Sign in to follow this  
Corleone

Calvin Ridley 2020 Outlook

11 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I think the biggest concern about him not meeting the "Godwin of this year" is the Gurley factor. Tampa had no running game and were constantly down in games which increased Godwin's stock. Now I can see Atlanta in shoot outs but I think Gurley is going to be Ridley's biggest barrier to meeting our thoughts on his ceiling. I am still high on Ridley but do worry about the Gurley factor. 

Gurley is terrible. Did you not watch him last year? 

51 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I think the biggest concern about him not meeting the "Godwin of this year" is the Gurley factor. Tampa had no running game and were constantly down in games which increased Godwin's stock. Now I can see Atlanta in shoot outs but I think Gurley is going to be Ridley's biggest barrier to meeting our thoughts on his ceiling. I am still high on Ridley but do worry about the Gurley factor. 

I feel you. Matt Ryan will have his turnovers but nothing as bad as Shameis. I do think that Koetters running scheme has always been pretty bad though, unless you mean more or pass catching, or both. No latter what I expect this offense to be top 5 in passing attempts. One of the reasons I didn’t want Gurley at all this year is because Atlanta hasn’t had a good running scheme in a long time. The TDs might be there but I don’t think the overall yards will. Julio and Ridley will be getting the vast majority of those. (Obviously I could be wrong but I’m less worried about the running game)

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Gurley is terrible. Did you not watch him last year? 

The line was terrible and the Rams kept messing around with Gurley (in addition to the team sucking). Additionally, I think Gurley has Randy Moss syndrome and loses motivation quickly. Gurley last year looked like 2016 Gurley (Fisher's last year). Even if Gurley is as bad as last year, it is still better than what the Bucs offered last year.

I still like Ridley this year and do think he will have a great season (I have him in both my leagues). I am just not as confident in him as I was with Godwin last year. But wherever we got Ridley, he will justify our pick, returning value. 

• Like 1

Julio isn't slowing down so he'll still be the main guy in Atlanta but once he does Ridley will be the new guy (like Roddy White to Julio Jones). His route running is one of the best in the NFL and a pleasure to watch. 

Ridley had these kind of games last year too but they were inconsistent. Julio is still the guy.

6 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Ridley had these kind of games last year too but they were inconsistent. Julio is still the guy.

Well this is the first game of the season and he did it. So maybe there will be more consistency and he takes the next step. Or maybe not but Ridley owners have to be feeling great right now

22 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Cool. Keep fading Ridley at your own expense.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Well this is the first game of the season and he did it. So maybe there will be more consistency and he takes the next step. Or maybe not but Ridley owners have to be feeling great right now

He came out big 1st game last year and then was pretty disappointing. 

I bought into the hype heavily again this year, so I hope it’s a case of the next step. :)

• Like 1

I didn't even start him in my top league...even with 2 flex spots in this 12 team league....

0.5 PPR, and I started: CEH, Chubby, Mack, the two DJ's - Chark and Moore, and Gallup.  I feel stupid.

Just now, MushroomTips said:

I didn't even start him in my top league...even with 2 flex spots in this 12 team league....

0.5 PPR, and I started: CEH, Chubby, Mack, the two DJ's - Chark and Moore, and Gallup.  I feel stupid.

You should. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MushroomTips said:

What on Earth were you thinking?  Even before his big week 1 game, I'm starting Calvin over all 3 of those receivers AND Mack, no question.  Only guy I'm even considering over Calvin would be Moore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MushroomTips said:

Wow maybe fantasy isn't for you man... LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I was definitely trying to get too cute.  Have a lot of exposure to Gallup in my other leagues, so was trying to go all in there.  I'm pretty sure Mack woulda had over 20 points yesterday if he had stayed healthy.  Gallup is really the only one I look back on as a bad decision.  Chark and Moore will be just fine this year.

52 minutes ago, MushroomTips said:

Yeah, I was definitely trying to get too cute.  Have a lot of exposure to Gallup in my other leagues, so was trying to go all in there.  I'm pretty sure Mack woulda had over 20 points yesterday if he had stayed healthy.  Gallup is really the only one I look back on as a bad decision.  Chark and Moore will be just fine this year.

Don’t let the know-it-all’s in here get you down. I’m high on Ridley this year and played him everywhere. But we all get attached to and optimistic about certain guys. Sometimes it works out and sometimes the obvious answers are the correct ones. But FFB is a lot more fun when our faves work out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MushroomTips said:

I'm just messin, fantasy is cruel.  I'm just really high on Ridley this year.. Yea he's behind a Julio but he would be a WR1 on half the teams in the L.

12 minutes ago, Stallion said:

With ARob stinking to start the season, guess this guy is my actual WR1!

With Thomas out and ARob stepping down, I'm darn happy I drafted Ridley.

• Like 1

wasn't there a post saying this guy is not "Athletic enough to a number 1? hahaha If someone can find that.. anyway yeah reached in every draft for him. Touchdowns are a habit   

• Like 1