Sign in to follow this  
BrianM

Who are you buying/fading in 2020?

Fade/NOT HIGH ON

QB

Dak Prescott - #2 QB in my league (kind of shocked by this); fade if Cooper leaves and he gets paid.

RB

Aaron Jones - td regression almost for certain.

James Conner - almost guaranteed to get hurt in game and cost you.

Leveon Bell - unless he is back with PITT

Leonard Fournette - abnormally healthy this year and under performed. wont expect health next season.

WR

Odell Beckham - unless they bring in a guru but I still don't trust Mayfield.

Cooper Kuup- finished #4 overall WR; Higbee's emergence will kill him next year. 

Julian Edelman - getting old; he is tough but age and brady decline is scary.

DJ Chark -  not sold on the Jags offense and was average down the stretch

Buy

QB

Josh Allen - poor mans Lamar low floor.

Philip Rivers - if he goes to TB with Arians.

RB

Joe Mixon - i've said a lot about him on this board but Burrows loves throwing to backs and will move the offense even as a rookie. blocking scheme changed and he started producing.

Raheem Mostert - Breida or Coleman will be gone. run heavy offense.

Saquon Barkley - positive TD ascension..

Alvin Kamara - see Barkley.

Miles Sanders - howard probably walks in free agency.

WR:

Kenny Golladay - enigmatic boom or bust not really. marvin jones presence will frustrate you at least twice a year but he is one of the best deep threats in the league.

DJ Moore - with a consistent QB he can finish top 10 easily.

Tyler Boyd- Burrow effect.

Terry McLaurin - see DJ moore but more like top 20.

Preston Williams - impressive when healthy.

• Like 5

@affliction great list, only gonna disagree with Rivers, it would have be very late in a 2QB league before I'd consider him. I suppose he still ends up with decent stats but it's just so ugly watching him.

What do you guys think of Marquise Brown?

Obviously not a great season, but BAL has got to throw it to someone out there, plus he has the pedigree. 

Still the next Desean Jackson? 

3 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

@affliction great list, only gonna disagree with Rivers, it would have be very late in a 2QB league before I'd consider him. I suppose he still ends up with decent stats but it's just so ugly watching him.

I just like the weapons in TB with Arians. I think he can put up similar touchdown numbers less yards less interceptions. 

5 hours ago, midnight_green81 said:

Obviously not a great season, but BAL has got to throw it to someone out there, plus he has the pedigree. 

He’s a stud. Brown is not just a deep threat, he is a complete 3-level WR with a full route tree. He is proving himself as a red zone threat, too. He hasn’t been fully healthy this year, and wasn’t expected to be after his foot surgery. With a full offseason to heal up, he should be able to actually practice and play a full complement of snaps next year.

Kyler Murray at around Round 5 to 6 will be next year's golden ticket to a fantasy championship.

Fade

Derrick Henry (will be taken in the 1st round but his production will decline back to rb2/flex)

Cleveland offensive players

David Johnson

Howard

Buy

Metcalf

Singletary

Barkley 

Kamara

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 2:16 PM, K197040 said:

Regarding Jacobs, it was really confusing why they weren't using him in the passing game.  After hearing about his injury, and seeing some videos, I believe this (the shoulder) is the reason he wasn't getting many targets.  If you saw any of the videos, it looked like he had trouble raising his arm much more than enough to take a carry.   He'd drop it back down almost immediately after the play.  

Maybe this is a case or rationalization but he looked very limited in movement.  

That being said, Richardson is a pretty good 3rd down back.  But it won't back me off Jacobs.

The thing that would concern me about that is his passing game usage was minimal throughout the whole season. He only had more than 3 targets once. I'm not sure when he picked up the injury but it seems like it  just wasn't in Gruden's game plan to utilize him as a dual threat, which is baffling to everyone. For PPR it's tough to trust an uptick in usage in the passing game, and he did only score in 4 different games this year. I just think his price will be too high come next summer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nickmo said:

The thing that would concern me about that is his passing game usage was minimal throughout the whole season. He only had more than 3 targets once. I'm not sure when he picked up the injury but it seems like it  just wasn't in Gruden's game plan to utilize him as a dual threat, which is baffling to everyone. For PPR it's tough to trust an uptick in usage in the passing game, and he did only score in 4 different games this year. I just think his price will be too high come next summer. 

Agree it was ridiculous the way they failed to use him in the passing game.  But he showed great hands and good route running.  Have to think with a offseason to get better in blitz pickup he will get used more as a dual threat.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, midnight_green81 said:

I like the talent but I just don’t see any WR putting up consistent fantasy points in this offense. L-Jax can win in too many different ways and they’re never trailing in the second half. I think Brown will remain a much better best-ball asset than a redraft WR3 option.

18 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Guice barring health of course 

To add, I think he’ll get volume with his new HC. Stay healthy!

On 1/3/2020 at 10:36 AM, affliction said:

Fade/NOT HIGH ON

QB

Dak Prescott - #2 QB in my league (kind of shocked by this); fade if Cooper leaves and he gets paid.

RB

Aaron Jones - td regression almost for certain.

James Conner - almost guaranteed to get hurt in game and cost you.

Leveon Bell - unless he is back with PITT

Leonard Fournette - abnormally healthy this year and under performed. wont expect health next season.

WR

Odell Beckham - unless they bring in a guru but I still don't trust Mayfield.

Cooper Kuup- finished #4 overall WR; Higbee's emergence will kill him next year. 

Julian Edelman - getting old; he is tough but age and brady decline is scary.

DJ Chark -  not sold on the Jags offense and was average down the stretch

Buy

QB

Josh Allen - poor mans Lamar low floor.

Philip Rivers - if he goes to TB with Arians.

RB

Joe Mixon - i've said a lot about him on this board but Burrows loves throwing to backs and will move the offense even as a rookie. blocking scheme changed and he started producing.

Raheem Mostert - Breida or Coleman will be gone. run heavy offense.

Saquon Barkley - positive TD ascension..

Alvin Kamara - see Barkley.

Miles Sanders - howard probably walks in free agency.

WR:

Kenny Golladay - enigmatic boom or bust not really. marvin jones presence will frustrate you at least twice a year but he is one of the best deep threats in the league.

DJ Moore - with a consistent QB he can finish top 10 easily.

Tyler Boyd- Burrow effect.

Terry McLaurin - see DJ moore but more like top 20.

Preston Williams - impressive when healthy.

Are you buying into Tyler Boyd when there is Auden Tate? I would agree due to the lack of weapons outside of Mixon there should be enough targets to go around. I would say wouldn't this be another Detroit like situation where one guy holds the other back? I do like the rest of the list maybe outside of Rivers since he's so old it's hard to know what to expect. I know most that have written him off outside of a bye week filler for a few years now. 

On 1/4/2020 at 12:46 AM, fachowski said:

Derrick Henry (will be taken in the 1st round but his production will decline back to rb2/flex)

Why would you think this with the volume he’s getting? 

Posted (edited)

Fade Dalvin Cook on the last year of his rookie contract and buy Mattisson. That manageable pain could turn into offsason surgery.

i wouldnt buy Dalvin until the Vikings indicate in the offseason what they will do with his contract

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

I think I’ll buy Thielen if his price slips next year. He’s never been hurt before this year and I think he could be a bounce back candidate. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 12:46 AM, fachowski said:

Fade

Why would it decline?  I'd guess it improves as they involve him in the passing game more.

On 1/6/2020 at 8:22 AM, Lord_Varys said:

Why would it decline?  I'd guess it improves as they involve him in the passing game more.

What leads you to believe that will actually happen?  Henry went full beast mode this year and still caught a little over one reception per game.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:30 AM, ravensfanatic0 said:

Are you buying into Tyler Boyd when there is Auden Tate? I would agree due to the lack of weapons outside of Mixon there should be enough targets to go around. I would say wouldn't this be another Detroit like situation where one guy holds the other back? I do like the rest of the list maybe outside of Rivers since he's so old it's hard to know what to expect. I know most that have written him off outside of a bye week filler for a few years now. 

I would take a flyer on Tate only if Green leaves.

43 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What leads you to believe that will actually happen?  Henry went full beast mode this year and still caught a little over one reception per game.

He's increased his usage year over year.  I'd expect a minor uptick if nothing else to keep the trend.

I have a hunch Lewis will be gone for cap reasons.

If Henry gets a big deal they may wanna justify it by using him more.

He's really good in the screen game so it'd be a logical progression to take advantage of it more.

If he had 20 this year, I think 25 is a reasonable expectation, but there's upside for 40.  That's 2.5 recs per game -- he doesn't need to be CMC to get a screen or two and a dumpoff per game.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

He's increased his usage year over year.  I'd expect a minor uptick if nothing else to keep the trend.

I have a hunch Lewis will be gone for cap reasons.

If Henry gets a big deal they may wanna justify it by using him more.

He's really good in the screen game so it'd be a logical progression to take advantage of it more.

If he had 20 this year, I think 25 is a reasonable expectation, but there's upside for 40.  That's 2.5 recs per game -- he doesn't need to be CMC to get a screen or two and a dumpoff per game.

He was targeted six more times and caught three more balls than he did as a part-timer in 2018.  I’m not suggesting they shouldn’t use him more as a receiver, but I’m not seeing how the tea leaves shake out to his seeing a significant rise in targets in 2020.  40 receptions would literally more than double anything he’s done over the past three seasons.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 5:28 AM, Lord_Varys said:

Joe Mixon will be a top 5 RB that you will probably be able to get in the 2nd round.

Nick Chubb had bad touchdown luck, and if Hunt is gone and they add OL, he'll also be top 5.

If Kansas City drafts Taylor, Swift, Etienne, or Dobbins, they are worth a late 1st / early 2nd pick.

Not buying this till he can stay healthy for a full season.  Looks to have the talent but breaks down every year. 

Taylor Swift would do well on end-arounds. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

Taylor Swift would do well on end-arounds. 

She’s pretty slight. I guess if she takes it to the house? I don’t want to see her get tackled by a linebacker. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 5:14 PM, BrianM said:

• Aaron Rodgers/Davante Adams:  Price will matter here, but my early thought is that both are popular and Adams's injury is blamed for their production woes.  My thought is they'll be overdrafted expecting a bounceback, but the new way in GB is a running team.  Also, their defense had a great year- its hard to QB1 overall when you dont ever need to throw for 400 yards to win.  

It actually happened this year. Lamar was QB1 and Baltimore statistically had the best defense the last 12 weeks of the season

On 1/6/2020 at 9:22 PM, Lord_Varys said:

On 1/6/2020 at 2:05 AM, JoeJoe88 said:

Why would you think this with the volume he’s getting? 

I peg that he's on the DeMarco Murray (coincidentally, the dude he replaced as the feature back) trajectory. 2 years straight with a heavy workload plus the beating he's gonna get in this year's playoffs.