wisegeeks

Shabazz Napier 2019-2020 Outlook

Bazz should be decent.  But if the Wolves trade for DSJ, they are officially the worst franchise in PG talent evaluation.  They should just play a team without PGs since they clearly don't know what constitutes a good or competent one. 

Hope bazz does good next game i missed out on kornet so hopefully that was divine intervention for me to get shabazz lmao

This weekend has been sobering for those of us who got him. I want to like him, but this is the KAT show until further notice.

3 hours ago, Johnny Tuttle said:

This weekend has been sobering for those of us who got him. I want to like him, but this is the KAT show until further notice.

1 good game, 1 dud game. But even the dud game he kinda filled the stat sheet besides scoring. 

7 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

1 good game, 1 dud game. But even the dud game he kinda filled the stat sheet besides scoring. 

I watched the game. Dude could have had a dozen assists if more shots had fallen. Gonna hold, probably through the deadline. 

• Like 1

Few weeks ago was carrying 7 injuries including marcus smart and his pink eye. 

So of course this week I'm playing the guy who had no injuries, stashed smart and dropped 10 3s on me yesterday 

Guess I'll just go f--- myself then 

3 hours ago, Quazza said:

Few weeks ago was carrying 7 injuries including marcus smart and his pink eye. 

So of course this week I'm playing the guy who had no injuries, stashed smart and dropped 10 3s on me yesterday 

Guess I'll just go f--- myself then 

What does that have to do with Napier?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, 80version said:

What does that have to do with Napier?

Hahaha **** this was meant to be in the vent thread. My bad. 

Ok so back on track ummm hmmm ....he has a cool name 

2 hours ago, Quazza said:

Ok so back on track ummm hmmm ....he has a cool name 

Not only that, but watch his UConn NCAA tournament highlights. You just gotta roster him.

33 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Fill it up, Bazz! 

With bricks

8 assist and 2 steals though so not a total dud

Guess I will hang on for one more game lol. Hopefully the Timberwolves can come back and make Napier feel comfortable in being more aggressive.

On the wire in a deeper league, but I'm still unsure who's the guy to own in this Wolves backcourt, if anybody. Possibly worthwhile until they (if they) trade for a guard?

I'm going to hold for now: I'm missing out on higher upsided guys like Davis or Claxton who don't have this much of a role, but I think it's worth it. Napier's just needs to settle in with a half decent FG% for him to be very useful to us. He can clearly get us steals and assists.

Isn't he a must-own though? Starting PG rest of the way and no real backups to take minutes. Doesn't get carried away with TO's, solid percentages, gets 3s assists stls....doesn't score as much, but am I missing something? About to drop Ish Smith for his a**

21 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Isn't he a must-own though? Starting PG rest of the way and no real backups to take minutes. Doesn't get carried away with TO's, solid percentages, gets 3s assists stls....doesn't score as much, but am I missing something? About to drop Ish Smith for his a**

because the notion is that the Timberwolves are in need of a starting level PG that’s why they are trying to trade for DLo 

Roco + ??? for D'Lo. That'd be so great for the Warriors (Idk Roco's contract situation - too lazy).

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

because the notion is that the Timberwolves are in need of a starting level PG that’s why they are trying to trade for DLo 

Okay, so a trade threat. If nothing happens, he'll be starting PG rest of the way? I'm gonna hold till All Star Break

57 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Okay, so a trade threat. If nothing happens, he'll be starting PG rest of the way? I'm gonna hold till All Star Break

Yeah, just ride it out. Keep in mind Wolves only play 2 games next week, so I'm going to stream his spot after this week. 

• Thanks 2

He's a discount Rubio IMO. Good boards and steals, elite assist. But even least prone to have explosive scoring games because Towns and Wiggins are usage sponges. Poor points and efficiency, but he can score.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1