Sign in to follow this  
Bandito

Keep Rodgers? (WHIR)

12 team PPR, deep keeper. You keep 8 minimum — more if you give back picks, starting with your first. I have no first or second round picks, two in the third. Probably 120-ish players will be kept. 

I specifically traded for Murray as heir apparent to Rodgers. Now I’m wondering if Rodgers is even worth keeping. Several seasons in a row of below (his) standard production and a clear trend toward being a game manager aren’t very reassuring.

I’ll try to trade Rodgers, though he was on the block for half the season and I didn’t even get a whiff of interest. But if no one bites, can I roll the dice with Murray for next year and let Rodgers go and save a draft pick?

Leave your link!

I agree.  You have an excellent young QB to keep.  Let Rodgers go and use the draft pick.  You already came up with a blank offering Rodgers on trade.

Good Luck next year.

• Thanks 1

What pick would you be losing for Rodgers or saving by not keeping him? I understand the overall sentiment shared by other responses but it doesn't hurt to have very reliable depth 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rizzle630 said:

What pick would you be losing for Rodgers or saving by not keeping him? I understand the overall sentiment shared by other responses but it doesn't hurt to have very reliable depth 

This is my roster:

QB- Rodgers,    Murray,    Lock

RB- Barkley,     Guice,      Kerryon,     Mostert,    Hill

WR- Woods,  Boyd,  Metcalf,  MrqBrown,   Gordon                         

TE- Cook

D- Patriots

IR- Engram,   PrWilliams                  Dumb#ss- ABrown 

I'm already without a first round and second round pick.  Hypothetically, if I kept Murray, Barkley, Kerryon, Mostert, Guice, Woods, Metcalf, Engram, Williams (and let's say for the sake of argument AB), I'd have ten.  So my free eight, then I'd lose my 3rd and 4th (since I don't have a 1st or 2nd).  If I added Rodgers to that, it'd cost my 5th.  And that's not factoring in if Brown or Boyd are keepers.  I almost feel I have to keep all four backs because all useful ones will be kept and I won't be in a position to nab a rookie in the draft.

In my dynasty I had Rogers and drafted Murray. I got rid of Rodgers and am rolling with Murray. At this point Rodgers is more “name” than actually fantasy relevant week in and week out. 

• Thanks 1