stickman786

Sekou Doumbouya 2019-2020 Outlook

20 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Blake news seals it. This is why the team went into rebuild last week. They knew this was coming.

source.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Worth dropping OG or Noel for this guy?

Same with me (regarding Noel).  I scooped up Noel to help replace Issac (who I have not dropped and have sitting on my bench - Roto).

My one concern with Sekou and why I have not pulled the trigger is the FG% - do we think he will shoot 46% or above?  What are the FG% expectations for him?

20 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Worth dropping OG or Noel for this guy?

I dropped OG but have been having second thoughts, albeit before the Blake news.

Both Wood and Doumbouya available in my league. After reading both threads for 1o mins, I still don't know who to pick up LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, reverb said:

Both Wood and Doumbouya available in my league. After reading both threads for 1o mins, I still don't know who to pick up LOL. 

grab both figure out later

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, reverb said:

Wood sucks man. Casey hates the idea of playing him; hence his role / minutes will continue to fluctuate. A journeyman is not part of their rebuilding plan.

Edited by Trench Mob

11 minutes ago, reverb said:

If you can, grab both. But if you only have room for one, I'd go for Sekou. Wood is a journeyman but Sekou is a first round pick who was seen as a top 10 prospect, and will be a core part of the Pistons' rebuild going forward. Blake out, Drummond gone - Pistons have nothing to play for and will only be focusing on youth development. That means big minutes for guys like Sekou, Kennard and Bruce Brown.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

grab both figure out later

I only have one spot that I can give up so this isn't an option.

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

If you can, grab both. But if you only have room for one, I'd go for Sekou. Wood is a journeyman but Sekou is a first round pick who was seen as a top 10 prospect, and will be a core part of the Pistons' rebuild going forward. Blake out, Drummond gone - Pistons have nothing to play for and will only be focusing on youth development. That means big minutes for guys like Sekou, Kennard and Bruce Brown.

Makes total sense. Give the keys to young guys and that means Wood is the odd man out. 

Is a rookie and does not pass the eye test. Ima pass this one.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, XNW said:

He didn't get 1+ steals even in G league, do you guys think he will provide good stocks? 0.5 blocks in G league seems nice.

https://gleague.nba.com/player/sekou-doumbouya/

Per-36 minutes that's what, 1.1-1.2 steals game? Now obviously he has to actually play 36+ for that to matter, but the past 3 games, he's been at around 34 I believe.

He's got a huge opportunity in front of him but tbh I just don't think he has the best fantasy game. Doesn't seem like he'll get big steals or blocks and his %s are looking rough thus far (40.9% from the field and 55.6% from the line) in limited minutes. Also fouls a lot

If Blake is out he'll rack up decent points/boards by sheer minutes, but getting those shooting %s up and swatting some shots will be key for his value

You'll have to look at his minutes where he plays more than 5 minutes in a game total.  I think he won't be high pct, but should be like 45%.  He does take 3's, so I think it's not going to be over 50% for sure.  Hope he ends up with about 7 rebounds a game.  Stocks who knows.  G league he got total 1.3, but in the NBA who knows.  Hopefully about that while bumping up his minutes.  Only 20 years old, so he's probably going to have some up and downs.  Just be patient.

3 hours ago, vnmslsrbms said:

You'll have to look at his minutes where he plays more than 5 minutes in a game total.  I think he won't be high pct, but should be like 45%.  He does take 3's, so I think it's not going to be over 50% for sure.  Hope he ends up with about 7 rebounds a game.  Stocks who knows.  G league he got total 1.3, but in the NBA who knows.  Hopefully about that while bumping up his minutes.  Only 20 years old, so he's probably going to have some up and downs.  Just be patient.

Has anyone mentioned that this dude as of December 2nd, less than a month ago, was 18 (he just turned 19) and is the youngest player the league?

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Has anyone mentioned that this dude as of December 2nd, less than a month ago, was 18 (he just turned 19) and is the youngest player the league?

December 2nd was definitely not less than a month ago, but the rest of your point still stands. Pretty crazy.

Posted (edited)

Everyone is scooping him in my leagues while Wood is still on WW.

Edited by DLG10

57 minutes ago, smeeze said:

December 2nd was definitely not less than a month ago, but the rest of your point still stands. Pretty crazy.

Closer to being accurate than the guy who said Sekou was 20 lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Ya his birthday is actually December 23rd, so he turned 19 about 2 weeks ago. Insane.

34 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lol oops. 19 not 20. Point is he’s very young.