Sign in to follow this  
Jharrisjr1234

Dynasty advice

I make that move ASAP. Story is the star of the trade plus you receive some really good dynasty assets. I like Castillo a lot but Correa has a bad back and doesn't steal bases anymore.

I am taking Correa side. I think Story may be traded out of Colorado in real life. Also scared to death if Whitley can really be fixed. Carlson is a fine prospect but the 7 pick might be too low for a great guy.

Looks pretty decent trade either way, however I lean the Correa/Castillo side.  If losing Castillo really hurts your SP too much, then definitely do not make the trade.  If you have a few extra SP to build around, then make the SS upgrade from Correa to Story.  But I think Castillo will be a top 20-40 SP for quite some time with a chance for more.  Correa has top 5 SS upside if he can avoid the injury bug.  Granted that seems unlikely, but you never know with players.  Strasburg, Stanton, etc have always dealt with injuries, but still have quite a bit of value when they play.  Just make sure you have a decent backup plan for Correa and you will be fine

3 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

I am taking Correa side. I think Story may be traded out of Colorado in real life. Also scared to death if Whitley can really be fixed. Carlson is a fine prospect but the 7 pick might be too low for a great guy.

Story likely not moving. Arenado is opting out very soon.

Correa is the best player involved in the deal keep him, and move Castillo for either an OF or INF upgrade. 

B, mostly because I think Carlson is super polished and going to rake.  Even though he is getting fairly hyped, I still think you are "getting in early", so to speak - at least compared to where he ultimately will be. I see him as a budding .280/.365/.520 kind of bat who can hit 2nd or 3rd for a decent team, and be the ideal 5-hitter on a division winner.