Sign in to follow this  
babyfaceassasin

What did you place?

2 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

In your most important league, what did you place in? What did you learn? And what are you going to do different next year??

Learned that no matter how good your team is, luck is still the huge factor. Lost in the 1st round of a 10 man ppr league with Wilson, Mccaffery, Carson, Thomas, Godwin, Parker, and Henry. Its too much detail to get into explaining, but I had the bye through week 11. Two narrow losses (2nd high score both weeks) costed me, and a slow week in the playoffs did me in. A rough two week stretch destroyed a great season

• Like 2

Two 10 team money leagues 

12-2 ...1st place. most points scored .. lost my first round after having a bye. Won money for third. 

6-8 ... 7th place. I scored the least... 

The draft was the key to the success and failure in these two leagues. 

3rd place

and

4th place

First team was lucky with trades that paid off.

Second team was far better but could not click at the right time.

23 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

In your most important league, what did you place in? What did you learn? And what are you going to do different next year??

Longest-running and most competitive league but for fun - auction draft - 3rd of 16. 2nd in regular season.

Money league - snake draft - 1st of 10. Actually 1st of 20, with two separate leagues of 10 and the big prize is for the top scorer in the final.

What did I learn? Do at least two leagues. Do at least one auction and one snake draft. You can only do so much - luck plays a huge part, so try not to stress out when bad things happen. Do as many mock drafts on your platform as you can. The main reason to handcuff is for your own peace of mind - it's not actually going to pay off, but peace of mind might be worth it anyway. Pay what it takes to get a top tight end. Try to ditch kickers in your league. Draft BPA in a snake. Try to avoid tracking live scores (I mean, I knew this already, but hopefully the message has finally sunk in). Far too many people say WHIR when they have no intention of following through...

What will I do differently? Not much tbh 😀. Try not to get sucked in in auction drafts - stick to my plan. Try to avoid tracking live scores (was better at this than I ever have been, to be fair). I won't draft Baker Mayfield or Kerryon Johnson.

• Like 1

Oh and also this. Draft strategies are all well and good, but ultimately it all boils down to "did you draft players who were good?" 0-RB this year turned out to be a nightmare for most, but you could have gone 0-RB in the first three rounds and ended up with Michael Thomas, Kelce, Amari Cooper, and then picked up Ingram, Carson and/or Ekeler. You could have gone all RBs in the first three and drafted David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell, and Kerryon Johnson.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Oh and also this. Draft strategies are all well and good, but ultimately it all boils down to "did you draft players who were good?" 0-RB this year turned out to be a nightmare for most, but you could have gone 0-RB in the first three rounds and ended up with Michael Thomas, Kelce, Amari Cooper, and then picked up Ingram, Carson and/or Ekeler. You could have gone all RBs in the first three and drafted David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell, and Kerryon Johnson.

Well said , there is no one set strategy. You gotta pick the right players, plain and simple. And hope the fantasy gods are on your side come playoffs. You can have the most stacked team and still lose. Ask me how I know 

• Like 1

In all my drafts chris carson was gone with a pick in the 30s. 

I was in 45 leagues (I am a degenerate) and got 2 first 4 2nds a few 3rds.

What did I learn? Avoid the bears. . Imo in auctions pay up for 3 rb you like. Pay down at wr. Pick up 3 TE on draft day not 1. Handcuff rbs day 1 are a lottery ticket that 99 times out of 100 will not pay off. 

2020 auction price on cmac 200 dollar budget where you only start 1 qb per week what is cmac going for? 100? 110? Anything 80 or under i will pay it gladly.

I think with hunt around in cleveland in 2020 i will fade chubb. I see a dumb time share making both rb2s but chubb price will be rb1. This is assuming hunt will not do anything dumb off the field in 2020 offseason.

• Like 2

1/12, 1/14, 1/10, 4/12, 4/12, 5/12

Been playing a long time, so didn't learn anything. But making the playoffs in 6/6 leagues and winning half of them isn't luck. Most of you think you know it all, so no point in sharing what works and what doesn't.

• Haha 1

On 12/28/2019 at 9:46 PM, lolcopter said:

2/10

8/8

Could have been worse. I learned that I should just auto draft

Actually 5/8 thanks to crushing that consolation bracket, not that it matters

2nd out of 12.  A pretty lack luster season.  Same strategy as always, draft 2 solid running backs plus a 3rd RB2 type.  Pay up for a TE.  Gamble on WR and QBs.  I missed out on my QB gambles this year with Goff and Trubisky.  Hit on my RB and TE picks with Elliot, Aaron Jones, and Kelce.  Missed out on my WR gambles this year as well.  Probably finished better than my team deserved.

• Like 1

Redraft: 1/10 (big money league, too!) and 10/12 (would've won the whole thing had I made the playoffs as Barkley, Winston and AJ Brown beasted the final three weeks).

Keeper: 3/12 (only top 2 pays)

Not a bad year at all. I actually had Saquon in all three leagues. Ekeler was probably my pick that paid off the most in my big money league.

7 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

1/12, 1/14, 1/10, 4/12, 4/12, 5/12

Been playing a long time, so didn't learn anything. But making the playoffs in 6/6 leagues and winning half of them isn't luck. Most of you think you know it all, so no point in sharing what works and what doesn't.

I don't know it all. Please tell me what works. Will accept a PM.

• Haha 1

I won 2 out of 3 leagues this year.

12 Team H2H: 1st Place

10 Team H2H: 1st Place

12 Team Roto: 5th Place

• Like 1

After finishing 11th in back to back years in my 12-team commish league, I got 4th after winning the season standings and going 0-2 in the playoffs with my worst 2 games of the year.

With the team I had, I honestly can't complain.

Most importantly, what I learned is that the team's situation (their coaching, their offensive scheme and mouths to feed, their defense and how much pressure that puts on the offense to score) matters a lot. I look at talent, schedule and track record a lot but the peripheral situation for most of my players impacted them a lot.

Secondly, I am drafting more younger players with something to prove next year. Every year there's 5-10 guys that really level up and my plan is to draft a bunch of them once I have a couple anchors and hope that as many as possible hit.

10 hours ago, isuckatdfs said:

In all my drafts chris carson was gone with a pick in the 30s. 

I was in 45 leagues (I am a degenerate) and got 2 first 4 2nds a few 3rds.

What did I learn? Avoid the bears. . Imo in auctions pay up for 3 rb you like. Pay down at wr. Pick up 3 TE on draft day not 1. Handcuff rbs day 1 are a lottery ticket that 99 times out of 100 will not pay off. 

2020 auction price on cmac 200 dollar budget where you only start 1 qb per week what is cmac going for? 100? 110? Anything 80 or under i will pay it gladly.

I think with hunt around in cleveland in 2020 i will fade chubb. I see a dumb time share making both rb2s but chubb price will be rb1. This is assuming hunt will not do anything dumb off the field in 2020 offseason.

Went at 46 in my snake. We drafted the night before the kickoff and I have a vague memory that rumors were down on Carson at the time. Might have been why.

Agree about the Bears - even the D was lackluster this year. Agree with your auction stuff, although unfortunately our league rosters aren't quite big enough to handle three TEs.

CMc went for $90 already this year in ours. Only guy who went for more was Saquon ($106), which will probably be where he goes (this is a 16-teamer).

3/12, 5/12, and 10/12.  In the league I care about most (3/12) I drafted from the 12th hole.  Went Cook/Kelce and felt that hit pretty well.  Could have went Cook/MThomas but what ya gonna do.  Went Fournette/Hilton at the 3/4 turn.  Kupp/JWhite at 5/6.  Felt pretty weak at WR all year.  Traded Fournette and Kyler for Hopkins and DWilliams late in the year but didn't have enough fire power to beat the LJackson/CMC owner.  I'd say what I learned was don't draft a RB on a **** team (Fournette.)  Although he had plenty of volume, the TD's just wasn't there.    

Won 3 of 6 leagues. Made it to playoffs in 5 of 6. 

I learned not to drop late round guys in keeper leagues too early just to grab the flavor of the week. 

I learned if a team (falcons. detriot) have a crappy running game, dont expect the back up to come in and be any better then the mediocre starter.

I also learned that you can pay up for the IDP side of an auction draft and do well(won the league) Normaly I pay big for a Zeke/Barkely Julio etc and pay $1 for D players. This year I decided to have a more balanced team(by cost) and pay up for some idp studs and my D scoring carried me to win it all. 

I learned to pay attention to late year trends if the coaches do not change. I couldn't wait to get the Packers #2 WR this year figuring it would be gold. I should have seen they went to more of a running team at the end of last year and would only support 1 viable WR this year. 

I also learned you can make a strong argument to draft your QB after your D and kicker in a 12 team, snake draft, 1 qb league. 

I reinforced my plan of NEVER drafting a Patriots player. Although I had horrible Michel on 2 teams- so dumb. 

• Like 1

Been playing 2 $$ leagues the last 4 years, and I don't really consider one more important than the other, but I really wanted to make the playoffs in the ESPN one, which I finally did this year, and then proceeded to win it, which was nice. Finished 4th in the other league, so probably the best year I've had since doing 2 leagues. 

This year more than any it seems, there were no brainer plays that didn't work out. The example that stays with me is Kenyan Drake getting traded on Monday to the Cardinals who were playing on Thursday against one of the best D's in the league at the time. I'm sure many benched him unless they had no choice. I know I would've, seemed like everything was going against him having a good game. Then of course he comes out and puts up over 162 yards total and a TD, lol