CharlesCC2

Gary Payton II 2019-2020 Outlook

This kinda production makes him so hard to drop.. He’ll be a tough hold/drop city if he gets 20 min the next game with IT back. 

Bradley Beal is out tonight ending his iron man streak at 194 consecutive games played i believe, GPII will start for him. I like that Scott Brooks can play him interchangeably at the 1 & 2. Its comforting to know and he could potentially carve a roll in the 20-30min range if he keeps up this level of play at LEAST on the defensive end !

Edited by shiftysaj
  • Like 1

It’s mind boggling to think players of this caliber are just available in g leagues. Wasn’t Whiteside also from d league or something? I’m sure there have been some more. I would love to see more players like these in the NBA.

• Like 1

From G league to starter in a week. 

Insane. 

Don't like his prospects once Wiz are healthy but this guy will be fun to own while Wiz are banged up. 

Edited by DiscoNinja33
Edit

14 minutes ago, gooseball said:

It’s mind boggling to think players of this caliber are just available in g leagues. Wasn’t Whiteside also from d league or something? I’m sure there have been some more. I would love to see more players like these in the NBA.

My thoughts exactly! GP2 leads the G-league in stls avging a bit over 3+ and its not a fluke either he plays really good defense disregarding the statistics. I just wish the knicks were smart enough to sign him instead of failing to develop players like Frank Ntilkina 🤣

Is this guy better than Brown Jr when IT and Beal both play? Brown has monolopy of minutes on the SF spot but Payton is fighting IT, Beal and Smith for the guard minutes. 

1 minute ago, Jackdean33 said:

Is this guy better than Brown Jr when IT and Beal both play? Brown has monolopy of minutes on the SF spot but Payton is fighting IT, Beal and Smith for the guard minutes. 

Still not sure they’d play him at the 3 over brown even if he’s better

• Thanks 1

He is a monster in that zone the Wizards are playing against the Knicks. Insane how good his instincts are, but also not surprising given his dad killed it defensively. Enjoy the ride!

23 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Still not sure they’d play him at the 3 over brown even if he’s better

Yeah that’s the big issue I’m seeing. In my league steals and blocks only worth 1pt and it’s a H2H points based league which takes away a lot of his value. 

Stats don’t lie. He was the g league steals leader at a whopping 3.2, and putting up crazy lines. For sure he’d at least produce decently if you give him the opportunity on this terrible Wiz team. He’s the only bright spot on the court (him and Troy Brown) lately really. Even Beal was trying hard to lose games and leads compared to this guy, the 3 games Payton has played. I honestly thinks there’s ROS value here. I don’t see how Brooks can take this guy off the floor and not develop him compared to guys like IT and Ish Smith, especially since they’re not going to reach the playoffs this year anyway, with all these injuries. Added him since his first game, and don’t plan on looking back.

• Like 1

They robbed him of a block btw.... what a beast. When I saw he posted his 6 steals in first game with no prep, I added him, even in my dynasty 

29 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Matisse Thybulle all over again. There's no long term value.

Keep that bad energy off the mitten gang thread 🗣🗣🗣

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Matisse Thybulle all over again. There's no long term value.

How many 6 steal games does Matisse have in his NBA career ?

20 minutes ago, shiftysaj said:

Keep that bad energy off the mitten gang thread 🗣🗣🗣

Sometimes...you can just tell who missed out on a pickup.

Fantasy's a gamble...he's def worth a flier. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Sometimes...you can just tell who missed out on a pickup.

Fantasy's a gamble...he's def worth a flier. 

He made a rational comment. How many people have dropped Matisse after the hype died?