stickman786

Sekou Doumbouya 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DemOrioles said:

We get it, someone else in your league beat you to Dr Doum.  It’s ok, there’s always next season.

he's the same guy who called me a bad fantasy manager and Favors a bad basketball player in another thread, cut him some slack. 95% of his posts are useless, the rest are useful because they're funny.

Edited by doomz
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

We get it, someone else in your league beat you to Dr Doum.  It’s ok, there’s always next season.

Lol 

Man, I would not drop Huerter.  Neither Satoransky.  Unless you really want the upside in rebounds.  Those guys offer too much more. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Man, I would not drop Huerter.  Neither Satoransky.  Unless you really want the upside in rebounds.  Those guys offer too much more. 

Those two are no where near league winners. Sekou has much higher upside. 

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Those two are no where near league winners. Sekou has much higher upside. 

Yah think?  I think Huerter has a really high ceiling (scoring, lowish FG%, FT%, rebounds and assists, and even steals).  Satoransky is a good glue guy.  Sekou i'm not sure about since he's so new but I'm holding him anyway.  Hope he can up the boards and get his stocks in order.  Sekou is going to probably be the better player in a couple of years, but this year I don't know.  He just needs to keep doing the energy things, and the game will come to him.  Wonder if his short starting stint has played him into the rising stars challenge? 

19 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Yah think?  I think Huerter has a really high ceiling (scoring, lowish FG%, FT%, rebounds and assists, and even steals).  Satoransky is a good glue guy.  Sekou i'm not sure about since he's so new but I'm holding him anyway.  Hope he can up the boards and get his stocks in order.  Sekou is going to probably be the better player in a couple of years, but this year I don't know.  He just needs to keep doing the energy things, and the game will come to him.  Wonder if his short starting stint has played him into the rising stars challenge? 

It's all conjecture at this point, Sekou is a big old lottery ticket atm. Drummond could be traded opening up more rebounds, we haven't seen him play big minutes with Kennard, does coach give Markieff the starting role when he's back? I'm hoping for the best

Posted (edited)

I really like Sekou and wanna be part of the hype! A clueless owner just dropped him.. so im considering picking him for Damion Lee, but i see major upside with both! Decisions!

Edited by Walter330i

3 hours ago, Walter330i said:

I really like Sekou and wanna be part of the hype! A clueless owner just dropped him.. so im considering picking him for Damion Lee, but i see major upside with both! Decisions!

who else do you have to drop? damion's got some upside to him as well

9 minutes ago, larfboy said:

who else do you have to drop? damion's got some upside to him as well

Honestly... nobody really... the next closest drop I would consider is Marcus Morris Sr (NY)., Willie Caulie-Stein, or TJ Warren. You see my dilemma? I really like Sekou though I think he will eat the bulk of the minutes at SF/PF even when Morris comes back.I also think Detroit wants to see what they have in this kid. Then again Damion Lee will only get more run as GS keeps tanking as the season goes on. I really don't know lol

On 1/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, thornton1986 said:

What % of FAAB you guys dropping on him? $20/$100 too much?

All (deep leagues).  Half for shallower leagues.  

I am a little worried about Morris until I see otherwise.  But his a** could be up out the paint soon in a trade or whatever.  

1 hour ago, Walter330i said:

Honestly... nobody really... the next closest drop I would consider is Marcus Morris Sr (NY)., Willie Caulie-Stein, or TJ Warren. You see my dilemma? I really like Sekou though I think he will eat the bulk of the minutes at SF/PF even when Morris comes back.I also think Detroit wants to see what they have in this kid. Then again Damion Lee will only get more run as GS keeps tanking as the season goes on. I really don't know lol

Yeah..if you're in dynasty i'd drop Damion for Sekou...

Sekou has shown some real promise albeit very small sample size. They were advertising this kid as the next Giannis. I doubt he reaches that however a 60-75% Giannis is pretty damn good as well.

4 hours ago, Walter330i said:

I have Marcus Morris too and I wouldn’t drop him for Sekou. I would want to see if he stays in NY, reports are he isn’t being shopped.

36 minutes ago, LebronsHairline said:

I have Marcus Morris too and I wouldn’t drop him for Sekou. I would want to see if he stays in NY, reports are he isn’t being shopped.

Marcus Morris won't be a factor in fantasy playoffs. NY wont play him the minutes around that time. 

15 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Marcus Morris won't be a factor in fantasy playoffs. NY wont play him the minutes around that time. 

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt from 2019, it’s never try and pretend to know what the Knicks are thinking. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rfhamilton said:

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt from 2019, it’s never try and pretend to know what the Knicks are thinking. 

In saying that it's a trend from last season when MRob was getting a tonne of minutes at the end of the season. 

Edited by j3rkthenurk

Welp I got my wish and was able to pick up Sekou while keeping Damion Lee... Thanks Embiid -____- LETS GO GIANNIS JR!!!

Drummond is like a vacuum out there just gobbling up every rebound and making almost every play on the offensive end. It's actually amazing Dr Doum was able to grab 10+ boards a few games ago lol.

Edited by sharkpotato

18 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Looking like another guy that gets way too overhyped around here

Lol you obviously haven't seen this kid play.

And he is in foul trouble this game...

Edited by j3rkthenurk

One thing we can take from this game is the coach is willing to play him through foul trouble.

Good learning curve for Sekou.