Sign in to follow this  
ravensfanatic0

Overwhelmingly Great Rookie Class

Hey Everyone,

Are we in store of one of the greatest rookie classes of all time for fantasy? We have multiple blue chip prospects (Jerry Jeudy, D'Andre Swift, Ceedee Lamb, and Laviska Shenault) and just a very well rounded class of other prospects (Chuba Hubbard, Najee Harris, Tee Higgins, and etc). All of these players in the right situation could be 1st or 2nd round players in 2021.  If I'm in a dynasty/keeper league I'd be looking to sell for more picks. What is you guy's opinion and which player are you most excited about.

In terms of RBs this class is nothing special. There really are no eye popping prospects like Barkley, Zeke, Fournette, and etc. Honestly the RB class can be considered average maybe even slightly below.

WR is another story though. Really deep at the position this year and a ton of potential. Jeudy and Lamb are both eye popping and Shenault is also a damn baller. Very rare to see a class with 3 legit top 10 WR prospects and 2 top 5. There's also a good amount of teams in the top 10 that would be an awesome fit. Lions, Cardinals, and maybe Giants can all have a rookie WR slide right into a massive role. Raiders are another killer fit but I doubt Jeudy or Lamb get to them. Shenault might and that would likely make him the best fantasy option in non dynasty from the rookie class. 

Will be fun to watch for sure. I wouldn't say the class in general is overwhelmingly great but WRs are for sure. Just a few years ago in 2017 we had A. Jones, Kamara, Hunt, Fournette, CMC, Cook, Mixon, Mack, Juju, Godwin, Kupp, and Golladay. That's a pretty damn good class if you ask me. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

In terms of RBs this class is nothing special. There really are no eye popping prospects like Barkley, Zeke, Fournette, and etc. Honestly the RB class can be considered average maybe even slightly below.

WR is another story though. Really deep at the position this year and a ton of potential. Jeudy and Lamb are both eye popping and Shenault is also a damn baller. Very rare to see a class with 3 legit top 10 WR prospects and 2 top 5. There's also a good amount of teams in the top 10 that would be an awesome fit. Lions, Cardinals, and maybe Giants can all have a rookie WR slide right into a massive role. Raiders are another killer fit but I doubt Jeudy or Lamb get to them. Shenault might and that would likely make him the best fantasy option in non dynasty from the rookie class. 

Will be fun to watch for sure. I wouldn't say the class in general is overwhelmingly great but WRs are for sure. Just a few years ago in 2017 we had A. Jones, Kamara, Hunt, Fournette, CMC, Cook, Mixon, Mack, Juju, Godwin, Kupp, and Golladay. That's a pretty damn good class if you ask me. 

Fournette is epically overrated.  Has never been better than CMAC and isn't right now obviously.  The only generational talents in recent NFL drafts are Barkley, Zeke and CMAC.  Mixon has a chance, but hasn't done it yet.

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

That dude swift is gonna run wild for the chiefs next season 

I am a Chiefs fan and boy do I hope this is true...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Fournette is epically overrated.  Has never been better than CMAC and isn't right now obviously.  The only generational talents in recent NFL drafts are Barkley, Zeke and CMAC.  Mixon has a chance, but hasn't done it yet.

Nick Chubb sheds a single tear somewhere...

40 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Coming out of college Fournette was seen as generational. To say otherwise would reek with hindsight bias. 

He has gotten over 1,000 yards in 2 out of 3 seasons. For him to still be considered a disappointment shows how highly he was regarded. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Coming out of college Fournette was seen as generational. To say otherwise would reek with hindsight bias. 

He has gotten over 1,000 yards in 2 out of 3 seasons. For him to still be considered a disappointment shows how highly he was regarded. 

No, I said it at the time.  And you and many others on this forum mocked me for saying CMAC was worlds better than him.  Not hindsight, I was just correct all along.

@Gohawks

Just a reminder of some of the foolishness you were saying about CMAC in 2017 when I said he was a top 3 RB in the league.

On 7/28/2017 at 7:29 PM, Gohawks said:

College is not the same as NFL. That's why more than half the first round picks bust or drastically under perform. As a Huskie fan I can safely say the PAC 12 defenses are utterly pathetic minus 3 teams. 

I'm not saying he will bust. I'm saying using that data to back up a claim of him outperforming guys that have proven themselves in the NFL is illogical at best. You have misinterpreted most of what is being said. All this negative information about CMC largely came up after you claimed him to be a top 3 back. It wasn't brought up to prove he will bust but rather to show how laughable that claim is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Dude - props for finding a post from back in 2017!!?  😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, BMcP said:

Dude - props for finding a post from back in 2017!!?  😆

Wasn't hard.  I was the ONLY person on this form touting CMAC as way better than Fournette back then, and the vast majority of people were taking cheap shots at me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

That dude swift is gonna run wild for the chiefs next season 

I really doubt Reid puts any stock in a rookie RB. See L. McCoy.

More likely he signs Bell (after the Jets cut him) and picks up a RB in the later rounds.

21 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

I really doubt Reid puts any stock in a rookie RB. See L. McCoy.

More likely he signs Bell (after the Jets cut him) and picks up a RB in the later rounds.

Jets won’t cut bell. Trade candidate maybe. No way he gets cut one year in though. I can’t imagine he keeps the s~ show stable of running backs they have now that’s for sure. 

6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

@Gohawks

Just a reminder of some of the foolishness you were saying about CMAC in 2017 when I said he was a top 3 RB in the league.

College is not the same as NFL. That's why more than half the first round picks bust or drastically under perform. As a Huskie fan I can safely say the PAC 12 defenses are utterly pathetic minus 3 teams. 

I'm not saying he will bust. I'm saying using that data to back up a claim of him outperforming guys that have proven themselves in the NFL is illogical at best. You have misinterpreted most of what is being said. All this negative information about CMC largely came up after you claimed him to be a top 3 back. It wasn't brought up to prove he will bust but rather to show how laughable that claim is.

What exactly is foolish in this post? I do not say he is a bust or bad at football. I simply claim that putting a rookie above a proven commodity is foolish and that still holds true. Also, Fournette outscored CMC that year as well. Good lord you really are full of yourself aren't you? You bring up a post from years ago just to try and discredit me for no reason and that particular post is a horrible example to do so. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, ravensfanatic0 said:

Hey Everyone,

Are we in store of one of the greatest rookie classes of all time for fantasy? We have multiple blue chip prospects (Jerry Jeudy, D'Andre Swift, Ceedee Lamb, and Laviska Shenault) and just a very well rounded class of other prospects (Chuba Hubbard, Najee Harris, Tee Higgins, and etc). All of these players in the right situation could be 1st or 2nd round players in 2021.  If I'm in a dynasty/keeper league I'd be looking to sell for more picks. What is you guy's opinion and which player are you most excited about.

Ok, not going to lie. I had to double check to make sure that I was in the Football forums. 

Never even heard of those names. Let alone knowing how good they are or aren’t. 1st and 2nd round picks eh? 

I might look like an idiot a few years from now if one or more of these players are fantasy worthy. But I hope not because I want to be able to pronounce my picks names. 

Now I know why I keep getting my a** kicked in fantasy. People are doing research beyond the scope of my abilities. 

Fournette had a stretch in college where he averaged 193 rushing yards per game and 2.1 TDS in the SEC. 

Saying he wasn’t the best RB prospect in that draft is laughable. 

8 hours ago, Rizzle630 said:

Joshua doing his yearly "see I'm right and you were wrong" tours. One thing about this site that is guaranteed is that yearly tour of the 2 of 10 right guessed being flaunted.

Carry on folks. 

Well it helps to be right every year more than I'm wrong.  Let's see your track record, @Rizzle630.  If you had listened to me about CMAC 2 years ago, you'd have had the unquestioned #1 RB the past 2 years.

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Fournette had a stretch in college where he averaged 193 rushing yards per game and 2.1 TDS in the SEC. 

Saying he wasn’t the best RB prospect in that draft is laughable. 

No, what's laughable is not seeing that he was a two-down RB with chronic injuries compared to CMAC who broke Barry Sanders college record for yards.  All of which I said back then (no hindsight required).

Just accept you were laughably wrong about both RBs and move on.  Defending your wrong taeks -- after I called you out for denying you made them -- only digs your hole even deeper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, joshua18 said:

@Gohawks

*ahem*

On 8/15/2017 at 2:23 PM, lolcopter said:

Cam Newton is not exactly known for checking down, and although he'll definitely get some play called passes, expecting anywhere near 90 receptions for a rookie RB is a bit much

wxmlC0E.png

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gohawks said:

There isn't a Saquon-level talent coming this year, but this is actually one of the deepest RB classes in years. It wouldn't surprise me if there were 5 starting RB's out of this class 2-3 years from now.

6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

No, what's laughable is not seeing that he was a two-down RB with chronic injuries compared to CMAC who broke Barry Sanders college record for yards.  All of which I said back then (no hindsight required).

Just accept you were laughably wrong about both RBs and move on.  Defending your wrong taeks -- after I called you out for denying you made them -- only digs your hole even deeper.

That two down back has 76 receptions this season. So even that claim would be incorrect on your part.

I never denied those takes. I simply stated those takes were 100% reasonable. Leave your ego at the door because trying to discredit posters while bathing in self-aggrandizement is not a good look. Fournette obliterated school records left and right for one of the most elite college programs, was compared to AP, was unanimously viewed as the #1 back by scouts, and was amongst the most hyped RB prospects of the century. You were right about CMC congratulations. However, to have the audacity to discredit me for no reason for thinking the man I outline above was better is truly something else. 

I’m done with this joke of a conversation. I have no problems admitting I was wrong (I was). However, I will not stand by and be discredited because of perfectly reasonable, logical, and statistically supported claims. No one is 100% right in this game. The best we can do is have our claims backed up by data which is then supported by further data. You constantly attacking posters for not being 100% right only makes one person look bad and it damn sure is not the person being attacked. Good day sir. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1