wisegeeks

Shabazz Napier 2019-2020 Outlook

"Shabazz Napier dropped a season-high 27 points (10-of-17 FGs, 4-of-5 FTs) in a 137-134 overtime loss to the Bucks on Monday to go with seven assists, four rebounds, two steals and three triples in 36 minutes."

Before the game, coach Scott Brooks said moving Ish Smith back to the bench was "under consideration," so the timing couldn't have been better for this outburst from Napier. But even if Smith sticks with the starting five, there was plenty of overlap between the two PGs tonight and it helps that Troy Brown Jr. and Jerome Robinson have been eerily quiet. Napier played 19 or fewer minutes in his previous four games and was held to single-digit points in three of those, but if you need a PG he's worth a look with a potential lineup change brewing.

Source: Rotoworld

Edited by NBA_OG

Wizards have a 4-4-3 playoff schedule. He's a must own guy right now in my opinion - just to see how it plays out. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie
  • Like 2

I scooped him up in most leagues after the trade, then was somewhat dismayed at first.  But his offense is bananas and the Wiz are crap and play a high pace...so hopefully this is the start of a good run.

7 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

FInally! Will keep a close eye on tonight’s game 

Long time coming.

Finally ! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Yep might be dropping KPJ for this guy after tonights game

Yep, this is who I'm looking at too.  Thankfully Cleveland also plays at 7 so we can move quick if it looks like KPJ isn't going to be as consistent as we hoped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

Still a hold for me. Gonna see how this plays out the next few games.

Agreed. He took 15 shots tonight, 17 last game, so he clearly has the green light. I'll be holding as well, especially since he has a lovely playoff schedule (if yours start on week 22).

• Like 1

This gonna be a fun ride. The Bazz is back. March is where the magic happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dont know whata f uck am I doing anymore... add Dieng ... drop Dieng... add Giles... drop KPJ... add Napier... drop Giles... drop Naz... add Melton

He has a some talent. He just can't shoot some nights. The lack of consistency from night to night makes him hard to roster in 12 team leagues, very well start and depend on him for a week.

Imo he’s like a more volatile version of satoransky. Higher ceiling but will also wreck your fg% on some nights whereas Sato is a bit more steady in that regard. Their overall numbers are quite similar. Given their situations (wiz way better PO schedule) and a bit of uncertainty with satos long term outlook with lauri and porter coming back I would rather take Shabs.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I dont know whata f uck am I doing anymore... add Dieng ... drop Dieng... add Giles... drop KPJ... add Napier... drop Giles... drop Naz... add Melton

That is the madness that is week 18-21 of the season....right there with u 😭

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

Imo he’s like a more volatile version of satoransky. Higher ceiling but will also wreck your fg% on some nights whereas Sato is a bit more steady in that regard. Their overall numbers are quite similar. Given their situations (wiz way better PO schedule) and a bit of uncertainty with satos long term outlook with lauri and porter coming back I would rather take Shabs.

So true. Bazz has 11 games vs Satoransky 9 games in the playoff weeks (week22-24). Also thinking of making the change. Actually glad Bazz didn’t blow up yesterday so I can contemplate the move another day or two. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

So true. Bazz has 11 games vs Satoransky 9 games in the playoff weeks (week22-24). Also thinking of making the change. Actually glad Bazz didn’t blow up yesterday so I can contemplate the move another day or two. 

Powell or this guy? Don't need the assists