stickman786

Sekou Doumbouya 2019-2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Still waiting for that breakout game..

probably won't see it until after Drummond is traded.

• Like 1

Even if Drummond gets traded I'd be worried about who the Pistons take back because the Pistons offense is horrible.  The last thing Doumbouya needs after potentially getting free of Drummond's shadow is another usage hog to arrive. 

It actually wouldn't surprise me if even after Drummond potentially gets traded Doubouya doesn't really break out.  The Pistons offense is that bad.

1 minute ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Even if Drummond gets traded I'd be worried about who the Pistons take back because the Pistons offense is horrible.  The last thing Doumbouya needs after potentially getting free of Drummond's shadow is another usage hog to arrive. 

It actually wouldn't surprise me if even after Drummond potentially gets traded Doubouya doesn't really break out.  The Pistons offense is that bad.

Drumm won't trade because he wants max contract.But Pistons see future in Sekou,and now Drumm play like a bitch and don't give pass Sekou,when he alone.

A triple one with rebounds. Minutes looking real good. Better on court play. Still not cutting it for my liking tho. Drop city.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

A triple one with rebounds. Minutes looking real good. Better on court play. Still not cutting it for my liking tho. Drop city.

You crazy man 

2 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

You crazy man 

I shocked myself sometimes seeing how crazy good I am.

Drummond wants to get paid max money (who wouldn't).  Teams that want to pay max money to a defensive center who doesn't play good defense (notice how he's never been in the conversation for DPOY, or even on an all defense team).  His offense is retro 90's ball.  He can't lead a team to win with his limited game (not a director of traffic passer like Jokic or even Gasol).  Which team wants to invest a big part of their cap in him?  See Capela, who signed for much less than he is worth.  Even if Drummond had worked on his jumper to have a decent corner 3, he'd be worth a lot more to teams.  Imagine teams having to deploy a center to stop him on the boards and still have to be mobile enough to guard him at the 3 point line.  He'd be unstoppable. 

Anyway, Dr. Doum having a great game today!  I've tempered my expectations and am a much happier person now LOL. 

46 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Drummond wants to get paid max money (who wouldn't).  Teams that want to pay max money to a defensive center who doesn't play good defense (notice how he's never been in the conversation for DPOY, or even on an all defense team).  His offense is retro 90's ball.  He can't lead a team to win with his limited game (not a director of traffic passer like Jokic or even Gasol).  Which team wants to invest a big part of their cap in him?  See Capela, who signed for much less than he is worth.  Even if Drummond had worked on his jumper to have a decent corner 3, he'd be worth a lot more to teams.  Imagine teams having to deploy a center to stop him on the boards and still have to be mobile enough to guard him at the 3 point line.  He'd be unstoppable. 

Anyway, Dr. Doum having a great game today!  I've tempered my expectations and am a much happier person now LOL. 

For a 19 yo this was an awesome line

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, n.mollov said:

For a 19 yo an NBA player this was an awesome line

FTFY.

• Like 3

After his first two games I spent my entire remaining FAAB ($41) on him in a deep league.  At first I thought I might regret it.  Now I'm naming all my kids Sekou.  

• Haha 7

christian wood with a better line tho, in less minutes as well 18-9 with 5stocks, 2 3's and 6/6 FT.

16 minutes ago, simon said:

christian wood with a better line tho, in less minutes as well 18-9 with 5stocks, 2 3's and 6/6 FT.

Cool story. Now get out of this thread.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, n.mollov said:

I'm not saying this wasn't awesome, just he was a little underwhelming after his first two games got us all so excited.  The key is really Drummond getting sent off to pasture and opening it up for the young Pistons front court.  We can all cherry pick games to get excited about but I get excited about a string of solid games, not just one.  That said, I'm still holding onto this kid and if I was in a dynasty league other managers could try to pry him from my cold dead hands.  

1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Cool story. Now get out of this thread.

can't handle the truth huh

19 minutes ago, simon said:

can't handle the truth huh

No offense man but you're making all of us wood supporters look bad. It's not one or the other, Sekou and Wood can co-exist, they play two different positions. We should be happy for both of them, especially if you own both (which I do).. coming into a thread when Sekou had a very nice game and has had multiple nice multi-cat lines and saying 'WOOD IS THE MAN SEKOU SUCKS TOLD YA SO' is just in poor taste on a night where they both contributed, and even if Wood did well and Sekou didn't it's unwarranted. Wood still has a long way to go, he could figuratively **** the bed the next game against Boston and you'll look super dumb for doing this, and in turn make all of us look bad.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, GrandPa said:

Drumm won't trade because he wants max contract.But Pistons see future in Sekou,and now Drumm play like a bitch and don't give pass Sekou,when he alone.

Lay off the booz gramps . And folks seem to forget , it’s doesn’t matter what Drummond wants. If the Pistons are inclined to trade him for a bag of peanuts , than so it shall be. 

Per36 puts him at 45% fg, 1.4 3s, 6 rbs, 1.2 steals, 0.5 blks and 14 points... what rank do you guys think that puts him at.. like top 100, or 80, or 70?

And you guys think his stats going to be like that ROS?

1.4 threes,6rbs,1.2 steals and 14 pts kinda makes him a better efficient Aminu version with consistent minutes.

I would say that puts him inside top 100 right?  I really like guys who can score a little, rebound, and gets steals/blocks.  Wish his FG% was better, but he's a 19 yo player, not a miracle.  Perhaps his boards go up some if Drummond gets sent away. 

• Like 1

We were all seeing it wrong. Dr. Douum is the one that’s being showcased along with Drummond. NY Doh 😎

Edited by Bugs bunny

Scooped him up from waiver. Actually need a 3 player for my team after I dropped Miles Bridges a while ago. 

Hopefully drummond is moved and sekou will be unleashed