Amendola96

Isaiah Hartenstein 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

What a monster stat line.. expect capela to sit on one of the back to back this upcoming week, so if you have a streamer spot definitely pick him up!

Don't u dare speak that about Capela the goat lol

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Crazy how there’s gems like this rotting on benches 

Isn't it?  There is a lot of talent in the NBA and often times it is just a matter of opportunity and team fit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Don't u dare speak that about Capela the goat lol

Lol 1st place owner has him... would be nice to not have capela drop a 20/20 on me next week.. haha

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, indigorivers said:

If he could shoot 3s then they'd consider it

Although its been pretty rough he's gone from 1 attempt / game his first year, to 2.5 last year, to 3.5 this year (G-League stats).  Averaging 1 make a game on 28.6%.  Catch and shoot 3's are the easiest skill to develop in the NBA.  If he can get to over 30% to somewhere around league average on low volume, that would be even better for his outlook.  

I wouldn't recommend playing him at the 4 tho.  His value is at the 5.  Capela needs to sit for him to have value.  

Hartenstein was the MVP of the G-League btw.  

I mentioned in another thread, probably the breakout players thread, that at some point in the future, with minutes he could average around a double / double (15+10) with 1+ threes, 1 steal, and 2 blocks on good efficiency.

Edited by hipriest69

5 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I'm on board. Really hoping Capela opts for surgery on his heel. 

Man... i'd drop clarke so fast, if that was the case for this dude..

Capela will play Tuesday night, likely taking away from any streaming appeal for Hartenstein. However, if you can afford the luxury stash to wait and see what happens with his mins once Capela is back (and in case Capela re-aggravates his injury), then it seems like an ideal option.

This guy needs to be a starter. Wonder if he gets traded? 

hes too good to not roster until the deadline just to see what happens. esp. with capelas heel injury - heel injuries tend to linger. some sort of short term shut down/surgery is definitely possible. if you can afford to roster a little dead weight until the deadline id say hes a good stash. 

3 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

This guy needs to be a starter. Wonder if he gets traded? 

Yeah he’s good! End if my bench. If I let him go I think he’ll be gobbled up and stashed fast. Capela owner would be very wise to cuff. Lol!! Cuff in B-Ball . But hey crap I have Dieng with Towns so..... 

capela went down for a month about same time last year 

wasn’t it the heal last year too? Do I smell planter?

Edited by Bugs bunny

Hartenstein league winner 😂😂😂. We are all going to just laugh at the end. Melo and Hartenstein!  Lol 

And Graham 

Edited by Bugs bunny

6 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

hes too good to not roster until the deadline just to see what happens. esp. with capelas heel injury - heel injuries tend to linger. some sort of short term shut down/surgery is definitely possible. if you can afford to roster a little dead weight until the deadline id say hes a good stash. 

D'Antoni said it's just a bruise. Doesn't seem like a serious issue that would cause a surgery.

• Like 1

Just now, fbbaddict said:

D'Antoni said it's just a bruise. Doesn't seem like a serious issue that would cause a surgery.

pretty sure they said the same thing about Otto Porters injury which turned out to be a fracture. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

pretty sure they said the same thing about Otto Porters injury which turned out to be a fracture. 

Different team, different player, different medical staff, different part of the foot etc... I got what you say tho, and I'm not completely against stashing Hartenstein, but I think we should temper our expectations.

Edit: I actually stashed him in one of my leagues, where I'm going to make playoffs comfortably.

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Like 1

They have an open roster spot so I imagine they'll be looking to add to their depth but in the meanwhile maybe Hartenstein can carve out a 20+ minute role 

Would love to see him get all the backup C minutes along w some PF minutes

Could be brutal for their spacing but f--- it lol 

Unfortunately l my leagues are weekly. He'd give me about 40-50 fantasy points tonight, then about 5 for the rest of the week 

23 minutes ago, 4th and 9ers said:

Capela doubtful tonight, Hart could be an interesting stream for today at least.

Going against Gobert. Otherwise I'd rush to add in basically any other situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flat_eric said:

Going against Gobert. Otherwise I'd rush to add in basically any other situation.

This.  Literally the worst matchup possible.

I grabbed because I know someone else would have in light of the questionable heel health of capela. if it devolves into something worse I want to have him on my roster. worth one average/below average game with my league settings

He is coming off the bench,this starting lineup lol,Gobert is going 20+20