Sign in to follow this  
Corleone

Calvin Ridley 2020 Outlook

I'm Uber high on ridley this year. I'd draft him ahead of Godwin, Evans, Moore and Thielen. There's alot working in his favor:

-Incredible schedule

-Julio taking away top coverage or getting doubled

-Veteran QB who has shown he can consistently feed multiple wrs

-Vacated targets from Sanu and hooper (yes I know Hurst will take alot)

-If Julio gets injured he should see even more volume

-He's quietly been a great redzone weapon

-3rd year breakouts for wrs seem to be a thing

-he says he's working out to easily reach 1000yds...I think you'll get about 1300, maybe even more

Edited by scheibler

8 hours ago, scheibler said:

I'm Uber high on ridley this year. I'd draft him ahead of Godwin, Evans, Moore and Thielen. There's alot working in his favor:

-Incredible schedule

-Julio taking away top coverage or getting doubled

-Veteran QB who has shown he can consistently feed multiple wrs

-Vacated targets from Sanu and hooper (yes I know Hurst will take alot)

-If Julio gets injured he should see even more volume

-He's quietly been a great redzone weapon

-3rd year breakouts for wrs seem to be a thing

-he says he's working out to easily reach 1000yds...I think you'll get about 1300, maybe even more

So you got him finishing as the WR7/8... where do you have Julio finishing? 

Just now, next big thing cp84 said:

Probably the same as always. There's enough meat on the bone for both of them. That schedule is juicy for shootouts

1 minute ago, next big thing cp84 said:

This is literally your guy cp84 right now. Godwin, Evans, and Moore go ahead of Ridley. You are very high on Ridley alright. Ridley breaks out went Julio is gone on if you think this is a regression year.

IdolizedLiquidGoldenretriever-size_restr

5 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Probably the same as always. There's enough meat on the bone for both of them. That schedule is juicy for shootouts

Would have to be a similar season to the 2018 Steelers, where AB finished as the WR4 and JuJu as the WR8. Vance Mcdonald finished as the TE10 that year on 72 targets, so I can see that for Hurst. 

With Ridley's current ADP at 43, its entirely possible to get him as your WR3. I have him, Chark, and Godwin in my league. So I don't think you even need to draft him above the Thielens, Godwins, Evans, and Moore's of the world. He is going at least 10 picks behind those guys. 

Edited by next big thing cp84

3 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Would have to be a similar season to the 2018 Steelers, where AB finished as the WR4 and JuJu as the WR8. Vance Mcdonald finished as the TE10 that year on 72 targets, so I can see that for Hurst. 

With Ridley's current ADP at 43, its entirely possible to get him as your WR3. I have him, Chark, and Godwin in my league. So I don't think you even need to draft him above the Thielens, Godwins, Evans, and Moore's of the world. He is going at least 10 picks behind those guys. 

You have to remember, those nobody players get a ton of targets on the Falcons too. That's the problem with Ridley's ceiling. I seriously doubt much will change.

8 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

You have to remember, those nobody players get a ton of targets on the Falcons too. That's the problem with Ridley's ceiling. I seriously doubt much will change.

I do think the hypes gotten a little strong and the target share is somewhat overlooked, but even if you give a decent amount to Gage Hurst and Gurley he should still be in the 120 range, and with his ADOT and nose for the end zone he should perform well. Would like to see some better YAC this year though. I’m surprised his ADP hasn’t been driven up by the hype even more, like DJ Moore’s has 

I'm really high on Ridley this year but unlikely to get him in my main league due to my draft slot. I definitely think he is easily worth a late 3rd/4th round pick. I have the 2 slot so would have to take him at 19 or 22 as I doubt he drops to 39

57 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

I'm really high on Ridley this year but unlikely to get him in my main league due to my draft slot. I definitely think he is easily worth a late 3rd/4th round pick. I have the 2 slot so would have to take him at 19 or 22 as I doubt he drops to 39

I'm drafting from #4 and hoping to nab him early 4th in Yahoo. If golladay and Carson are gone in the 3rd I might reach there. He's in a great situation this year. Only thing that sucks is he needs to vastly improve at YAC. 

• Like 1

There's some talk Ridley will take over as Atlanta's WR1 this season from Julio. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

There's some talk Ridley will take over as Atlanta's WR1 this season from Julio. 

He doesn’t have to in order to finish as a WR1

30 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

He doesn’t have to in order to finish as a WR1

Great but that has nothing to do with my post. 

Julio is a hall of famer... Ridley has lots of upside, but you're not going to see the torch passed yet. 

21 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Great but that has nothing to do with my post. 

Yes it does. Ridley is undervalued even if Julio remains the WR1 for ATL. That’s the point.

3 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Julio is the #2 overall WR in the NFL right now. No clue what talk you're seeing.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Julio is the #2 overall WR in the NFL right now. No clue what talk you're seeing.

But he's #1 in our ❤️🖤

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

well, that settles that. 

IT CAN'T HAPPEN!!1!1!

yep.  because you say so ... ergo, it's 100% impossible.

see, folks?  this game is e-z. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

well, that settles that. 

IT CAN'T HAPPEN!!1!1!

If they used him like Godwin it could happen. He couldn't get open against the zone last year which was a problem. If they've figured that out he may have a pretty good year.

35 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

well, that settles that. 

IT CAN'T HAPPEN!!1!1!

He said he's seeing talk. Any links?

8 hours ago, scheibler said:

I'm drafting from #4 and hoping to nab him early 4th in Yahoo. If golladay and Carson are gone in the 3rd I might reach there. He's in a great situation this year. Only thing that sucks is he needs to vastly improve at YAC. 

That’s what I’ve been doing in mocks lately.

I guess you can call it “reaching” for him in the 4th. No way this dude makes it past the fourth round in real drafts. 

31 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

That’s what I’ve been doing in mocks lately.

I guess you can call it “reaching” for him in the 4th. No way this dude makes it past the fourth round in real drafts. 

I was talking about in the 3rd if Carson and golladay are gone. I have him ranked ahead of Moore, Evans, Thielen, & Cooper who usually go there

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

Julio is a hall of famer... Ridley has lots of upside, but you're not going to see the torch passed yet. 

Julio can keep the torch, just give me them pointsss . Missed out on him in both leagues, but I expect big things from him for the 2020 campaign. As someone else mentioned if he can just improve on his YAC, he would be damn near elite. 

• Thanks 1