Carson, Chubb, davante Adams.

Yeah the championship round is pretty bad but still have a shot.

Drafting a healthy 3-5 player core can really stabilize your season 

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

5 or so- Winston, Godwin, Carson, Chubb, davante Adams.

Yeah the championship round is pretty bad but still have a shot.

Drafting a healthy 3-5 player core can really stabilize your season 

Wow, haha that's 4 players that I have as well. What a painful tandem of Chubb/Carson for this week. Tonight will be stressful.

39 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Wow, haha that's 4 players that I have as well. What a painful tandem of Chubb/Carson for this week. Tonight will be stressful.

Definitely a volatile year with some stability. Could've been worse and could've drafted complete busts.

I guess just hold on and keep the faith if you have solid producers yet volatility if you drafted OK. You can plug in holes to offset volatility.

Wish this season didn't have to end because I just want one more bite at the apple. Now a long off-season trying to fill the void 

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Definitely a volatile year with some stability. Could've been worse and could've drafted complete busts.

I guess just hold on and keep the faith if you have solid producers yet volatility if you drafted OK. You can plug in holes to offset volatility.

Wish this season didn't have to end because I just want one more bite at the apple. Now a long off-season trying to fill the void 

I hear you. It's almost time to wipe the memory slate clean.

This was probably the best draft I had in years in this league, which is pretty competitive. I got complicit on the wire a few times. Drafted Baker, dropped him for Stafford after Week 3.