stickman786

Sekou Doumbouya 2019-2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, csklmf said:

I hope he is able to add some more peripheral stats. Points only stat makes him Harrison Barnes or Kyle kuzma only 

Still, he keeps himself on the court with efficient scoring like this. I'm optimistic the peripherals are otw.

Lol you guys will find a way to complain about damn near everything. It's honestly like watching a bunch of grumpy old women moan and whine about every little thing. Dudes been putting up stocks every game almost. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Lol you guys will find a way to complain about damn near everything. It's honestly like watching a bunch of grumpy old women moan and whine about every little thing. Dudes been putting up stocks every game almost. 

WE NEEDD MOREEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty decent game by my guy. It was heartening that despite Morris playing well, he didn't lose many minutes and it was Christian Wood who lost the minutes instead.

Am going to have a hard choice whether to keep him or pick up Damion Lee.

Just joined the Sekou train.

Got him and Andre on my team, so once Andre gets traded I'm gonna be beyond stoked 🤑

23 minutes ago, citizenerased said:

Pretty decent game by my guy. It was heartening that despite Morris playing well, he didn't lose many minutes and it was Christian Wood who lost the minutes instead.

Am going to have a hard choice whether to keep him or pick up Damion Lee.

Christian Wood was questionable going into the game so can't really tell if that was why he lost minutes.

I like the kid but more rebounding and stocks would be nice.

Edited by DLG10

Yeah he needs to up his stocks, but he never did that in the G League. What is encouraging is his shooting percentage of 62% over the past 7 days.  He's not perfect but he's helping people win the FG battle, while losing stocks, rebounds, assists LOL.  Though he is at least averaging more than 1 combined stock a game.  Good work young one. 

Shame he can`t win stocks, rebounds, and assists, I had to drop him for the next LeBron on the waiver wire

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Yeah he needs to up his stocks, but he never did that in the G League. What is encouraging is his shooting percentage of 62% over the past 7 days.  He's not perfect but he's helping people win the FG battle, while losing stocks, rebounds, assists LOL.  Though he is at least averaging more than 1 combined stock a game.  Good work young one. 

Not sure that's a good tradeoff 😀

Edited by DLG10

5 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Not sure that's a good tradeoff 😀

LOL exactly.  But for a waiver wire guy, I'm very happy LOL.  He's most impressed me by being very steading in the scoring side, and also rebounding (though a bit lower than I want).  But you put a 19 yo out there, play him 30 plus minutes a night, and he's holding his own?  There's not even been a game where he totally bombed (closes is Jan 9 against Cleveland of all teams).  He has a bright future.  I hope he makes my decision really difficult when my IL guys return. 

• Like 1

Guessing that if he really sucked that bad, all these internet folks wouldn't be showin up to talk bout him

3 minutes ago, n00chness said:

Guessing that if he really sucked that bad, all these internet folks wouldn't be showin up to talk bout him

/s...There's literally a subreddit of Trump inadvertently criticizing himself with 315,000 subscribers, welcome to the internet young fella 😂

I already moved one Kuzma this season, so I'm hoping he can get back to some big rebounding games soon

2 hours ago, fabrar said:

I mean... He's being compared to f*ckin Kyle Kuzma. It would be best not to click on this thread anymore lol. Just wash your hands and enjoy the kid.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, n00chness said:

Nothing against Doumboya (I own him three times; Wood, 0), but how good a player is and the number of posts about them on this forum have no correlation.

• Like 1

Kid looks good out there. Youngen with more time than anyone in the league to develop. Biggest takeaway for me is his confidence. He hasnt backed down from any defensive match-up and hes shooting with confidence. Promising  

5 hours ago, CoachK said:

Kid looks good out there. Youngen with more time than anyone in the league to develop. Biggest takeaway for me is his confidence. He hasnt backed down from any defensive match-up and hes shooting with confidence. Promising  

He sure is.  Next season hope Griffin doesn't come back to ruin his value. 

5 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Nothing against Doumboya (I own him three times; Wood, 0), but how good a player is and the number of posts about them on this forum have no correlation.

It’s because his upside is clear, he’s the youngest player in the league, his athletic tools are nearly unmatched and he’s been getting big minutes. Plus when you actually watch him play he has a smooth game and really good defensive potential. Plus he already has one of the best dunks of the season. Fantasy wise, you can only complain that he should be getting more rebounds with those minutes regardless of Drummond eating them up. But honestly when you watch the game, he seems more concerned with actually defending his man on the perimeter  and then just boxing out. End of the day, that’s what they teach you when you’re learning basketball. He’s a fundamentally sound player. It’s not a lack of effort and defensive ability thing like Kuzma. Doumbouya is probably already Detroit’s best defender. 

Edited by 7614
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, fabrar said:

Idk man. I’m expecting more. He’s got 8 starts under his belt and he’s now 19, not 18.

That “he’s only 18” excuse doesn’t fly anymore.

• Haha 3

i remember owning a raw giannis when he first was a rookie. this could be a same situation 3-5 years from now. lengthy check. young check. long last name check. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2