stickman786

Sekou Doumbouya 2019-2020 Outlook

KLove is a super smart big, who knows how to draw a foul. It's part of the education process.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Lol you obviously haven't seen this kid play.

And he is in foul trouble this game...

His lines in his last two games were nothing to write home about either. In fact, they were brutal games in points league settings. Brutal games

4 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

His lines in his last two games were nothing to write home about either. In fact, they were brutal games in points league settings. Brutal games

He just turned 19 and he is a ridiculously good player for his age. He will have games like these because he is a rookie. As I said before, you haven't seen the kid play so you cant make the statement that he is overhyped. 

There is upside this season (and most definitely in dynasty leagues) since he is the future of this franchise and Drummond will most likely be traded - meaning more rebounds and more usage for him. 

Points leagues are ****. Play a categories league or a roto league. 

Edited by j3rkthenurk

he’ll be ok, euro guys learn quickly (well, most of them, not mario hezonja tho)

Noobs will drop after 1 bad foul troubled game

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When Drummond goes is when the actual feasting will begin. Imagine him with 7-8 reb a game and about 3 or 4 more shots hnnnnnng. Be patient my pretties

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Looking like another guy that gets way too overhyped around here

Takes more than clicking your Yahoo! Fantasy App; try watching a game or two... you know he has the tools to be good. Take a hike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

Takes more than clicking your Yahoo! Fantasy App; try watching a game or two... you know he has the tools to be good. Take a hike.

Doesn't matter if he has the "tools" or not. In fantasy, its about a players ability to put up stats. And stats is something he hasn't been putting up very well. 

Like, somebody in this thread dropped Tristan Thompson for him. Probably because he bought into the hype. Right now in their game, Tristan has a career game going for himself. Sekou?  8 points, and more fouls than rebounds/assists/stocks combined. 3rd nothing game in a row 

2 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Doesn't matter if he has the "tools" or not. In fantasy, its about a players ability to put up stats. And stats is something he hasn't been putting up very well. 

Like, somebody in this thread dropped Tristan Thompson for him. Probably because he bought into the hype. Right now in their game, Tristan has a career game going for himself. Sekou?  8 points, and more fouls than rebounds/assists/stocks combined. 3rd nothing game in a row 

You sound like you're coming last in your league or just playing with mates. To say that it doesn't matter that he has the tools is ludicrous.

Edited by j3rkthenurk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

it matters if he has the tools, everything matters in the game of basketball so that also goes for fantasy as well, i only see positives and possibilities, if youre not going by that in the game of fantasy when youre lookin for the next “big” thing for your team, then i dont know what youre doing, my ww is dry, i always risk and every year end up with someone relatively unknown contributing on my team when it matters the most...so yeah, thats that

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

You have a perspective of someone who will only buy once he's already producing.
We have a perspective of buying someone who can eventually produce in the near future, so we can get ahead versus the others.

Since you are playing in a 6 or 10-team league with buddies who is hearing basketball for the first time, I say you can take your perspective with you and shove it somewhere other than this thread.

Edited by wisegeeks
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

if you're in like a 10-14 team league where there are plenty of options on the waiver wire, sure, OK

but if you're in a deeper league, the waiver is as dry as a 90 year old grandma and you're constantly scouting for the next hottest pickup

i'm guessing you're in a smaller league where guys like brandon clarke and derrick favors are available. in bigger competitive leagues, no one is dropping those guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wisegeeks said:

You have a perspective of someone who will only buy once he's already producing.
We have a perspective of buying someone who can eventually produce in the near future.

Since you are playing in a 6 or 10-team league with buddies who is hearing basketball for the first time, I say you can take your perspective with you

10 team league and have been playing for a long time, well before it was popular. What I'm saying is, this is why you don't drop useful players for hype machines that nobody knew a week ago, based on 2 solid games. Hell, this time last week, everybody was still hyping up Christian Wood. 

• Haha 3

On 1/8/2020 at 2:50 PM, pmurda187 said:

Will Morris steal some of his minuted when he returns? making me hesitate to use my #1 waiver on him.. was dropped few days ago by somebody in a 20 person league h2h

He is extremely raw and i bet my left nut that Markieff gets the start when he returns and Sekou comes off the bench. 

I love the posters that crush a guy who was unknown a week ago and has a bad game.  Even the best guys have bad games due to foul trouble.  He may not help win a week right now but the minutes are the telling sign.  He is averaging 32 plus over the last five and still got 20 plus this game.  As the season goes on he has the makings to be a league winner.  

In fantasy opportunity rules and he is getting a lot of run.  The stats will follow.  

Like a past poster said be patient and enjoy the fact you added him before he went off as opposed to not getting him because you were too late.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

He is extremely raw and i bet my left nut that Markieff gets the start when he returns and Sekou comes off the bench. 

i mean, he’s not extremely raw, he’s raw but dude already has developed some aspects of his game, he has an enormous potential for growth plus he had a quite good season for an 17-18yr old in limoges, watched him live a year ago, played pretty good...he’s just inexperienced at this point

35 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Is it irrational or somewhat understandable to drop him in a 10-teamer?

There should be alot of players  better than Sekou a 10 team waiver wire. 

Edited by DiscoNinja33
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's all about the options what are available in your league. If its a small league with small rosters, of course you don't need to wait and see if this guy gets a good run or if he blows. In deeper leagues (14+) it's hard to find good players who can fill in for injured players or just replace guys who stink. This guy has shown that he could become a very decent player down the stretch, the parameters for this are pretty tempting (Drummond on the trade block, Griffin out) and he has great talent. 

It's worth a shot and there is no need to talk negative about this kid after one dud game. He'll get his chances. If he blows them he just goes back to the WW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2