Sign in to follow this  
ravensfanatic0

Overwhelmingly Great Rookie Class

12 hours ago, Gohawks said:

If the Chiefs or Bucs select a guy like Taylor, Swift, or CEH their draft stock will probably be absurd. Chargers and Rams can also prove to be very interesting landing spots for RBs. 

I think the Chiefs are gonna disappoint a lot of people when they run a committee of Damien Williams and Zack Moss

50 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I think the Chiefs are gonna disappoint a lot of people when they run a committee of Damien Williams and Zack Moss

Hmmm, Moss would own that backfield by week 6 if that happened. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

"I think the Chiefs are gonna disappoint a lot of people when they run a committee of Damien Williams and Zack Moss."

Moss has really taken the initiative to get himself in front of NFL executives, as best as possible. It's been recently reported that he's met with nearly every team. I don't profess to know, but if he ends up there, he's going to be on all three of my teams! Won't be handed the lead role, Williams is the week 1 starter, but I believe Moss ends up taking that thing. KC has met with some of the higher rated prospects & if there's no 1st day run, Moss could be a guy. They're also looking at any number of players that can help them off the edge. OTs & mid round WRs are potential targets, based upon players they've taken a greater interest in.      

Edited by markrc99

1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

Moss has really taken the initiative to get himself in front of NFL executives, as best as possible. It's been recently reported that he's met with nearly every team. I don't profess to know, but if he ends up there, he's going to be on all three of my teams! Won't be handed the lead role, Williams is the week 1 starter, but I believe Moss ends up taking that thing. KC has met with some of the higher rated prospects & if there's no 1st day run, Moss could be a guy. They're also looking at any number of players that can help them off the edge. OTs & mid round WRs are potential targets, based upon players they've taken a greater interest in.      

According to this: https://www.walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam they met with 4 RBs (so far):

JK Dobbins

Clyde Edwards Helaire (at combine)

Zack Moss (at combine)

Darrynton Evans

and they had 2 meetings with Florida WR Van Jefferson... 🧐

• Like 1

3 hours ago, predator_05 said:

How many guys named D. Williams are in the draft. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs will draft those guys. 

Seriously though--don't the Chiefs need to fill holes on defense, not offense? Do you guys really think they'll use a 2nd rounder to grab a RB? I'd think maybe Moss is a potential guy if they grab him in a later round. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, yossarian said:

How many guys named D. Williams are in the draft. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs will draft those guys. 

Seriously though--don't the Chiefs need to fill holes on defense, not offense? Do you guys really think they'll use a 2nd rounder to grab a RB? I'd think maybe Moss is a potential guy if they grab him in a later round. 

ya never know they were doing just fine with Alex smith making the playoffs every year then they traded up to get pat mahomes when most ppl still thought he was just another Texas tech stat compiler like graham Harrell. If Andy Reid falls in love with a guy he’ll go get him.

But that offense really does take go to another level with a capable RB. All year in 2018 with hunt and Damien Williams the offense was unstoppable. 2019 when Damien Williams was healthy and given bell cow touches they elevated to another level again and it carried them they the playoffs to a title. Just by looking at the backs dobbins and CEH seem to be the kinda backs Reid likes. Smaller, fast, explosive, and can catch balls effortlessly

My pre-draft RB ranks, spent way more time on this incoming class than usual, lots of video and internet sources plus the SIS handbook (which is outstanding):

1) Jonathan Taylor, out in front by a ways. The fumbling can be corrected in the pros and he can absolutely operate in the passing game. Not a classic power guy, but gets thru arm tackles from even the biggest guys on defense, quicker laterally than he gets credited for and can burst by fastest DBs and hit the home runs.

2) Clyde Edwards-Helaire, like his route chops and versatility in all phases. Runs with strength and great lateral quicks, not scheme dependent either imo.

3) Cam Akers, can be a solid 3 down NFL back. Sum of parts player without a glaring weakness in his game. After contact power present.

4) JK Dobbins, despite not running 40, speed and acceleration is clearly there and can catch just fine. Elite vision and patience. Every down RB. 

5) D'Andre Swift, like his passing game prowess and his ability to run between tackles or bounce outside to the boundary. Well rounded player.

6) Darryton Evans, he actually resides in the same tier for me as Swift. Awesome lateral agility and feel for the game. Can blow up depending on landing spot.

7) AJ Dillon, did not see the game speed but can't deny that he can move for a player his size. Hands are adequate too but more scheme dependent than others above.

8 ) Antonio Gibson, wildcard but he can really play--esp with proper utilization, electric with ball in hands, intermediate route chops ok, shows inconsistencies out of breaks.

9) Eno Benjamin, really great wiggle and is impressive as a tackle breaker (and forcer) for his size, not quite a HR hitter but lateral quickness is present, good receiver.

10) Ke'Shawn Vaughn, good complete back, has just enough of the key components I like (wiggle/lateral quicks/power and patience, plus solid pass game skills.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

My pre-draft RB ranks, spent way more time on this incoming class than usual, lots of video and internet sources plus the SIS handbook (which is outstanding):

1) Jonathan Taylor, out in front by a ways. The fumbling can be corrected in the pros and he can absolutely operate in the passing game. Not a classic power guy, but gets thru arm tackles from even the biggest guys on defense, quicker laterally than he gets credited for and can burst by fastest DBs and hit the home runs.

2) Clyde Edwards-Helaire, like his route chops and versatility in all phases. Runs with strength and great lateral quicks, not scheme dependent either imo.

3) Cam Akers, can be a solid 3 down NFL back. Sum of parts player without a glaring weakness in his game. After contact power present.

4) JK Dobbins, despite not running 40, speed and acceleration is clearly there and can catch just fine. Elite vision and patience. Every down RB. 

5) D'Andre Swift, like his passing game prowess and his ability to run between tackles or bounce outside to the boundary. Well rounded player.

6) Darryton Evans, he actually resides in the same tier for me as Swift. Awesome lateral agility and feel for the game. Can blow up depending on landing spot.

7) AJ Dillon, did not see the game speed but can't deny that he can move for a player his size. Hands are adequate too but more scheme dependent than others above.

8 ) Antonio Gibson, wildcard but he can really play--esp with proper utilization, electric with ball in hands, intermediate route chops ok, shows inconsistencies out of breaks.

9) Eno Benjamin, really great wiggle and is impressive as a tackle breaker (and forcer) for his size, not quite a HR hitter but lateral quickness is present, good receiver.

10) Ke'Shawn Vaughn, good complete back, has just enough of the key components I like (wiggle/lateral quicks/power and patience, plus solid pass game skills.

I’d put Swift 3rd.

I do agree with the Taylor assessment though. I don’t get how people are putting Swift above him in some cases or right next to him. Taylor is easily the best back in the draft. It’s not really that close.

You guys ever heard of this Tavon Austin kid? Judging by his college highlights he looks like a future HoF lock. How high are you willing to take him in the draft?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

You guys ever heard of this Tavon Austin kid? Judging by his college highlights he looks like a future HoF lock. How high are you willing to take him in the draft?

What a stupid post, thanks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mmcc1029 said:

What a stupid post, thanks. 

I do what I must in these trying times.

7 hours ago, yossarian said:

"Seriously though--don't the Chiefs need to fill holes on defense, not offense? Do you guys really think they'll use a 2nd rounder to grab a RB? I'd think maybe Moss is a potential guy if they grab him in a later round." 

I originally had Moss as a day three value as well. With the knee checking out & the buzz around him, I think his draft stock has risen into day two. How I got to potentially a late 2nd by the Chiefs is that they've met with mostly some of the higher rated RBs, suggesting a greater need for them. Even there, it's with a run on that upper tier. Could have something to do with them believing that the players they really like will already be off the board?  

16 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

DeAndre Swift #5.  Nice one genius

Seems like the top five backs are well above the rest of the class, but the rankings amongst those 5 are pretty subjective.

Akers is the only one that was on a bad team, Taylor is probably the best pure runner, Dobbins had some amazing standout performances, CEH is IMO the one best suited for a passing oriented offense, and Swift is good at everything (although probably gets dinged just because Georgia's line was so good).

My expectation is that they go:

1.) Swift

2.) Taylor

3.) Dobbins

4.) CEH

5 .) Akers

I like this Claypool. Seems like a hybrid beast. I also like Bryant out of afu. Both seem like solid TE pass catchers. 

a late sleeper I believe is Calais at RB. 

looks like a lot of talent in this rookie class. 

We're all going to be very disappointing when the Giants take Taylor in the second to back up Barkley because they're ******** stupid.

• Haha 2

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't view CEH as anywhere near the same league as Swift, Taylor, Akers, and Dobbins. CEH may very well have a good career in the NFL, but keep in mind that the dude played in the best offense in college football history. Some of his production needs to be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

9 minutes ago, Geaux Saints said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't view CEH as anywhere near the same league as Swift, Taylor, Akers, and Dobbins. CEH may very well have a good career in the NFL, but keep in mind that the dude played in the best offense in college football history. Some of his production needs to be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

I don't think that in a vacuum should be a deterrent though.

The 2001 Hurricanes were an amazing offense, but Frank Gore and Clinton Portis were still worth the picks.  The question is not how much do you take away from him given his surroundings in college but how does he fit into your pro style offense.  To me, the answer is "pretty well."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I don't think that in a vacuum should be a deterrent though.

The 2001 Hurricanes were an amazing offense, but Frank Gore and Clinton Portis were still worth the picks.  The question is not how much do you take away from him given his surroundings in college but how does he fit into your pro style offense.  To me, the answer is "pretty well."

Agreed.  Plus, from a pure fantasy perspective, CEH offers perhaps the most potential value due to his excellent receiving ability.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I like this Claypool. Seems like a hybrid beast.

6'4" 238 + 4.42 40-yard. i'd like to see him go to the packers round 2 (pick #62), but as a WR, not TE. lazard's contract is pittance and he is slow. i like sternberger remaining at TE (same height as claypool, but 15-20 pounds heavier and much slower). certainly the packers need help at WR... and four or five other positions.

can't see who else would be a fit for claypool if we're looking at late round 2 to mid-round 3. buffalo at pick #54? cincinnatti at 3.01 #65? washington at 3.02 #66?

YDPTMZFZQVE4VO725ATRVOHX6I.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sack Exchange said:

6'4" 238 + 4.42 40-yard. i'd like to see him go to the packers round 2 (pick #62), but as a WR, not TE. lazard's contract is pittance and he is slow. i like sternberger remaining at TE (same height as claypool, but 15-20 pounds heavier and much slower). certainly the packers need help at WR... and four or five other positions.

can't see who else would be a fit for claypool if we're looking at late round 2 to mid-round 3. buffalo at pick #54? cincinnatti at 3.01 #65? washington at 3.02 #66?

I think we may be discussing the wrong ND TE.

Kmet looked like a man among boys in some of those games.  Gronk like.

• Like 1

1 - CIN Joe Burrow, QB LSU

2 - WSH Chase Young, DE OSU

3 - DET Jeff Okudah, CB OSU

4 - NYG Tristan Wirfs, OT IOWA

5 - MIA Tua Tagovailoa, QB ALA

6 - LAC Justin Herbert, QB ORE

7 - CAR Derrick Brown, DT AUB

8 - ARI Andrew Thomas, OT GA

9 - JAC CJ Henderson, CB FLA

10 - CLE Isaiah Simmons, LB CLEM

If there are no trades, this is what I expect.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I think we may be discussing the wrong ND TE.

Kmet looked like a man among boys in some of those games.  Gronk like.

love kmet, but he's a different animal: no way he makes it to the packers at pick #62 (and i do not think the pack will bite at pick #30). for kmet, it's the early round 2 ballpark. but also, like i mentioned, claypool can be a WR. he's fast enough. no need to compare him to kmet.

no doubt kmet will become a dominant force as a TE. i can't wait to see him in action. my guess is cincinnati at pick #33, miami at #39 (or #26?), houston at #40. the texans at #40 would be fantastic. they have nuk-sized void that cooks cannot fill.

belichick has no TE to speak of, so i could also see kmet go as early as pick #23.

420x0.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

love kmet, but he's a different animal: no way he makes it to the packers at pick #62 (and i do not think the pack will bite at pick #30). for kmet, it's the early round 2 ballpark. but also, like i mentioned, claypool can be a WR. he's fast enough. no need to compare him to kmet.

no doubt kmet will become a dominant force as a TE. i can't wait to see him in action. my guess is cincinnati at pick #33, miami at #39 (or #26?), houston at #40. the texans at #40 would be fantastic. they have nuk-sized void that cooks cannot fill.

belichick has no TE to speak of, so i could also see kmet go as early as pick #23.

420x0.jpg

I like him somewhat...but always significant doubt that a TE will effectively transition to the NFL.   Long learning curve and a much different role than college.   

56 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

I’m hoping he makes it beyond that even for the Pats. Seems like a perfect hybrid. I also like Bryant from FAU. Would love to see both end up on the Pats. I hope Gross-Matos is there for Pats late in the first. 

I am excited for the draft tonight. Knowing my luck when Pats are on the clock it will be a trade down and have to wait until tomorrow to see any picks. But it is fun watch where all the players go.