Sign in to follow this  
Corleone

Calvin Ridley 2020 Outlook

Will cool off obviously, but what a start. 

I had him at 85/1150/10 coming into the year, which would be a fringe WR1. TDs are not a science, but if the Atlanta defense keeps this up, we could see 95/1300/12 ... which should put him top 3-5. WR's I like over him are MT (when healthy), Adams, healthy Godwin, and Hill. 

At any rate, if you got him past round 3-4, you should be way in the black. Congrats and let's hope the Falcons D keep their end of the bargain. 

• Like 1

owned him last 2 years except this year. feels bad. always a knack for scoring tds, but now hes getting yards and receptions. 

It looks like some were right here a few weeks ago. I really thought this was another year of the HOO, but it looks like Ridley might just break out and put up the WR1 fantasy numbers. Julio is still WR1 on his team because he draws the toughest coverage. But from a fantasy perspective Ridley is killing it right now. We will see if it continues, but it is very promising through two games.

8 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

Will cool off obviously, but what a start. 

I had him at 85/1150/10 coming into the year, which would be a fringe WR1. TDs are not a science, but if the Atlanta defense keeps this up, we could see 95/1300/12 ... which should put him top 3-5. WR's I like over him are MT (when healthy), Adams, healthy Godwin, and Hill. 

At any rate, if you got him past round 3-4, you should be way in the black. Congrats and let's hope the Falcons D keep their end of the bargain. 

They are for Ridley.  He's quick and sharp with his routes in tight spaces like possibly no other receiver in the league right now.  Below is a video of Ridley embarrassing a bunch of guys in training (no idea how good they are, looks like the one he makes almost fall down plays at UGA).  Not to mention how terrible Hardman looks in comparison to Ridley.

Then watch his second TD yesterday where he completely turns the DB around and gets wide open in about 2 seconds.  He makes the pros look lost too.

Edited by Illusion_J
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

It looks like some were right here a few weeks ago. I really thought this was another year of the HOO, but it looks like Ridley might just break out and put up the WR1 fantasy numbers. Julio is still WR1 on his team because he draws the toughest coverage. But from a fantasy perspective Ridley is killing it right now. We will see if it continues, but it is very promising through two games.

Another year of the what?

I love seeing the overanalyzing sometimes....

1.  He was a first round pick who was a very talented player coming out of Alabama.  He was drafted by a team who has an elite QB distributing the football.

2.  Targets are available

3.  Dude had a very good Freshman & Sophomore season - especially seeing there were other mouths to feed in that offense in previous years.  

4.  Simply put - you're seeing a receiver completely blossom in his third season.

Ride the wave folks!

spacer.png

• Like 1

Just acquired Ridley. I think Julio will miss time eventually this year with the hamstring especially if this teams record is really poor. He's gonna eat. 

5 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

WR1

He is THE WR1 by almost 20 points in 0.5 ppr through the first two weeks.

If he sustains or even drops off a bit, at his ADP... Ridley is a true “league winner”

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Illusion_J said:

They are for Ridley.  He's quick and sharp with his routes in tight spaces like possibly no other receiver in the league right now.  Below is a video of Ridley embarrassing a bunch of guys in training (no idea how good they are, looks like the one he makes almost fall down plays at UGA).  Not to mention how terrible Hardman looks in comparison to Ridley.

Then watch his second TD yesterday where he completely turns the DB around and gets wide open in about 2 seconds.  He makes the pros look lost too.

I saw this video and yes, Hardman honestly looks like a child next to men. I also can't believe the Chiefs took Hardman OVER DK Metcalf, but I guess the league and football gods could not put together a superteam of superteams for Mahomes to dominate with easily, but I digress. 

With that said, I still think TDs are so hard to predict. We can agree Rid has a knack for the ball, but variance between years is so random, and it's just tough to get down. I think at 12 TDs (just my guess), would be on the high end of things, but I sure hope he gets there. 

12 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

With that said, I still think TDs are so hard to predict. We can agree Rid has a knack for the ball, but variance between years is so random, and it's just tough to get down. I think at 12 TDs (just my guess), would be on the high end of things, but I sure hope he gets there. 

Sooo it sounds like you are saying he's not going to get 2 TDs every game... away with you! 😂

4 hours ago, aapox said:

Sooo it sounds like you are saying he's not going to get 2 TDs every game... away with you! 😂

I think he actually has the chance to, he gets all the looks down field in the red zone along with gage.

Ridley gonna have at least 16 tds this year and I’m not kidding 

11 minutes ago, Guccimonster said:

I think he actually has the chance to, he gets all the looks down field in the red zone along with gage.

Ridley gonna have at least 16 tds this year and I’m not kidding 

sniff sniff moss 23.

• Like 1

That injury report is massive. I’m pretty sure these guys were held out for precautionary reasons. The list of DNPs include 7 starters.

2 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

That injury report is massive. I’m pretty sure these guys were held out for precautionary reasons. The list of DNPs include 7 starters.

Yup. This is essentially a Wednesday practice as they have the Monday night game. If he sits tomorrow, I’m worried. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

seeing as how they play on Monday, Thursday is the new Wednesday ....

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

200.gif

I wouldn't be too worried about it though. We will see Friday and Saturday.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TwoCan Sam said:

First practice of the week as well. Will be telling tomorrow.

Maybe they're just being overly cautious with him since they know Julio/Gage are banged up...can't afford to roll a less than 100% Ridley out there on Monday as well.