brockpapersizer

Vladimir Guerrero Jr 2020 Outlook

He's never going to be Soto or Acuna but he'll still have some great peak years. 

6 hours ago, absknicks said:

He's never going to be Soto or Acuna but he'll still have some great peak years. 

I could absolutely see Vlad Jr putting up what Soto did last season - minus the steals.

34 HR / 110 RBI, .282/.401/.548

I think that is well within range 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I could absolutely see Vlad Jr putting up what Soto did last season - minus the steals.

Dream bigger: Miguel Cabrera 2.0

4 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Dream bigger: Miguel Cabrera 2.0

I'm thinking (or hoping) Dream Bigger 

6 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Could happen. But Soto is virtually the same age as Vlad and his approach is light years ahead of him right now. All depends on how they progress in their development, but Soto has a major head start. 

9 hours ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I don’t think Vlad will ever walk that much.  I like the Miggy comp better as highest grade comp if all cards fall the way they’re suppose to. 

19 hours ago, absknicks said:

Could happen. But Soto is virtually the same age as Vlad and his approach is light years ahead of him right now. All depends on how they progress in their development, but Soto has a major head start. 

Making statements like “never” based on rookie year approach seems like a great idea. 

• Haha 1

Anyone worried that he’s going to find the “Quarantine 15” or balloon even more eating snacks the past two months?  Or that the lack of sunlight/vitamin D from staying inside will impact his performance?

On 5/18/2020 at 12:05 PM, kidtwentytwo said:

Anyone worried that he’s going to find the “Quarantine 15” or balloon even more eating snacks the past two months?  Or that the lack of sunlight/vitamin D from staying inside will impact his performance?

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Evincar said:

spacer.png

Way too high of a launch angle to be Vlad Jr, imo.

Don't care in the slightest (but that's just me). Just hope he hits better than last year. I'd buy from a panicked dynasty owner if they devalue 3b over 1b. 

• Thanks 1

Anybody who owns Vlad in a dynasty league had to have already baked that into their projections for him. It was only a matter of time, the only surprise is how quickly it's happening. Should help him stay healthier though because that body was not made to take the abuse of playing the hot corner on a daily basis

• Like 1

Does this mean they fast track Groshans for 3B?  Otherwise who plays 3B for the Jays?  Travis Shaw is not a good idea of a solution.  Weird they are switching Vlad all of a sudden and not waiting until next year.  I mean did he play 1B in spring training 1.0 in early April?

We should probably just enjoy the years we can get out of him having something other than utility only eligibility. At this rate it won't be long. 

Is DH eligibility gonna be an issue next year? With universal DH sites maybe add a DH slot. 

2 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Is DH eligibility gonna be an issue next year? With universal DH sites maybe add a DH slot. 

They already have Util slots in every league which is code for DH.  You want them just to change the term?

16 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

They already have Util slots in every league which is code for DH.  You want them just to change the term?

Is it code for DH? And I don’t care what they do, just think if DH is a universal position then it makes sense to have a DH slot where guys have to qualify. 

31 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Is it code for DH? And I don’t care what they do, just think if DH is a universal position then it makes sense to have a DH slot where guys have to qualify. 

OT:  Yes it basically is.  They didn't want to use DH in the past least they somehow offend NL purists playing especially in NL only leagues.  Which is hilarious because I'm sure most NL only leagues have always used Util slots and think nothing about it, hah.

Yeah using DH would look cooler now but most leagues I know of use at least two utility slots if not more instead of futzing around with equally made-up positions like MI and CI.  It's all cosmetic in the end.  A rose by any other name thing.  I'd rather Yahoo fix their disappearing every year NA slots issue instead of doing workarounds each year over same then worry about a change to the term DH.  Both would be nice but come on, it's Yahoo.

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

OT:  Yes it basically is.  They didn't want to use DH in the past least they somehow offend NL purists playing especially in NL only leagues.  Which is hilarious because I'm sure most NL only leagues have always used Util slots and think nothing about it, hah.

Yeah using DH would look cooler now but most leagues I know of use at least two utility slots if not more instead of futzing around with equally made-up positions like MI and CI.  It's all cosmetic in the end.  A rose by any other name thing.  I'd rather Yahoo fix their disappearing every year NA slots issue instead of doing workarounds each year over same then worry about a change to the term DH.  Both would be nice but come on, it's Yahoo.

Yahoo’s 5 games make DH more redundant than the 10 other sites do. In deeper leagues, could make for some planning. 

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I think you're missing his point. He is saying that along with a UTIL spot (than any player can slot in to), an addition DH slot could be added where you only qualify if you get DH eligibility. Example: Ozzie Albies can play 2B or UTIL, but not DH. Yordan Alvarez can play DH or UTIL, but not 2B.

C

1B

2B

3B

SS

OF

OF

OF

DH

UTIL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2020 at 2:47 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Does this mean they fast track Groshans for 3B?  Otherwise who plays 3B for the Jays?  Travis Shaw is not a good idea of a solution.  Weird they are switching Vlad all of a sudden and not waiting until next year.  I mean did he play 1B in spring training 1.0 in early April?

Shaw this year, Austin Martin in the future. Martin's been getting most of his work at 3B in Spring Training 2.0

8 hours ago, smeeze said:

Shaw this year, Austin Martin in the future. Martin's been getting most of his work at 3B in Spring Training 2.0

I like Groshans there in the future.  So are you saying they are having him play a different position now?

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I like Groshans there in the future.  So are you saying they are having him play a different position now?

Not sure. Martin is actually older than Groshans and hasn’t had the injury setbacks he has. I’m sure if they’re both hitting the Jays will find room for them. One of them will probably wind up as a corner OF though, I’m guessing.

On 7/12/2020 at 3:40 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not sure why you're acting like they're the same. If it was DH you would need a DH to fill that slot.  You don't need a DH to fill the UTIL spot.