stickman786

Sekou Doumbouya 2019-2020 Outlook

He shot 60%, made 2 3s, and got a block. 8/1/1. This is his bad game 19 yr old and playing basically his 5th or 6th real game. I am definitely drafting him next year. This year hard to say but he’s fun!  Much better than say a Bobby Portis or Kanter. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

Dropped for PJ Washington 

PJ in free agency....competitive league

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

PJ isn't available in any of my 10-team leagues

Serious question, but don't want to derail the topic too much. But why wouldn't PJ Washington be available? He is only ranked 144th on bbal monster past 2months (9cath) and even 175th past 2 weeks. I'd like him in dynasty, but he is also available in my 10 teamer (9cath roto) and I don't really feel inclined to pick him up. 

I much rather take a gamble on the potential upside of count Doum.

• Like 1

Dr Doum is awesome

he's shown he can do a bit of everything - shoot, defend, rebound, can finish with either hand, hanlde is passable, hes made some nice passes. detroit should feed him as much as they can

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

PJ in free agency....competitive league

5 hours ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

PJ isn't available in any of my 10-team leagues

PJ has been dropped, picked up, dropped, picked up, dropped, and currently picked up again in my league.

IMO PJ being on the WW in a 10 team is not indicative of a non-competitive league.  He is not a must-own for all teams in a 10 team.  And the stats back that up. 

Sekou who was scooped up in my league is talented for sure and worth a gamble depending on who you drop, but he is not a must-own either.  For everyone that is completely gaga with the Sekou hype machine, he has some fantasy holes and consistency issues which is normal being a 19 year old rookie with a questionable coach (and no, not bitter as I had ample time to pick him up and chose not to).  I think sometimes on here emotions come into play and people get enamored (I am guilty of it too) with being the first on someone and beating people to the punch in their league when a shiny new toy comes along without really thinking about the true usefulness and worth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I think sometimes on here emotions come into play and people get enamored (I am guilty of it too) with being the first on someone and beating people to the punch in their league when a shiny new toy comes along without really thinking about the true usefulness and worth.

There's truth to all this, I personally find some irrational excitement in rostering a promising player whose possible statistical yields are still unknown. Kind of like the "it could be anything" mystery box thang.

2 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

PJ has been dropped, picked up, dropped, picked up, dropped, and currently picked up again in my league.

IMO PJ being on the WW in a 10 team is not indicative of a non-competitive league.  He is not a must-own for all teams in a 10 team.  And the stats back that up. 

Sekou who was scooped up in my league is talented for sure and worth a gamble depending on who you drop, but he is not a must-own either.  For everyone that is completely gaga with the Sekou hype machine, he has some fantasy holes and consistency issues which is normal being a 19 year old rookie with a questionable coach (and no, not bitter as I had ample time to pick him up and chose not to).  I think sometimes on here emotions come into play and people get enamored (I am guilty of it too) with being the first on someone and beating people to the punch in their league when a shiny new toy comes along without really thinking about the true usefulness and worth.

Exactly right. Nothing more annoying than someone who just instantly says your league isn’t competitive without even knowing the facts. 

I have one of the most competitive 10 man leagues I’ve ever had, where everyone is still putting in 100% effort. You usually see a team or 2 drop off by now when they know they can’t make playoffs. 

its PJ Washington we’re talking about too, not like it’s Ibaka still on the wire or something. 

The same thing has happening in my league of PJ being dropped and picked up several times. 

Sekou has upside but the consistency of the top couple of the guys I could get on the wire outweighed that (Washington, Brooks, Murray). 

if Drummond gets traded it’s another story though. 

16 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

Sekou has upside but the consistency of the top couple of the guys I could get on the wire outweighed that (Washington, Brooks, Murray). 

if Drummond gets traded it’s another story though. 

giphy.gif

This kid is showing all the signs and has improved significantly in the last year.  Strong enough to hold up on defense in the post, quick enough to get into the passing lanes, long enough to get steals and blocks - especially in space/coming from behind when he gets beat, has a sweet 3 ball stroke, shows flashes of decent passing, has straight line speed and is a nightmare in transition and attacking the basket on closeouts, finishes with finesse or power....all as a 19 year old...putting up rosterable stats in his first 5 games in the NBA.  He's Siakam with a better shot but less handles/passing, but so many similarities...hoping the stocks translate better than Siakam...

Traded Thomas Bryant for Sekou plus a 1st round pick in dynasty roto.  Sad about losing Bryant but stoked to be on the Sekou train...  

19 hours ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

He is extremely raw and i bet my left nut that Markieff gets the start when he returns and Sekou comes off the bench. 

Say goodbye to your left nut then. Gotta develop the 30yo journeyman Kieff don't they? Lol 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Say goodbye to your left nut then. Gotta develop the 30yo journeyman Kieff don't they? Lol 

Agree with this, but I wouldn’t actually mind him in the second unit where Drummond won’t be feasting on his boards. 

9 minutes ago, StockCity said:

Agree with this, but I wouldn’t actually mind him in the second unit where Drummond won’t be feasting on his boards. 

Problem is Drummond plays so many minutes there isn't that much of an opportunity to play without Him on court.  

6 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Problem is Drummond plays so many minutes there isn't that much of an opportunity to play without Him on court.  

Im pretty confident that Detroit will trade him before the deadline. If they don't they risk getting nothing in return just like Charlotte did last season. Once Drummond is traded I think we start to see a few more FG his way and a big uptick in rebounds. They have all the incentive in the world to play this kid hopefully Casey doesn't ruin it. Although he has shown he's committed to the kid early on, hopefully that sticks. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

This kid is showing all the signs and has improved significantly in the last year.  Strong enough to hold up on defense in the post, quick enough to get into the passing lanes, long enough to get steals and blocks - especially in space/coming from behind when he gets beat, has a sweet 3 ball stroke, shows flashes of decent passing, has straight line speed and is a nightmare in transition and attacking the basket on closeouts, finishes with finesse or power....all as a 19 year old...putting up rosterable stats in his first 5 games in the NBA.  He's Siakam with a better shot but less handles/passing, but so many similarities...hoping the stocks translate better than Siakam...

Traded Thomas Bryant for Sekou plus a 1st round pick in dynasty roto.  Sad about losing Bryant but stoked to be on the Sekou train...  

And to think he's only had to go up against Kawhi, Lebron, AD, Draymond, Love, and Thompson.  

• Like 1

Unlike a lot of young players / rookies - he won't hurt you in efficiency, like RJ, Coby, Culver, etc...

Edited by hipriest69

23 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Unlike a lot of young players / rookies - he won't hurt you in efficiency, like RJ, Coby, Culver, etc...

That could change when he gets increased usage. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Yeah this guy sucks

drummond has only 2 more pts, 1 more reb at halftime than sekou, so he sucks too? 

3 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

drummond has only 2 more pts, 1 more reb at halftime than sekou, so he sucks too? 

sure, in this game at least