Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 17

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 18

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 18 of the 2019-2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019-2020 Week 18

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 18 of the 2019-2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Thank you! 

Here's my list:

Steven Sims

Daniel Jones

Dallas Goedert 

Jonnu Smith

Greg Ward

Justice Hill

Tyler Higbee

• Like 1

Are there any teams that are going to rest their starters? 

can we get a list going? 

Edited by iretirefromfantasy

Ravens obviously 

Bills and Texans have nothing to play for but I know buffalo has said they're playing their starters.

I just read that fournette didn't practice so Ryquel Armstead becomes an option. 

Travis Homer looks to be the man for Seattle but he's going against the 49ers.

OK doing a little S&G's 3-owner league Week 17 draft (we've all been playing for over 20 years) so I was forced to do some research for Week 17. Here's who I like this week.

As I said this is only a 3-man league so some of this might only be tie-breaker info for those in legit leagues; DFS owners may find this of more use.

QB:

• Brees - in full-on compiler-mode while also playing for a chance at home field throughout - obviously will be playing to win
  • Tannehill - Must-win against a team he scorched just a few weeks ago. 
  • Brady - Pats need a win for a chance at a bye so motivation is there. He put up 26+(standard) against them earlier this season. This is a good game to tune up the passing game because MIA brings nothing to defend it. 

RB:

• Let me get the obvious out of the way first - Elliot/CMC/Barkley/Kamara/Henry/Jones/Chubb are great plays regardless of playoff contention. Only Barkley and Chubb of that group have nothing to play for, and both are in compiler-mode against bad run D's.
  • Mixon - Ripped CLE in their last outing and CIN is as much out of the playoffs now as they were then.
  • Drake - Rams have nothing to play for and Drake has been utterly dominant the last two weeks while ARI has had nothing to play for.

WR:

• Obvious out of the way first - Jones/Thomas/Hill/Adams are great plays regardless of playoff contention. Only Jones of that group has nothing to play for, and he is in compiler-mode against a bad pass D.
  • This is the shallowest position this week imo so targeting at least one of the above (or below) early in DFS.
  • Sutton - Excellent matchup. He didn't do much against OAK last time but he's had the time to get some chemistry with Lock and DEN is letting Lock throw. OAK has no one who can control him if he gets the looks.
  • AJ Brown - not much to say here. He's been surging big time and the matchup/situation are right. He could be the #1 WR this week in a must-win for TEN vs a lousy HOU pass D.

TE: 

• Kittle/Kelce/Hooper/Higbee are obvious plays. TE is so deep this week I may take two (one for the flex) if - as I anticipate - WRs dry up quick.
  • Waller/Cook/Goedert - like I said - this position is DEEP this week. The defensive matchups for these guys are delicious.

I'll leave out K and DST. There is another thread for that in bench coach. Only notable thing about DST is I think NE is the Crown Jewel of all D's and should be the 1st off the board.

Good Luck Fellow Weak-17-Degenerates

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

• Sutton - Excellent matchup. He didn't do much against OAK last time

Not sure if you mean last year but sutton tore up Oakland in week 1.

Pats did have AB17 back then lol, but I agree that TB12 should look to have a good regular season finale(possibly career) at home. 

I've been debating between Higbee and Waller. Ultimately my tiebreaker will be who has something to play for so Ballertime!

My opponent has DHop who is banged up with nothing to really play for so I've been hoarding all the WRs like Ward, Sims and Renfrow. 2 of them have playoffs on the line but I'm thinking I'll stick with Justin Watson vs ATL. Godwin torched them last time and while he's no Godwin I think Watson has the ability to get open and be Winston's go to guy.

20191228_105850.jpg

2 hours ago, bakes781 said:

Not sure if you mean last year but sutton tore up Oakland in week 1.

Pats did have AB17 back then lol, but I agree that TB12 should look to have a good regular season finale(possibly career) at home. 

I've been debating between Higbee and Waller. Ultimately my tiebreaker will be who has something to play for so Ballertime!

My opponent has DHop who is banged up with nothing to really play for so I've been hoarding all the WRs like Ward, Sims and Renfrow. 2 of them have playoffs on the line but I'm thinking I'll stick with Justin Watson vs ATL. Godwin torched them last time and while he's no Godwin I think Watson has the ability to get open and be Winston's go to guy.

20191228_105850.jpg

That was in PPR (check my signature). He only got 12 in standard which is solid but not as spectacular.

Waller/Higbee is very close but I have Higbee ranked higher specifically due to matchup. The Cards are the premier team against which to play TEs and by many measures Higbee has been a top 3 TE the last several weeks.

Good luck!

Yeah I know the matchup can't be any better but I just dont trust the Rams to play all out. 

I could never play standard. PPR opens the field of options wide open. Standard is to dependent on TDs.

Thanks!

Edited by bakes781
  • Like 2

IMO Chark now emerges as a serious option this week with Fournette a no-go. Colts are tough enough v the run to not make me not terribly excited by Armstead (I wasn't terribly excited about Fournette anyway). The Jags have shown they'll just forget about the run and pass all game. IND 10th-worst v the pass this year and Chark flamed them last time in any format.

5 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

IMO Chark now emerges as a serious option this week with Fournette a no-go. Colts are tough enough v the run to not make me not terribly excited by Armstead (I wasn't terribly excited about Fournette anyway). The Jags have shown they'll just forget about the run and pass all game. IND 10th-worst v the pass this year and Chark flamed them last time in any format.

I like everything you had to say above. Could I message you with a question? 

On 12/24/2019 at 5:34 PM, bakes781 said:

I know buffalo has said they're playing their starters.

So much for that. Bench your Bills!