KingJoffrey

Aaron Judge 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

I believe it's "safe" to post here now considering he's out of action - if not I apologize, but I'm very surprised no one has bumped this by now with the DL news.

Without more specifics on his "injury" I'm not sure he's even injured. In a very strange season like this they could be giving him a "break" to preserve him for the playoffs which they're sure they'll make.

Yeah I was just about to write something but stopped before your post.  As a NYY fan I love the guy but I just don't know/see how they can pay this guy when his time comes.  They are stuck with Stanton's deal until 2029 and they just paid Cole a small fortune.  I know the Yanks have deep pockets but I just don't know how they can justify paying him 25-30 mil a year when he can't stay on the field.  If they didn't have Stanton's contract I would say take a chance because when Judge is on the field there aren't many who do what he can.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Does he make it through the weekend without getting hurt again?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

Today's PPD was a kick in the nuts for all Judge owners. I half expected it to be because of another positive test.

4 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

What positive test?

No he was saying that the Yanks Braves game got postponed because of rain but anytime you see games get postponed now you fear that its because of Covid.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, knifeparty said:

No he was saying that the Yanks Braves game got postponed because of rain but anytime you see games get postponed now you fear that its because of Covid.  

My bad. Thanks :(

• Haha 1

Um why is this guy out for both games in today's doubleheader? He was supposed to play last night before it got "rained out"

12 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

Um why is this guy out for both games in today's doubleheader? He was supposed to play last night before it got "rained out"

Where are you seeing that he’s out for both? I thought he’s just out for the 1st game...

22 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

He isn't out for both...  Yahoo is just doing that...

The second game lineups aren't even out yet...

• Like 1

He's batting 2nd tonight. Frazier is also in the game interestingly - batting 5th.

Well - for those of us who had a "discount" during the draft - it's time to pay. Like probably many owners I have "caddied" Frazier - but he's no Judge. 

Aaron Judge was removed from the second game of Wednesday's doubleheader against the Braves in the sixth inning.

Uh oh. Judge was playing in his first game back from a calf injury, so he might have aggravated that ailment. The Yankees should have an update on their slugger shortly.

Aug 26, 2020, 8:57 PM ET

Dude's about as durable as he is handsome.  Welcome to my DND team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Two weeks minimum.

1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Does he ever stretch 

Seriously. It’s not that hard. 

It's bitterly disappointing and will cost some of us championships. 

Maybe Y! will have Judge AND Ohtani as the same person next year - seems appropriate to me. Greatness wasted due to bodies that simply break down in the majors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well this isn’t good. I guess it’s time to sell to non play off contenders and get assets for a playoff run. Smh I’m sad about it. 

Anyone ready to put him in the Stanton Injury Tier? I'm very nervous drafting him next year, dudes made of paper

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Anyone ready to put him in the Stanton Injury Tier? I'm very nervous drafting him next year, dudes made of paper

I had already.  DND unless I can get him the 10th round which will never happen .

Edited by B&F

2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Oh without a doubt. I think he's even more fragile than Stanton.

IMO The Yankees need to find a damn trading partner get rid of Aaron Judge