Sign in to follow this  
knifeparty

Your Most Dominate Team This Season

I always like to look back at other peoples teams after the season and see how they ended up with some of the more dominate teams.  Whether it be straight up great drafts, trades, or FA pickups.  Doesn't necessarily have to be a championship team as I am sure some people got unlucky in the playoffs.  The team I am listing did win it all and finished 12-3 on the season.  Lost the first 2 weeks of the season then the last week of the regular season.  Did not make any trades and only really made notable waiver moves at the end of the season.  Finished with just about 300 more points then the next best team.  

QB - Started with Goff, went to Stafford until injury, finished with Tannehill

RB1 - CMC 

RB2 - Mixon - Stuck with him all the way until week 16 when I was luckily scared off by the report of him being sick. Replaced him last week with Drake.

WR1 - Keenan Allen - Dominate early, struggled mid-season, but was solid down the stretch.  He ended up being my #3 WR even though he was drafted 1st.

WR2 - Godwin - Nothing really needs to be said about him.  Finishes as #2 WR despite missing last week.  Replaced him with Perriman in the Superbowl.

WR3 - Kupp - Another guy I stuck with all year until the Superbowl.  Finished as #5 WR in PPR leagues.  Replaced him with McLaurin last week which was only a 2 point improvement.  

Flex - For the most part this was either Emmanuel Sanders or McLaurin until Drake got traded to the Cardinals.  

TE - Hooper - My biggest concern after the draft turned out to be probably my best pick considering he would have most likely finished as the #2 TE without the injury.  

"dominant"

Every year someone uses the wrong word. 

• Like 2

Full PPR 12 team 3 WR and a flex 

Watson

Cook

Ingram

MT13

A Rob

Dev Parker 

doyle/Fant/Everett (my downfall was TE)

Gurley

Steelers D 

Lutz. 

scored the most points, had the best record. 1st round bye. Scored 179 2nd round and lost 179-180.8

Played for 3rd place this week. Scored 167, my opponent had Ryan Fitzpatrick, cmac, Drake, Tyler Boyd, and Gesicki. Dropped 212 on me. So I didn’t even finish In 3rd. Gotta love it. 

10 Man SuperFlex, 0.5 PPR

Championship Line-up:

Jameis

Tyreek

Arob

CMC

Ekeler (MVP after CMC, got this dude in the 8th round!)

Jared Cook (Honorable mention for MVP.  Was a waiver wire pickup after Engram went out)

Mack

Kyler

Colts(Made the difference in the championship)

Notables on the bench:  Diggs, Scary Terry.  Also had Mike Evans on this team.

• Like 1

Was the second seed heading in, but scored the most points in the league.  Only won the ship' by 6 because Aaron Jones gave me the scare of my life last night.

12-Team

QB: Lamar

RB: CMC

RB: Fournette

WR: Evans

WR: Godwin

TE: Kittle

Flex: Ekeler and others

DST: Steelers/Bills

K: Lutz

Roster obviously changed throughout the year, but this was my strongest lineup.  Drafted all of them except Evans, who I traded for mid-season.

Ended up losing in the Championship to the 6th seed... basically all his players went off (Drake, Aaron Jones, Mahomes, Kelce, D. Parker, Lindsay).  

Regardless, I think this was one of my best teams ever... losing Godwin & Evans during the playoffs hurt, but I replaced them with AJ Brown and Perriman, so still got solid production.  Really disappointed not winning a title with this squad, but still won a bunch of money so can’t complain.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo
  • Like 1

12 team superflex .5 ppr

QB: L. Jackson

RB: D. Cook

RB: D. Henry

WR: D. Adams

WR: T. McLaurin/D. Samuel

TE: D. Waller/H. Henry

Flex: D. Freeman/D. Singletary/R. Mostert

SFlex: R. Tannehill

K: W. Lutz

DST: Patriots/Steelers

didn't make any trades, got lucky enough to stay relatively healthy. team broke down towards the end, but got carried by lamar and devonta to a ring

• Thanks 1

.5 Ppr

QB Jackson,Watson

RB Ekeler,A.Jones,J.White, D.Johnson

WR Godwin, K.Allen, DJ Moore, McLaurin,Kirk

TE J.Cook

Def 49ers and Bills on rotation

K Butker

All of the starters were in the top5 at their position except for my WR corps, which had 3 top13 guys.

I don't  think I've been this lucky ever also with injuries. Outscored the field by 200 pts in the regular season earning a  bye and finished with 169 and 144 respectively  to end the season with 2341 pts total scored( 145 avg score ) 

The notable busts were David Johnson and Damien Williams who cost me half my FAAB, but i did hit big on most of the other picks. 

What a season though ! :)

36 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

12-Team

Roster obviously changed throughout the year, but this was my strongest lineup.  Drafted all of them except Evans, who I traded for mid-season.

Ended up losing in the Championship to the 6th seed... basically all his players went off (Drake, Aaron Jones, Mahomes, Kelce, D. Parker, Lindsay).  

Regardless, I think this was one of my best teams ever... losing Godwin & Evans during the playoffs hurt, but I replaced them with AJ Brown and Perriman, so still got solid production.  Really disappointed not winning a title with this squad, but still won a bunch of money so can’t complain.

Most impressive team I have ever seen tbh!  I would imagine you broke some records this year.  I'm not even joking but I would assume you could have won some games with just Lamar, CMC, and Godwin.  

• Thanks 1

14 teamer that starts 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR.  Had easily my best draft in quite some time...We do an auction draft.  Getting Lamar for $1 was clearly the steal of the draft.

QB:  Jackson (Stafford was my backup and grabbed Tannehill later.)

RB:  Zeke, Mixon (Drafted Kerryon Johnson but traded Tyler Boyd for Mixon after Kerryon injury and that worked out well.  Zeke was drafted and steady all year).

WR: M Thomas, Lockett, Diggs, Gallup (Thomas was drafted and obviously carried me.  Lockett also drafted and helped get me going despite poor finish.  Diggs was traded for early in season after his first couple bad games).

Def:  Had 3 main streamers this year that I used for stretches.  Cowboys in first few weeks, 49ers for a chunk of the season and Ravens the last quarter of the season.  Worked really well.

Ended up setting the record for points scored in a season in our league that has ran for about 30 years and rolled through playoffs mostly with my big 3 of Lamar, Zeke and Thomas.

Ultimately, got mostly lucky with no huge injuries and the Kerryon injury actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  Also was really helped with my defensive choices week by week as the 49ers and Ravens put up great scores for me in the weeks I used them.

• Like 1

QB - Lamar Jackson (DeShaun Watson)

WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, AJ Brown (Odell Beckham, Terry McLaurin, Michael Gallup, Will Fuller)

RB - Ezekiel Elliot, Miles Sanders (David Johnson, Sony Michel)

TE - George Kittle

K - Jason Myers

D/ST - Pittsburgh

45 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Most impressive team I have ever seen tbh!  I would imagine you broke some records this year.  I'm not even joking but I would assume you could have won some games with just Lamar, CMC, and Godwin.  

Yeah, our league has been around for 12 years, and I had the highest weekly score ever in Week 12, and finished with the most overall regular season points ever. We also have weekly highest score payouts, and I got 6 of those.

I put up a good score in the Championship, but my opponent just had one of those weeks where all his guys went off.

12 teamer, 2-keepers:

QB - Brees (Picked up when he was injured)

WR - Michael Thomas (Traded Fournette for him before the season started)

WR - Devante Adams (Traded Thielen for him when Thielen was healthy and Adams was injured)

RB - Zeke

RB - Chubb (Keeper)

TE - Kittle (Traded Derrick Henry for him Week 10)

Flex - Kareem Hunt (Traded for in Week 2 and kept the rest of the season)

K - Butker

Def - Baltimore

Just won my 12man .5ppr league with this team:

QB: Winston

RB: Aaron Jones

WR: Calvin Ridley

Flex: Ekeler

TE: Gesicki

DST: Stream

This is probably the best team I've drafted. Looking back at the draft, I managed to pick up the best player that was available at the time (besides getting Lamar, Pats D, and maybe a TE obviously). I went 11-2 with 10 straight wins at one point. The 2 losses I had was against the same person for some reason and happened to be when CMC had his 2 lowest scores of the season.

CMC, AJones, Evans, and Ekeler pretty much carried my team the whole season. Ridley had an good season imo, good enough for my wr2. Having 3 of the top 5 RBs and Evans being 3rd overall scoring WR before injury helped a lot. With Evans and Ridley injured in week 14, I was stuck with Scary Terry, Darius Slayton, and Justin Watson. Having injuries late in the season was hard to overcome as most are already rostered. Having low faab, I was blocked in both weeks 15 and 16 by my opponents in picking up decent waiver wire WRs. Luckily my RBs (and Gesicki this week) continued to carry me to a championship.

12 team standard. 11-2, first place regular season, highest scoring team in the league, league champ. 

QB - Lamar

RB - Ingram 

RB - Henry 

WR - Hopkins 

WR - Sutton 

TE - Engram/Higbee 

Flex - Conner/Allen Robinson 

K - Butker

DEF - New England/Baltimore 

12 team .5 ppr superflex 6 pt pass td

11-2 drop 200 pts in championship

qb lamar

wr nuk

wr adams

rb barkley

rb a jones

te waller

flex berriman/sanders/deebo

qb/wr/rb/te cousins

def- stream/indy

k stream/bailey

Won with this team - 0.5PPR. Scored 1740 regular season but finished third, #1 scored 1617, #2 scored 1542, next highest was 1463. Lost the first then won seven in a row and looked like obliterating everyone, then the wheels came off a bit. Scraped through the quarterfinals then actually did obliterate everyone - had the only two scores above 150pts in the entire playoffs in my semi and final:

QB - Lamar

RB1 - Kamara, then traded for Saquon mid-season.

RB2 - Fournette

WR1 - Godwin

WR2 - Golladay

FLEX - Kerryon Johnson, then DJ Chark (roughly)

FLEX - John Brown

DEF - Patriots (with a little help from (IIRC) the Saints)

BENCH - Mark Andrews (Bye week cover and occasional FLEX)

BENCH - assorted non-entities I barely used - Jamaal Williams, Ronald Jones, Royce Freeman, Alexander Mattison,

BENCH - trade bait - Hunter Henry, Latavius Murray

LATE SEASON INJURY COVER - Raheem Mostert, Anthony Miller (for week 16 - yay).

Key successes - late(ish) rounds got me the #1 QB, the #2 and #5 WRs, and the #1 DEF. I had the #1 and #2 TEs. Made do at RB thanks to Fournette playing every game and trading away Kamara for Barkley basically won me the league in the end.

12 team .5 ppr won championship with this lineup 

Qb: mahomes  

rb: Carson, zeke 

wr: Julio Jones, devante Adams 

te: ertz

flex: aj brown   

def: patriots 

k: gay 

bench: dj Moore, Tyler Lockett, Adrian Peterson, Winston, Perriman 

5 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

12-Team

Wow, my dominant team shares some players but not this level. I also faced Drake (and Thomas) in the ship, but lucked out that my opponent had Boone/Watson so I still won.

12 Team PPR

QB: Jackson

RBs: CMC and Carson

WRs: Kupp and Brown

Flex: Ekeler

DST: Ravens & 9ers (first time carrying two defenses all season)

Kicker: Zane

Notable bench: Evans and Chark

I thought I was sunk when I lost Evans and Chark, but Kupp and Brown finished really strong. 

Dynasty standard scoring

Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson

Dalvin cook, Aaron Jones,James Conner

Michael Thomas, davante Adams, golladay, mclaurin, aj Brown

Kittle

I had a good season and think I'm in good shape for awhile going forward.

12 team .5 ppr

QB: Watson

RB: D. Cook

RB: Ingram

WR: D. Adams

WR: M. Thomas

WR: Gallup/TY

TE: Kelce

Flex: D. Singletary/R. Mostert

K: W. Lutz

DST: Patriots

12 team, redraft league (meaning somehow I either drafted, traded, or picked up these players). 1PPR. Probably one of the best teams you can assemble considering I hit on every position. I won the league by over 390 points from me and the second place finisher in the regular season. I did win the championship as well.

Lamar Jackson

Christian Mccaffery

Dalvin Cook
Cooper Kupp

Mike Evans

George Kittle

Will Lutz

BENCH PLAYERS/FLEX

Miles Sanders

James white 

Alexander Mattison 

DK Metcalf

Terry Mclaurin 

Streamed defense

14 Team, Half PPR

QB: J. Allen / R. Fitzpatrick 

RB: D. Henry

RB: L. Bell

WR: M. Thomas

WR: A. Cooper

TE: T. Kelce

Flex: J. Cook / E. Sanders / M. Brown

K: Y. Koo

DST: Patriots

Came in third place because a few players flopped in the second round of the playoffs, plus going against Kenyan Drake wasn't ideal. I was a heavy favorite for that match up.