wisegeeks

Shabazz Napier 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, raaYUU said:

Hopefully Teague is dealt with and they let napier take over the point

Napier been starting for some weeks now. Teague is about to be fazed out completely.

• Like 1

has been quietly balling the eff out with 4 x 20 point games in a row

Teague only played 17 mins on his return so you imagine that number will eventually increase a little

41 minutes ago, GreekFreak23 said:

He is killiing it right now. Drop Ish Smith for him?

random PG's turning it on 

Hard to say since they're both killing it lol. Maybe you can drop for your next worse player instead and then just drop either one when they fall off? Either way, they both have 3 games left for the week.

10 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

Norman or Shabazz 

I'm not really much of a believer that Shabazz is a long term option so Shabazz if you need him this week and Norman otherwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

I'm not really much of a believer that Shabazz is a long term option so Shabazz if you need him this week and Norman otherwise.

I know this is the Napier thread, but forgive me for thinking of Shabazz Muhammad when I first read your post. 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jackdean33 said:

Will he still be worth picking up when Wiggins and KAT back to full production? 

he was really good off the bench in early November with nice per minute lines and ran into some sickness and injury issues that derailed his momentum. Minnesota started playing culver a lot more and it resulted in losses. Now they’re starting Napier and playing really well, winning and also competing with top teams (Milwaukee). Wiggins and KAT will eat into his shots quite a bit, but he’ll still be a very nice bench PG option with points, threes, assists, and steals. Just don’t be expecting 20 plus and 7 with KAT healthy, he’ll be a much more serviceable 12 and 5 and 1 steal 2 threes type.

for those asking about ish vs Napier, since Teague is a trade candidate, Napier makes more sense. He’s also younger and this is his first real crack at real production with no one in his way, he’s always had friendly per minute lines in both Miami and Portland when he got a chance. 

Ish has value since he’s pretty much nullifying Thomas moving forward. For him to sustain value he needs to overtake Thomas’ minutes completely to the tune of 28 to 30 the rest of the way. That being said, top 100 sustainable 12 team value hinges on the return of Beal. If Beal at some point shuts it down, he should be a must roster the rest of the way unless he totally falls off, but this system brooks is running is strangely turning players who are otherwise having a pedestrian season into fantasy studs when it focuses in on them in the offense (brown, bertans, McRae, and now Ish).

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Thanks 1

He’s cold tonight.. Teague’s played equal minutes so far and has 16 and 5. Lol. Will keep holding but this was meh. 

Ended the game with Teague playing 28 min, 7/14 from the field (2-4 3s) for 18 pts 6 asts 2 stls

Napier ended with 24 min 2-10 from the field (1-7 3s) for 6 pts 3 reb 4 asts 1 stl. 

Meh bleh I knew I shouldn't have gotten suckered into this one

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Meh bleh I knew I shouldn't have gotten suckered into this one

Beer goggles. 

Good sign he started, no? I might hold onto for the remaining games of the week. But another game like this, and I’ll have to move on.

Does everyone expect Teague to be healthy and playing throughout a losing season?

Definitelt no, so hold.

I've become a believer in the last stretch--more so that Teague looks frozen in carbonite than anything. I just can't see any coach playing Teague over Napier for the rest of this season unless he likes unemployment cheques.

Teague doesn't seem to have that burst to get by a defender on offense. And he was passing wide open 3pt shots last night.  I don't think he really believes in his offensive game anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

Teague traded to ATL. Add Napier

Source?

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

Source?

woj

image.png.5ca6f876df83ba101de6d74039341128.png

Edited by bballshinobi
  • Thanks 1