Sign in to follow this  
bakes781

Where are my Week 17 peeps?

I know 99% of you are already celebrating or cursing your teams, but there is a small % of us out there that had a dick commish who chose to have their finals in week 17. In my case it's a 2nd of a 2 week finals.

I had dropped Godwin assuming he was done for year, but I am not seeing any updates. I also lost Carson and could you some advice on my QB. 

Anyone else with week 17 questions/advice?

I am week a 17 player with a one week championship coming, and I have Lamar. You  may ask why I still have him when he is ruled out already? Not only is he ruled out of our silly week 17 championship but he is also undroppable on nfl.com so he wasting a roster spot I need to make moves.

I will never use NFL.com again after what I had happen to me last year. I joined a random league of strangers and the commish collected $20 via PayPal with clear breakout of the payout. After 10 weeks it became clear the commish was AWOL. I was in 4th place but was able to win the chip. Never got my winnings though. Not even my $20 back.

I'm not one to brag but I've been pretty successful at fantasy football. In my 8 years of playing with my close friends I won 5 titles. 

Anyways back to the subject at hand...I have Brady vs Miami but i am thinking of getting Danny Dimes vs the Eagles.

Hey bro, I also lost Carson and Godwin in my week 17 team. I'm the defending champ in that league, but went from first to worst, so I've been goofing off and starting Drew Lock over Mahomes yet still winning. Just have a little fun out there this last week, folks. GG

Edited by lolcopter

Finals are done in my main league but its also a points league so we play out the full 17 games.

This a work league so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get paid this time lol

You can joke about how dumb it is but I didn't make the rules. 

My ideal league would be 14 teams that way everyone plays each other once.

29 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Anyone playing in a league with a week 17 championship, isn't playing in a league. lol

two week playoffs. kinda nice actually, helps with the variance

the league I commish is standard 16 week however

There is some upside to Week 17 leagues, though.  People who took a flier on Lamar Jackson in the middle rounds and think that they accomplished something are going down in flames this week.  You got him for $1 in your auction league?  Well, if that ain’t the ultimate cool story.

Now take a pie to the face and have a merry Christmas.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

There is some upside to Week 17 leagues, though.  People who took a flier on Lamar Jackson in the middle rounds and think that they accomplished something are going down in flames this week.  You got him for $1 in your auction league?  Well, if that ain’t the ultimate cool story.

Now take a pie to the face and have a merry Christmas.

spacer.png

Hell, we could probably just do it in here.

For people who just woke up out of a coma, go get Perriman.

Gus Edwards is about to get run into the ground.  Hill will get plenty of action as well.  

Some dude named Homer in Seattle.  Marshawn has been chillin’ on the couch for the past year.  49ers vs Seahawks was already must-watch TV but now it’s taking on a circus feel.

Giants tight end Kaden Smith.  

Indianapolis defense vs the lowly Jags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Some dude named Homer in Seattle.

Anyone have eyes on him? Look legit? They signed both Turbin and Lynch so you gotta figure they'll probably give them each a series or two to see where they're at. Bad matchup too.

I drafted Hill with my last pick so it would be fitting to have him on my finals roster. I'm also looking at Steven Sims with the news that Mclaurin is on concussion protocol.

Unfortunately I am still in a league with this shirt a** commish. Next year not doing this league. I might win it, but seems ignorant.

Every one in this thread should band together to create a new league that does it the right way, and drop out of your week 17 leagues. 

I'm here! I've got my big Championship game this week! Our league is a monster 16 team auction league and they like that last game and how you play it to win it all.I wish Rotoworld would do a list just for week 17 of guys that won't play per usual and those that will play a half game or less.

Won a league twice with a 2 week playoff structure and championship was Week 16-17.  It literally bit me in the a** once but it proved to be my saving grace another year.  Guy I was playing against was playing all sorts of guys on the Pats and other teams that just had no business being in his lineup cause they were going to play a quarter and sit.  I had a bunch of grinders and pulled off some epic comebacks.  Week 17 championships are great if you want to add a bit of spice to the championship week....its for the forward thinking manager.