Sign in to follow this  
ravensfanatic0

Way Too Early Breakouts Next Season

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hill is miles away from being capable of starting at QB all season and playing every snap.

You do know he is 30 years old, right?

Wow never realized his age.  Think next season will be a good barometer.  Teddy should have some options in free agency and I don't see him signing to be Hill's backup in a year.  If Teddy leaves and Hill is the starter of the future like reports are saying.  You would think they will use him strictly at QB.  If they still use him as a gadget player and on special teams I'm not buying they consider him the future.

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hill is miles away from being capable of starting at QB all season and playing every snap.

You do know he is 30 years old, right?

Yeah. He also has more receiving yards than passing yards on his career. 

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Yeah. He also has more receiving yards than passing yards on his career. 

And more rushing yards. 

They should play him at QB in the preseason games to see how he does. Assuming the saints bring him back. He’s a RFA next year. 

Marquise Brown will be undervalued because he was hurt all year, and people don't think Baltimore ever throws the ball. If he's healthy, he can be a WR1 with insane blowup potential every week. 

David Montgomery is still my other candidate, if Chicago rebuilds its offensive line. 

• Like 1

This is too early because he hasn't signed anywhere, but I think Tim Patrick has the potential to just explode. Big body, has flashed with subpar QB talent on a team with more investment in other WRs.

My EARLY List

RB Derrius Guice - health remains the key concern, but has flashed elite upside. Still super young.

RB Kerryon Johnson - see above

RB David Montgomery - Don't know that Monty will ever be a top 5 RB, but a top 10 season is certainly possible in 2020.

WR Michael Gallup - Gallup has the chance to be the clear #1 for Dallas if they can't get Cooper signed.

WR Deebo Samuel - Young offense, flashed upside at times in 2019.

WR Hunter Renfrow  - Poor mans Cooper Kupp.

TE Hunter Henry - It has to happen eventually, right?

TE Noah Fant - Size, speed, athleticism to be a top 10 TE this season.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2020 at 6:58 PM, ajs723 said:

Marquise Brown will be undervalued because he was hurt all year, and people don't think Baltimore ever throws the ball. If he's healthy, he can be a WR1 with insane blowup potential every week. 

David Montgomery is still my other candidate, if Chicago rebuilds its offensive line. 

I wonder if it's because they literally had the least amount of pass attempts all season long?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

I wonder if it's because they literally had the least amount of pass attempts all season long?

I get that. My point is that they can still support one pass catcher. Every team can. The bottom three teams in pass attempts were Baltimore, Minnesota, and Tennessee. Are AJ Brown and Diggs thought of the same way as Marquise Brown? No, because there's a specific stigma about Baltimore having no passing game.. BTW, Lamar Jackson led the league in passing TDs. All while having no healthy WRs all season. I think Brown will be one of the better bargains at WR next year. You'll get him way after guys like AJ and McLaurin despite those teams having bigger concerns in the passing game. 

• Like 1

I am all in on Hollywood in 2020.

Drake must be mentioned here

He belongs more in a deep sleeper thread (and much might depend on if/when TB drafts a WR) but I am digging Scotty Miller in Tampa right about now.

Was making waves in camp last year before going down early in pre-season with a bad hammy. Was the only WR drafted by Arians last year and eventually fought his way back up the depth chart to play a meaningful role before once again going down with a hammy.

He is little, but has serious jets/quicks (4.36 forty/4 flat short shuttle) and great route chops/hands. Perriman is gone and he can fill a possibly big role in 3 and 4 WR sets and play a bit of the slot in certain packages too. Might fit real well with the kind of area Brady likes to work in.

36 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He belongs more in a deep sleeper thread (and much might depend on if/when TB drafts a WR) but I am digging Scotty Miller in Tampa right about now.

Was making waves in camp last year before going down early in pre-season with a bad hammy. Was the only WR drafted by Arians last year and eventually fought his way back up the depth chart to play a meaningful role before once again going down with a hammy.

He is little, but has serious jets/quicks (4.36 forty/4 flat short shuttle) and great route chops/hands. Perriman is gone and he can fill a possibly big role in 3 and 4 WR sets and play a bit of the slot in certain packages too. Might fit real well with the kind of area Brady likes to work in.

This is a very long drawn out way of saying he's a scrappy gym rat that reminds you of former student of the game, lunch pail guys that Brady used to work well with.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sSektor said:

This is a very long drawn out way of saying he's a scrappy gym rat that reminds you of former student of the game, lunch pail guys that Brady used to work well with.

Speaking of former students of the game, lunch-pail fellas, that Brady used to work with?  Antonio ain’t free anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Speaking of former students of the game, lunch-pail fellas, that Brady used to work with?  Antonio ain’t free anytime soon.

So I've heard. It seems like we're due for another twitter outburst any day now.

Funchess is going to go bonkers with Adams taking all the coverage attention. Funchess is no JAG like all these past receivers the Pack have had opposite Adams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Funchess is going to go bonkers with Adams taking all the coverage attention. Funchess is no JAG like all these past receivers the Pack have had opposite Adams. 

By bonkers you mean like a 700 yard 5 TD season?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sSektor said:

Might be the chris hogan of 2020. 

19 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Lol I needed a good laugh this morning. Packers will draft a rookie WR in top 2 rounds.

20 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I literally made the same argument about Allison last year, and then he did nothing. Allison and Funchess basically profile as the same guy. I see the ceiling, but there's probably a better chance that he busts. Worth a late flyer for the high ceiling, but if his price comes up, stay away. 

The Green Bay offense isnt good enough anymore to support a third option after Adams and Jones.

• Like 1

"Packers re-signed RB Tyler Ervin to a one-year, $1,047 million contract."

keep an eye out for him. just signed a 1 billion+ contract.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thats my list with the underdogs:

Bo Scarbrough: This kid came from nowhere to lead the Lions backfield in the last games, with 377 yards (4.2 YPC) he showed good moments in the 20th best OL in the league,Kerryon Johnson still didnt live for his hype, with a good 2018, bad 2019 and injury history,if the Lions doesnt pick a RB in the draft,Bo have big chances to be a steal

John Ross: Yes, I'm still waiting for his breakout season and now with Burrow looks way more realistic, he is a deep threat for sure but Dalton couldnt find him(as he couldnt throw to anyone), its undeniable that he have a giant list of injuries but for me it's all about him being healthy, A.J is getting old and coming from an non playing season,Boyd is a very good WR and is sure getting his fair amount of targets but we can't forget Joe set the SEC record of single season passing yards, the kid can be a gunslinger and there is room for my guy Ross getting his pieces

Jonnu Smith: As a titans fan,I love this kid,tall,fast and with soft hands,the perfect prototype for a TE,so...why he didnt had great seasons yet?, first reason is that Mariota couldnt throw a pass even if his life depended on it and Delanie shadow was always there, now thats not happening anymore, Tannehill is showing great level and can build chemistry in the off season

Miami D#: Arguably the best CB duo in the NFL, they still add the veteran winner Van Noy,former first round Shaq Lawson that had a 6.5 sacks in 2019(for sure not the best but we can see that he is improving), another previous patriots Eric Rowe and they have from there Charles Harris still trying to live for his first round hype. Besides all this, they are loaded in the draft with 14 picks and will for sure still improve their defense. Even more, AFC East doesnt look scary at all, Jets had a bad off season and probably will be in the top of the nfl draft 2021, Patriots lost loved Brady and the other half of their team, for now Hoyer will be the QB and that looks like a tanking season, the Bills complete the list, they have an impressive defense but Josh Allen offense will still  try to exceed expectations this year.

• Like 2