wisegeeks

Shabazz Napier 2019-2020 Outlook

Culver is their future. Its clear they want to develop him and hes been playing a lot better. This is what Napier 7th season? Hes never been special why would they want to just give him the keys to run their offense?

Wow. Some haven't paid attention to the T'Wolves at all. Culver has been starting at the 2. 

• Haha 1

Is it possible that they were trying to get something better for Teague from Indiana? I don't think there's any guarantee that they're committed to adding a PG necessarily. 

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Wow. Some haven't paid attention to the T'Wolves at all. Culver has been starting at the 2. 

Meaning no changes in his value? 

1 minute ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Culver is their future. Its clear they want to develop him and hes been playing a lot better. This is what Napier 7th season? Hes never been special why would they want to just give him the keys to run their offense?

I don't think they are handing anybody the key to the offense. The offense is built around KAT, so they just need players who are capable of running  P&R, pass, and shoot. Teague has been criticized quite a bit this year for not be able to deliver the ball to KAT, so it's not very surprising he got traded. 

I don't think Culver's stats go up a lot. You don't want his volume to go up anyways, the more he does the more he hurts you fantasy-wise if you are in category league. Napier was most likley a FA in your league, so until TWovles gets a new starting PG then you have to assume his minutes increase. He was a much better fantasy player than Culver when he was playing 30 mins a game with Wiggins out. 

It's not like TWolves have a lot of assets to acquire a good PG either. 

Just now, Gdupm6 said:

Yup. Culver is the same. Napier boost. Both adds.

• Like 1

If they can't get a good PG then Napier is a solid ROS piece. I took the plunge.

The difficult question to answer is whether Covington can fetch the young PG they want. I would think that it's mostly contenders who want Covington, and I doubt many of them have young PGs, so it would have to be a three team trade. Cross your fingers that nothing further happens lol.

Just now, Gdupm6 said:

With this trade alone, yep, no change.

however, i cant wrap my head around the trade tho in twolves perspective. Teague is an expiring, and graham is a rotation player at least. Gotta be worth at least a 2nd rounder. Why trade for allen fxxking crabbe? You have okogie and culver that you need to develop and you get another sg? I just dont get it

If anything, Napier is a good streamer until the Wolves add more PG depth. I think he’s literally the only one on the roster as of rn.

Just now, simon said:

With this trade alone, yep, no change.

however, i cant wrap my head around the trade tho in twolves perspective. Teague is an expiring, and graham is a rotation player at least. Gotta be worth at least a 2nd rounder. Why trade for allen fxxking crabbe? You have okogie and culver that you need to develop and you get another sg? I just dont get it

They really lack shooting. Allen Crabbe is average but one thing he does do well is shoot (career 39%  3pt). Covington is streaky, Wiggins and Okogie are below average. When they were playing well early this season they had at least 1 more credible shooter in Jake Layman (yes... that's how sad it is) so the spacing was better. When Teague, Culver, Wiggins are on the floor, you don't really have to pay attention to them behind the 3pt line

1 minute ago, bballshinobi said:

They really lack shooting. Allen Crabbe is average but one thing he does do well is shoot (career 39%  3pt). Covington is streaky, Wiggins and Okogie are below average. When they were playing well early this season they had at least 1 more credible shooter in Jake Layman (yes... that's how sad it is) so the spacing was better. When Teague, Culver, Wiggins are on the floor, you don't really have to pay attention to them behind the 3pt line

Sounds like crabbe is a threat to culver’s minutes when you put it like that

• Like 1

Just now, simon said:

Well, I think they will try to stagger Culver and Wiggins a little bit more, since they are also trying to make Wiggins into a playmaker, which is the dumbest thing in my opinion because Wiggins just doesn't have the basketball IQ to be the primary ballhandler. Culver's volume will be fine since his all-around game was his biggest strength before the draft, and Wovles obviously want to develop that. 

If Shabazz can remain the starting point guard, his combination of good shooting and playmaking will make him a good fit next to KAT and Wiggins, regardless how they want to mix the lineup. 

3 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

Well, I think they will try to stagger Culver and Wiggins a little bit more, since they are also trying to make Wiggins into a playmaker, which is the dumbest thing in my opinion because Wiggins just doesn't have the basketball IQ to be the primary ballhandler. Culver's volume will be fine since his all-around game was his biggest strength before the draft, and Wovles obviously want to develop that. 

If Shabazz can remain the starting point guard, his combination of good shooting and playmaking will make him a good fit next to KAT and Wiggins, regardless how they want to mix the lineup. 

Not sold on how they will use crabbe, but right now your insight is probably the closest to reality given what we know right now. I still think wolves couldve gotten more than just allen crabbe for Teague’s expiring. They got fleeced.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, simon said:

Not a chance. Crabbe is garbage. 

This was a flexibility move to create a roster spot. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

Wiggins is a joke of a playmaker, he's a pure scorer. But to touch on an earlier point you made about Culver and his %'s . I have him rostered mainly for his stocks & 3's, his pts & boards are just extra .  Which should be the case for just about everyone else in a category league . If not... your just doing it wrong. And his FG% has been way better as of late , so he won't help you or hurt you there .  FT% is his kryptonite

27 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Timbs want DSJ per RW.

Tibs got fired didn’t he? Ooops, totally read this wrong. You said Timberwolves, not Tibs. If Tibs was coaching again he’d play Napier the whole 48 minutes. Lmao.

Edited by NoahsArc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bballshinobi said:

I don't think they are handing anybody the key to the offense. The offense is built around KAT, so they just need players who are capable of running  P&R, pass, and shoot. Teague has been criticized quite a bit this year for not be able to deliver the ball to KAT, so it's not very surprising he got traded. 

I don't think Culver's stats go up a lot. You don't want his volume to go up anyways, the more he does the more he hurts you fantasy-wise if you are in category league. Napier was most likley a FA in your league, so until TWovles gets a new starting PG then you have to assume his minutes increase. He was a much better fantasy player than Culver when he was playing 30 mins a game with Wiggins out. 

It's not like TWolves have a lot of assets to acquire a good PG either. 

Do you think KAT will get any bump in usage or fantasy stats, now that Napier's the main guy at the point (for now)?

8 minutes ago, hoop said:

Do you think KAT will get any bump in usage or fantasy stats, now that Napier's the main guy at the point (for now)?

Probably more TOs and worse FG%.

spacer.png

Exciting trade with huge fantasy implications.....

Teague is still relegated to being a backup

Culver is still a FT% nightmare

Crabbe and Graham are both still irrelevant

Huerter might see a little less playmaking responsibilities, but otherwise will remain the same

The other Hawks/Wolves will remain the same

And Napier is a still a career backup but starting (for now until they get DSJ or someone else) with mostly bad shooting games mixed in with a few good ones

Riveting....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

spacer.png

Huerter might see a little less playmaking responsibilities, but otherwise will remain the same

And Napier is a still a career backup but starting (for now until they get DSJ or someone else) with mostly bad shooting games mixed in with a few good ones

Riveting....

I'm sorry you got beat to the punch. But trade season is just beginning. It'll be more opportunities :)

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

spacer.png

Riveting....

Relax, no one's saying other wise. Everything you said is exactly what everyone is saying. Can't fault everyone being talkative, this is just the 2nd trade since july last year.

6 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I'm sorry you got beat to the punch. But trade season is just beginning. It'll be more opportunities :)

Hahaha.  Beat to what punch?  Why is that always people's response whenever the other person doesn't like a player? 

Teague and Culver are both rostered in my 10 team.  Napier is still available and I have no interest. My lack of interest wasn't clear in my previous post?  

3 hours ago, hoop said:

KAT is a superstar, so he will put up top 5 stats as long as he plays. If the Wolves surround him with more shooters and passers, which seems to be the plan at the moment, then I can see a small uptick in his PPG. However, dude was already averaging 26.5 points so how much more do you want? lol

Not the thread to be talking about KAT, but for KAT to be fully unleashed, they need to get rid of Wiggins. He sucks. 

• Like 1