stickman786

Sekou Doumbouya 2019-2020 Outlook

4 games starting. 

Played 27,38, 34 and 33 minutes.

Averaging

13pts 7reb 0.5ast 1.2stl 0.5blk and around 50% FG

Should only improve but as others have mentioned, hopefully Casey doesn't run him into the ground. 

Posted (edited)

Will Morris steal some of his minutes when he returns? making me hesitate to use my #1 waiver on him.. was dropped few days ago by somebody in a 20 person league h2h

Edited by pmurda187

6 minutes ago, pmurda187 said:

Will Morris steal some of his minutes when he returns? making me hesitate to use my #1 waiver on him.. was dropped few days ago by somebody in a 20 person league h2h

Morris is getting ruled out a day in advance.. and Sekou is making a case for min. You won’t have to worry about Morris for a while.

Knowing Casey, he'll be playing Morris 38 minutes a game when he gets back.  But the management should have the mandate to play the young guns as much as possible, and Morris should get traded for some second round picks or maybe a late first rounder if the opposing team is feeling generous. 

1 hour ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Knowing Casey, he'll be playing Morris 38 minutes a game when he gets back.  But the management should have the mandate to play the young guns as much as possible, and Morris should get traded for some second round picks or maybe a late first rounder if the opposing team is feeling generous. 

Don't think we have to worry about Morris. Sekou is being a beast and everyone knows it, especially Casey. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Kid is playing really nice on-ball defense. Did an admirable job on lebron the other night.. I don't think his minutes will drop below 30 any night just for the glaring need at SF with his ability to guard PF. Casey has also shown he's not afraid to go big with drummond/wood/sekou with the right matchup

Morris shouldn't have any impact, but who knows with detroit

Edited by CoachK

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

What % of FAAB you guys dropping on him? $20/$100 too much?

Save your money and spend it on entering a competitive league next year

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

I'd use all my FAAB

$100/$100

18 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Save your money and spend it on entering a competitive league next year

What about the post leads you to believe it’s not a competitive league. Serious question as this is my first year playing with FAAB. Is $20/$100 too much or too little?

2 minutes ago, theantishere said:

What about the post leads you to believe it’s not a competitive league. Serious question as this is my first year playing with FAAB. Is $20/$100 too much or too little?

Your question belongs in the Assistant Coach forum. Doum has been added in pro leagues since the first game he played over 2 minutes, his ownership rate isn't even moving much from today simply because of how widely owned he already is.

6 minutes ago, theantishere said:

The assumption that he is still on WW. If he was in a competitive league, he would have been gone. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thornton1986 said:

Look at the most recent transactions of the league. See what is the average price the league have been spending. Then try to outbid that. Example, if someone just picked up Culver for $5 then try to do at least $6-7 And if you feel he is worth it, then do $10. Every league is different depending on how someone in the league value the player. That is the best way I can explain how much you should spend. 

Also, the need as well. Example, I just dropped a big amount for Bryant because my team is lacking the C position. 

• Thanks 1

I picked him up last week and he has the chance to be a great asset ROS. Just in his last couple of games he produced really well and don't forget he is just 19 years old and still finding his place in the rotation!

If Drummond gets dealt there are a lot of rebounds up for grabs, I can see him putting up something like 15/7/1.5/1/1 when he gets 33min a game. Would be totally sweet if that happens ❤️

1 minute ago, KB24MVP said:

I picked him up last week and he has the chance to be a great asset ROS. Just in his last couple of games he produced really well and don't forget he is just 19 years old and still finding his place in the rotation!

If Drummond gets dealt there are a lot of rebounds up for grabs, I can see him putting up something like 15/7/1.5/1/1 when he gets 33min a game. Would be totally sweet if that happens ❤️

That's not an unreasonable expectation.  If Drummond gets dealt his rebounds might even be higher.  His floor is pretty high, I'm just worried about his scoring.  At least he's not a featured guy on offense so teams won't key in on his tendancies as much.  Considering he is only 19 and not very polished, that's a good thing.  And he can just keep dunking on guys like he did to TT. 

4 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

''Over his last four games, the rookie is posting top-100 numbers in 9-cat with 13.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 1.5 steals, 0.5 blocks and 1.3 triples''

He is already quite close to your line already in the past few games. I think he can increase his points to maybe 17, and I would not be surprised if his rebound total gets to around 9 after Drummond gets traded.

12 hours ago, thornton1986 said:

in a dynasty im dropping at least 75. however i doubt he would be available in dynasty.

Sekou playing SF anyways. Morris or Sekou will probably both start and one of them playing PF and the other SF. Chances of Drummond being traded makes Sekou stock as a stash much higher.